Pandemonium Warden Fight Won!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Pandemonium Warden Fight won!
Pandemonium Warden Fight won!
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2011-11-07 09:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev said: »
I'm wondering if PW isn't something to be proud of killing anymore, than what is?

I think creating the pop and organizing the necessary logistics and strategy is still a pretty big accomplishment (especially if you're familiar with how un-hardcore the linkshell is). I don't think there's still anything that takes much more of a commitment to pop and kill than Pandemonium Warden. If there is, I'd love to hear about it so we can add it to the list of things to do.

how many times have *you* killed PW?
I think having your shell go through the VW tiers and pop and kill pil on your own vs having someone pop it for you would be a lot harder and more logistically challenging then taking pics of mobs and killing easy to beat mobs at 75. You don't see anyone making threads about beating Pil now do you?
The fact is you really didn't do anything special.If you can take the last tier of voidwatch the week it comes out, buy all means i'm sure lots would be proud. But not mobs that were killed 20 levels and years ago. Now is this a huge accomplishment? being on your server and seeing the players in that shell, yes. Just don't brag about it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi
user: Vivivivi
By Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi 2011-11-07 10:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care if the level cap is 95, this was my second time fighting PW, and it is HARD. Sure it may be much easier than the 75 cap, but it is by far still the most challenging fight I've faced in the game, every single person had to be on top of their game for it to be a success.

Having said that, it really was a TON of fun, and I am really happy to have been a part of it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev
By Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev 2011-11-07 15:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So much jelly.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2011-11-07 23:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi said: »
Having said that, it really was a TON of fun, and I am really happy to have been a part of it.

Found the problem.

Seriously though, congrats. I'll probably never see or fight PW myself, and it's cool you've made a personal accomplishment in this game, even if the community doesn't see it as an accomplishment.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-11-08 00:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat PW for the first time a couple of weeks ago. What a snoozer of a fight. TBH I didn't see any difference between PW and Jailer of Love - especially since the waves of mobs were easily destroyed by a few fell cleaves.

But congratulations and maybe I'm jelly you actually had fun beating him.