Dynamis and BST
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 16:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So this was the scene today in Dynamis - Qufim. Seems that BST travel in schools. They are the bane of my existence!

So instead of going after different EP mobs at the corresponding times they decided to camp on top of each other. =D GO BST! It was like an NM camping scene. Since mobs are so close together usually you link more than one so BSTs are taking on 3-4 mobs at a time... a tad annoying especially if you've been camping there for a while then BAM! BST troupe Alpha go.

Anywhoooo... I hate BSTs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-10-19 16:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol... it's cerberus ofc all the lolbsts of the server are going to bandwagon it up, move on /slap ignore them :)
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 16:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier said than done! I think 2 more BSTs entered after i took that screenshot. But then I got a tell when I had 5min left asking for a raise. I was like sweet sweet Karma.
 Fenrir.Meue
Server: Fenrir
user: Meue
By Fenrir.Meue 2011-10-19 17:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say this is revenge for all the solo Bsts your parties have camped on top of back in the old days.. but I'm sure those are all Abyssea-bred Bst.

Try going on off hours and into zones when they're empty. :<
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-10-19 17:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They asked a DNC/BLM for raise?

And I agree, BST is currently a scourge for all old content.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 17:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they asked me for a raise. I guess they saw my BRD/WHM mule running around.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-10-19 17:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh those BSTS..giving us a bad name :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 17:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ujelly
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 17:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of those BSTs were JP so I'm sure they were like "F U americans!" /claim
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-19 17:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Yeah they asked me for a raise. I guess they saw my BRD/WHM mule running around.

I always ignore or say no. It hurts your farming rate in most cases. They should probably offer like 30 coins per raise or something to supplement your loss.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 17:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly hate the duo-trio BST parties. Whats the deal with that?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 17:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »

I always ignore or say no. It hurts your farming rate in most cases. They should probably offer like 30 coins per raise or something to supplement your loss.
well once my dumb friend died without RR and he got a raise from a JP WHM, we were very happy that someone could be so unselfish, its just a game
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well normally I don't complain/care about this sorta thing. Especially because I ALWAYS scout out the zones and only enter when the population is low. When I entered it was empty. I suppose these BSTs either didn't /sea or just didn't care.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-19 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it may be just a game, but you're restricted to 2 hours a day, so time is valuable. If you're right next to me I'd probably raise you between songs or something, but walking halfway across the zone isn't my cup of tea. Wastes a lot of time.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 17:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

People always seem to get upset when you say "it's just a game". It's like you hit a nerve or something, lol. To be quite frank, if it entails me to go out of my way and rescue the hobbits from Isengard to go raise someone, fts! Time is money!
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't die, let alone without reraise.. but i've been SOL, and when someone can empathize for a minute its very refreshing. Don't see why you need to waste someone's whole trip because you're too good to cast a 10 second spell. I agree that across-the-zone trips might be unfavorable, but paying 300k for a raise because OMG YOUR 30 COINS, is pretty damn trivial.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-19 17:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What is with all these damn Dnc/--- shitting up my zones? Just because you can cure yourself and proc JA without a sub doesnt mean you should. And quit jacking up the price of O.Peices.

/sarcasm off.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-10-19 17:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My 100s say otherwise! DNC is the ***... if only I didn't look soooo gay frolicking around ><;
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-19 17:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I don't die, let alone without reraise.. but i've been SOL, and when someone can empathize for a minute its very refreshing. Don't see why you need to waste someone's whole trip because you're too good to cast a 10 second spell. I agree that across-the-zone trips might be unfavorable, but paying 300k for a raise because OMG YOUR 30 COINS, is pretty damn trivial.

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you broke enough to justify being that selfish?
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-19 17:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're dying without reraise in this day and age, where reraise earrings are abundant, exp doesn't matter (so no QQing holding out for raise II/III), and instant reraise scrolls are 7 *** conquest points you deserve to homepoint.

Honest to god, if you asked me to raise you due to your inability to get a reraise earring back when I was WHM main at 75, I would slap your ***.
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-19 17:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you that broke?

