Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » New to Dynamis
New to Dynamis
 Sylph.Breakdown
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2011-10-29 17:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As I never played Dynamis before I had to read alot to get familiar with is.

Just 1 question left. I want to solo when my friends aren't online. I'm reading DNC and BST are best for it.

Does anyone have a gear setup for these jobs? For instance: do I use evasion ToM weapons? Or -pdt for BST?

Pet is Dipper Yuly all the way right?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-29 17:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Since everything you fight is likely to be Easy Prey, I think it would be safe to say you can just go all out DD mode and try to max out your kill speed. I do put -37% Pet PDT in an oshit set when I get like 8 links, but those EPs whiff so badly its usually never a problem. Yuly has TH2/3 and survives very well so thats why its preferable. Might want to use something cheaper for TEs though, as sometimes you will get a EM links and have to hit leave.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-10-29 18:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, the dynamis TE's is the use I found for the slug. lol
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-10-29 18:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I always use Dipper because I lot of times I find myself waiting to proc with JAs so kill speed isn't going to help as much as the TH from Dipper may. Plus you can afford to get a few links with Dipper.
 Sylph.Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2011-10-30 03:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you post a setup of your gear. And tell me what weapons you use?

Should I wear full Emp armor or Twilight mail + helm?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-10-30 04:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't full time Twilight helm + mail just for the reraise bonus. Cap haste, buy a reraise earring. They make nifty weapon skill pieces though.

DNC solo is just too slow and too dangerous for getting TEs. It's fabulous in a small group for CoP with subjob locked however. When you're alone it's just not worth waiting on TEs to move for a perfect pull and possibly still linking and wiping because stones are slow and walk funny.

I use sheep for TE pets since they're cheap and can take a bit of a beating, then dump it for Yuly after the last TE. I use dual magian pet evasion axes +3 but in all honesty you probably don't need them if all you're doing with BST is dyna. If you have lots of spare time and feel like making some axes anyway, pet PDT- certainly never hurts and is more beneficial to all pets whereas the evasion is more for Yuly tanking on harder mobs. Whichever you feel suits you/is easier for you to get, go for it. The +3 axes have some decent damage on them as well.

Josiah's set should give you a good idea of a basic TP set. If you're lacking +2 stuff you can throw in Ocelot gloves or Dusk (+1) for some extra haste there. The +2 items for legs and head are extremely easy to get for any duo though. Perle or Dusk (+1) or Aurum boots if you happen to have ever obtained those for other feet options since Ryuga are pricey.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-10-30 04:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally gear very heavily towards Double Attack in my TP set.

This is almost identical to my TP set except I don't have the axe and my boots are only +1. I am a bit confused what would be the best axe to offhand with my current set though.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-30 05:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As for axes, I asked this question a few weeks ago but noone replied so I guess I shall ask you fellow BSTs again:

This was the first magian axe I ever made, and it's been in storage ever since I made the -PDT ones. But I'm kinda thinking now it wouldn't be so bad for fodder enemies, as the additional effect would benefit both myself and the pet. It is 70 damage at 95, and it procs often, i wanna say 25%. Anyone think I should bring back this ghetto Aymur? lol
 Fenrir.Tessy
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-10-30 06:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
As for axes, I asked this question a few weeks ago but noone replied so I guess I shall ask you fellow BSTs again: This was the first magian axe I ever made, and it's been in storage ever since I made the -PDT ones. But I'm kinda thinking now it wouldn't be so bad for fodder enemies, as the additional effect would benefit both myself and the pet. It is 70 damage at 95, and it procs often, i wanna say 25%. Anyone think I should bring back this ghetto Aymur? lol

Yeah its a good axe on occational things you do such as Dynamis. I don't have any pdt, weakend axes yet for my bst, but I use my langdebeve polearm with almost the same stats as your axe, I allways use this in dynamis and if needed on certain mobs... So yep dust it of and keep it with ya :)
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-30 09:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
As for axes, I asked this question a few weeks ago but noone replied so I guess I shall ask you fellow BSTs again:

This was the first magian axe I ever made, and it's been in storage ever since I made the -PDT ones. But I'm kinda thinking now it wouldn't be so bad for fodder enemies, as the additional effect would benefit both myself and the pet. It is 70 damage at 95, and it procs often, i wanna say 25%. Anyone think I should bring back this ghetto Aymur? lol

Not the same weapon but my friend built the dagger version and it was bloody noticeable change in WS numbers. Talking like a 500dmg~.

Would be even better considering pet ^^
 Sylph.Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2011-10-30 11:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So what Trial Axe so I make first for Dynamis?

Weakens Defense?
Occ attacks 2-4?
Evasion?
Str?
-pdt?
By seyton 2011-10-31 15:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Breakdown said: »
So what Trial Axe so I make first for Dynamis? Weakens Defense? Occ attacks 2-4? Evasion? Str? -pdt?

I've made 2 evasion axes, just finished the double attack +10, and am about to start the -pdt axes. for dynamis with Dipper, start with either evasion or pdt.
 Sylph.Breakdown
By Sylph.Breakdown 2011-10-31 15:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Weakens Defense?
Occ attacks 2-4?
Evasion?
Str?
-pdt?
Anyone?
 Sylph.Deathknight
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-10-31 15:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Weakens Defense?
Occ attacks 2-4?
Evasion?
Str?
-pdt?

You shouldn't need the 2-4 unless you're having trouble keeping up with TP, and that should never happen. They mentioned above that given the EP status of the mobs, pdt/eva axes are not necessary, only helpful. Thus, STR or weakens def are your two more reasonable options for your first axe.