users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Glavoid.
Glavoid.
 Ragnarok.Sakurasama
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Sakurasama 2011-09-28 02:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me, or has every suddenly become pansy when it comes to fighting glavoid? Ive been trying to get my shells so I can finish up my Ukon, and Shouting doesn't work and my LS treats it like the plague..
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-28 02:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No one wants to help you.
Nothing's changed otherwise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-28 02:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sakurasama said: »
Is it just me, or has every suddenly become pansy when it comes to fighting glavoid? Ive been trying to get my shells so I can finish up my Ukon, and Shouting doesn't work and my LS treats it like the plague..

Now for your answer: Glavoid doesn't really drop anything desirable except shells and 1 card/stone, paired with his pop set taking the longest of any Emp. NM to collect.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-09-28 06:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chloris by far has the longest time to make a pop set by far, sorry uhh..

You got 2 mobs way down by conflux 1 you need to farm, pop, kill, then travel up the west path to hecteyes and farm them for pop to finally pop your KI NM.

head over to mandys, get pop, kill, then move over to scorpion get pop kill for KI.

Then you're left with either camping Chukwa against that gimp paladin that wants the neck but doesn't wanna team up, or the skull that the last time I fought reraised 87 times before finally giving up his pop item.

Once both those are done, you can make your way down to the bat, which is a usual push over but very squishy and can be take down to deleteriously low HP if the procs are being stubborn, and with there usually being some douche bag that has to cleave every single mob in the area, leaves you minimal option to build TP on adds.

And then you have Chloris.

ofcourse any well built linkshell can take advantage of split farming and flitering pops around relativily fast and cuts down on a lot of that time averaging in my shell when I take 12 in and split 6 in two different areas about 6 full Chloris pops every 2 hours.

Where as when you go to build Glavoid, you have 4 NMs you have to pop and kill, none of them reraise, only one of them is gay and can instant death you, Adze is usually camped by DNC that are more then willing to team up and help you out so they can get their terrible occ 2 - 4 dagger, and that just leaves the sandworm with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE spawn area that spans from cats, to manticores, all the way over to in deep worm territory.

My shell when farming can usually average a full 8-9 pops / 2 hours usually depending on how the Sandworm wants to be with his fun game of hide and go screw off.

I'll take farming Glavoid over Chloris any day :)
[+]
By Itze 2011-09-28 07:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new WoE update just tough it out for now and make a fake one. Already finished a fake g.axe/h2h/dagger/bow till I decide I want the real deal. Till then get the weapons done and keep looking for a ls that will help you out.
 Bismarck.Punchus
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2011-09-28 07:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Itze said: »
With the new WoE update just tough it out for now and make a fake one. Already finished a fake g.axe/h2h/dagger/bow till I decide I want the real deal. Till then get the weapons done and keep looking for a ls that will help you out.

Unless you have countless hours and enjoy camping NM's to build a weapon 2 times I would avoid WoE version weapons as the real emps are easier to obtain.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-28 07:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Punchus said: »