If 30 coins are that trivial, how many are you making in a run? 10,000? Assuming you aren't sporting more than 1000, 30 is still a significant portion of your coinage. You're probably making (if you run with 2-3 people) 300-350 or less.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 18:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo, and I avg about 185. First of all, I go at down times. Also, to say that one person will have a 30 coin impact on anyone is "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE", there are infinite mobs. If you feel that threatened by someone that just ate dirt, go for it. But I'd rather raise them, because its been done for me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-19 18:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo, and I avg about 185. First of all, I go at down times. Also, to say that one person will have a 30 coin impact on anyone is "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE", there are infinite mobs. If you feel that threatened by someone that just ate dirt, go for it. But I'd rather raise them, because its been done for me.
Noone cares how many mobs there are, we're saying if you're next to the OP for whatever reason, and someone's asking for a raise down by the beach, it's a good 5~10 minute hike there and back to go and raise them.
In my opinion, it's extremely unrealistic to ask for someone to go that far out of their way. If I was dense enough to get caught without reraise, I would do a quick 360 with my camera, and if I don't see anyone I'd home point and learn to be 10% less terrible.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-19 18:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about that raise, even if its right next to you, having an impact on your lolcurrency kk? If you aren't very confident you can own the place I can see being selfish, kk.

Anyway, its a matter of ethics. No right answer. Do what you will if that person that just ate dirt versus EPs is threatening your currency.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-11-06 19:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, how's Tavnazia for farming? Haven't been in there before.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-11-20 06:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant talk for other jobs, they sure have it easier.
But with RDM onry as mainjob and /nin i got 3 TEs in Tavnazia easy.

First at worms no prob.
One at Formor with 1 Formor MNK link - no prob.
One at Formor other side - no prob.
Just takes time to "time" the pull right.

TE 4 is first Floor under the Bridge, but there are Tauri mobs which are truesight meaning you have to slash through them.

TE 5 is second Floor under Bridge and Eye type, in a small room together with a normal eye.

Besides that, mobs have annoying TP moves with attack down to 1 or ***like that.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-20 07:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Just curious, how's Tavnazia for farming? Haven't been in there before.

TE's are Easy, But 1 Of them is past the Tauri, Which are still True-Sight. You'll have to fight your way through.

They are squishy, Just annoying.

The other 4 Are easy as heck to get too, and nothing around them Links to them.

As far as the zone as a whole goes, It basically supports 1 Person, not 1 group, 1 person, There are just not enough mobs for anything more, Unless you wanna fight T+ Mobs.

Theres like, 6-8 Bees(?), ~8 Worms or So, and IDK How many Makara (about the same amount as Bees), and thats it for each Time frame, except for the Tough+ mobs.

Tauri are nice because anything can proc them, But i can say with 99% Certainty that they have much lower proc rates... Or i have terrible terrible luck.

Basically If you're soloing on BST and the only person in the zone, Tavnazia is wonderful, But you may run out of mobs at some point.

If you have more than 1 Person, You're going to run out of mobs quick, and spend most of the time slaughtering Tauri between repops with little chance of proc.

Then again, I've only gone once. :D
 Lakshmi.Niico
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kido
By Lakshmi.Niico 2011-11-20 07:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It was like an NM camping scene. Since mobs are so close together usually you link more than one so BSTs are taking on 3-4 mobs at a time... a tad annoying especially if you've been camping there for a while then BAM! BST troupe Alpha go.

Anywhoooo... I hate BSTs.

Ya I get this problem a lot. It seems like no matter what time I enter, I always find myself surrounded by 8 pearle Bsts that not only think its super fun to try and keep claim on at least 4 mobs at a time, but suck so much that they end up holding them for several minutes, so nothing else is repopping. Makes me hate bsts even more than I already did.
By ellinor 2011-11-28 13:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm if they're killing slow and holding mobs, i think the ones in yellow are up for grab....

alright, people, don't hate! >:o
First Page 2