Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-07 05:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »
I'm currently heading more toward a six hit, mainly because I don't have a Rose Strap and I don't know if I'm willing to grind the hell out of campaign for an item that will probably be obsoleted pretty soon.

I know it's lazy, but I REALLY hate campaign.

Campaign got MAD easy yo....when I came back a few months ago, I literally got all the points needed for it, in 3 days, they REALLY upped the "per eval" rewards. I was getting upwards of 8k exp and 4000+ notes per tag and i had lost my medal from max when i returned... also I was in the bastok army (still am) so i was able to get enough for rose, even with the added "you're not in this army so you gotta by EXTRA" crap, in 3 days or so..
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-07 05:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not the points, it's the dumb 5 day wait for evaluations.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-07 05:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well ya that sucks too, but if you're already of rank, 3 days is easy time to spend campaigning, plus, you can exp a lower job you want to not abyssea grind in
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-07 06:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Mark your calendar for every evaluation!
and in a few months you'll be done.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-07 06:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Mark your calendar for every evaluation!
and in a few months you'll be done.
I already did all of that for DNC to get the ammos. Rose Strap is just there because i had the points
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Server: Carbuncle
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-07 06:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless... If I do ever do enough Campaign for a Rose Strap it'll be a pretty long time away, so for the time being I'll probably stick to a six hit.

Thanks for all the input guys.
 Odin.Earli
user: Earli
By Odin.Earli 2011-10-07 08:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hit is a bit more reasonable these days, but I'm still not sure if it's worth the tradeoffs. If I were going to use a 5-hit set, it'd be something like this:

That should grant a 20.3% TP per swing return /SAM, leaving you needing to WS in 26 store tp to have a true 5-hit (landing extra hits on drakesbane will allow a bit more wiggle room). Of course the tradeoff is you're sitting at 24% haste, have to use ace's feet instead of lancer's +2, hagneia instead of thew, and you lose the 7 polearm/20 attack off lancer's +2 head.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-10-07 09:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont get a rise strap just give up on a 492 5hit. You will have to trash your gear far to much.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-07 20:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Allslove
Server: Ragnarok
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2011-10-08 07:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing to keep in mind as well is that between Jumps and /SAM (should you be subbing it) you are going to have so much TP that a 5-hit build would just be silly.

With Soul and Spirit Jumps, with the wyvern present, I'm often seeing 50%+ TP generation with one jump. Sometimes even 100% if double or triple attacks land. Then of course you have /SAM's Meditate. Should you have closer to 200% TP Sekkanoki can be used to split TP usage for 2 weapon skills.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-10-08 11:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You act as though having a lot of TP makes it a bad idea to have moar.

5hits arent silly. Ignoring a higher TP generating build is.

If your diligent in actually using your WS and can do some quick rough head math (hmm i have 60TP, a 5hit, and both jumps are up...which one should i use! Probably the one that will net me 40 instead of 60!) so you dont overkill using jumps, you can WS right at 100 more often than not and have sekka to back up up when you DA soul jump. If you are overflowing regularly, its probably your fault.