Unless you have countless hours and enjoy camping NM's to build a weapon 2 times I would avoid WoE version weapons as the real emps are easier to obtain.
Not easier when you can't get help for them, and can't dual box a mule to solo them. lol
By Itze 2011-09-28 07:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've must of been lucky on coin drops on WoE. Usually get 2-3 coins and maybe a pouch. Not sure if it's just people on this server but a lot have helped get NM credit while I slept/work if I make an effort to show I was killing as well. If your lucky you can get it done pretty quick. Only NM's I've said I will never do again is the stupid dhamel and tottering toby. Those two can go piss off. Wasn't going to make an almace just because of those two.
By Starkzz 2011-09-28 07:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
Chloris by far has the longest time to make a pop set by far, sorry uhh.. You got 2 mobs way down by conflux 1 you need to farm, pop, kill, then travel up the west path to hecteyes and farm them for pop to finally pop your KI NM. head over to mandys, get pop, kill, then move over to scorpion get pop kill for KI. Then you're left with either camping Chukwa against that gimp paladin that wants the neck but doesn't wanna team up, or the skull that the last time I fought reraised 87 times before finally giving up his pop item. Once both those are done, you can make your way down to the bat, which is a usual push over but very squishy and can be take down to deleteriously low HP if the procs are being stubborn, and with there usually being some douche bag that has to cleave every single mob in the area, leaves you minimal option to build TP on adds. And then you have Chloris. ofcourse any well built linkshell can take advantage of split farming and flitering pops around relativily fast and cuts down on a lot of that time averaging in my shell when I take 12 in and split 6 in two different areas about 6 full Chloris pops every 2 hours. Where as when you go to build Glavoid, you have 4 NMs you have to pop and kill, none of them reraise, only one of them is gay and can instant death you, Adze is usually camped by DNC that are more then willing to team up and help you out so they can get their terrible occ 2 - 4 dagger, and that just leaves the sandworm with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE spawn area that spans from cats, to manticores, all the way over to in deep worm territory. My shell when farming can usually average a full 8-9 pops / 2 hours usually depending on how the Sandworm wants to be with his fun game of hide and go screw off. I'll take farming Glavoid over Chloris any day :)

k?
 Bismarck.Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2011-09-28 07:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Uzugami said: »
Not easier when you can't get help for them, and can't dual box a mule to solo them. lol

Brews made obtaining anything in Abyssea a solo friendly task.

I've must of been lucky on coin drops on WoE. Usually get 2-3 coins and maybe a pouch. Not sure if it's just people on this server but a lot have helped get NM credit while I slept/work if I make an effort to show I was killing as well. If your lucky you can get it done pretty quick. Only NM's I've said I will never do again is the stupid dhamel and tottering toby. Those two can go piss off. Wasn't going to make an almace just because of those two.

Honestly though with the time you put into WoE for coins(which now you can only get if you win the floor and are fortunate enough to get the pouch you need) and the time you spend camping all NM's again to get a new weapon up to Glavoid ready you could have solo'd most if not all of your shells. I'd just try and get yourself a Widowmaker and keep working on Ukon.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-28 07:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Uzugami said: »

Brews made obtaining anything in Abyssea a solo friendly task.
He still wouldn't have help to even build the pops, though. So unless he cruor farms with random people, brew would kinda be limited, and even then doing 1 brew to 1 glavoid is just a waste of time. lol
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-09-28 07:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

you dont have 2-3 friends that can help you ?

you dont need an entire ls to bring this down.

we went
nin whm blm (stun and procs) and blu

sometimes we invented an extra thf to get the +2 drosp we didn't need for extra th
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-09-28 07:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You may not need an entire LS to bring him down, but it's nice to have the bodies to hold popsets and get it done and over with.

I had this problem also.
 Bismarck.Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2011-09-28 07:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because something can be done more efficiently with numbers doesn't mean it is a waste of time for someone solo. If I were sitting on a Glavoid pop and couldn't get anyone to help me kill it yes I'd rather brew just the 1 glavoid and be able to reobtain those KI for another pop. It is more of a waste to sit on a pop waiting for help when he could solo brew 1 possibly get 2 shells and probably have another pop ready when someone is available to help. Farming Glavoid KI's isn't hard.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-28 08:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly though with the time you put into WoE for coins(which now you can only get if you win the floor and are fortunate enough to get the pouch you need) and the time you spend camping all NM's again to get a new weapon up to Glavoid ready you could have solo'd most if not all of your shells. I'd just try and get yourself a Widowmaker and keep working on Ukon.
Personally I got almost 3 emps bromune, bromageddon, done and bronaggi just got the helms done today. It's a nice change to not have to worry about procs and junk and just go straight for the ws at this point. Eventually will make the real deal but this far into the game I need something to keep me hooked and not take another break.