Dreamland Dynamis Information?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dreamland Dynamis Information?
Dreamland Dynamis Information?
 Cerberus.Sevvy
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-01-23 12:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like the Fungar->Hippo->Gobbue path myself.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-01-23 12:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo?
I'll be honest, I never tried Funguars in the new dynamis, but I always assumed that as random as it is Dark Spore can get dangerous?

Well, now that I think about it, it's a conal move, so as long as you avoid it I'm sure the pet will be fine.
Talking from a BST perspective here.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Server: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-23 15:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Hmm look closer than the path I usually do. Guess I'll try that one of these days. Thanks for sharing!
How many coins do you get solo?
Usually I'm at uhm... hard to make an average, it depends a lot on luck with TEs, I guess 120ish?
But my gear on BST sucks I have to admit. I have a very very limited inventory of items. I'm your average gimpBST using 5 AF3+2, Brego Gloves, Ogier legs, Epona, Rajas, Suppa, Brutal, Charmer's, Regain Axe, Twilight Belt, Ferine neck/back, a couple of other swaps for WS and then Monsterboots/Ogregloves for Reward.
So yeah, pretty gimp I know =/

when i solo valkurm perfectly (i.e. no deaths, minimal competition, quick procs) i come out with 175-215ish, and hopefully 100s from the tree nm. dying obviously takes time off your clock, competition causes you to be running around aimlessly for too long, and sometimes youll go thru 2-3 rounds of procs before you finally get it..which sucks.

i go both solo and duo as dnc/thf, with a dnc/00 friend duoing. id like to think i have good gear lol which helps. i sorta plan for what % of mobs hp i proc at, also depending on JA timers. if i proc quick ~80% ill do double rudras darkness if all timers are up to kill fast. ~50% or a little more i might do kleos+evis darkness, anything less really just needs one ws and you can save your finishing moves for the next mob. just have to be efficient with steps+finishing moves so you can skillchain and kill mobs fast. this is me talking as dnc tho, idk much about bst (mines lv10) so idk how fast you guys can go :D

EDIT: a lot also depends on how fast you can get your 5/5 TE, the 20min one can potentially be a big pain in the ***
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-01-23 17:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah deffo, getting TEs is where I suck for sure :D
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-01-23 17:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah deffo, getting TEs is where I suck for sure :D

you know you can leave your pet & only the initial pull (the TE) will come for you?

TE is the easiest part of dyna with bst >.<
By Nevill 2012-01-23 17:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo?
I'll be honest, I never tried Funguars in the new dynamis, but I always assumed that as random as it is Dark Spore can get dangerous?

Well, now that I think about it, it's a conal move, so as long as you avoid it I'm sure the pet will be fine.
Talking from a BST perspective here.

Dark spore and silence gas can definitely be deadly. I usually go funguar/sheep/treants though. Keep flourish ready on funguar.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-26 04:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

so uhhh, just to i guess raise the question again, this nm does confirm drop 100s right?... just proc'd it and he dropped 2 singles:

i was dnc/thf so i only proc'd red but i figured proc on nm = 100s sooooooo yea
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-01-26 04:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish that were true.

Unfortunately it seems 100s are only affected by treasure hunter. They drop off of all NMs with or without procs, just very rarely. White procs are the only way to force 100s to drop.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-26 04:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how totally and completely super disappointing..thanks for the info tho

edit: very cute avatar :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa 2012-01-26 06:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally tried farming NM's for about a week before I stopped. I duel box thief and rdm usually so I could cover all proc's. Dynamis Windy farming only the mnk NM at every respawn 6/7 per run first night I got 2 L jades second night 3 and third night 2. If your wondering why Windy, Bubu the zone I prefer was just to overcrowded.

So I figured Bubu I would prolly make a killing with all the random NM's that are generally up when I enter. Well that was completely wrong. Killing all NM's I could find never once had a NM in dreamlands drop a 100. All proc'd all 5 time stones. Could off been a horrible string of luck but even with the quoted 5% drop rate I went easily 0/100 in dreamlands on them. And just stopped all together for the most part unless I see a clean pull when switching camps or something.

Though dreamlands in general just seem to be "glitchy" to me. Like magic proc'ing when there are 10 bst sitting on ja mobs and casting dia over 40-50 times and no proc. But in city zones don't think I have ever gone over 15.

Then ran Sandy the other night so a friends mule could get win and got 3 M silvers off about 12 NM's kills I think. Not sure if its extreme luck or just a higher drop rate but cities seem the way to go if you want to camp NM's.

Granted there is no I did 1000 runs in both and it average'd out better but the few I did those were the results. Goodluck.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-01-26 07:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
Hmm look closer than the path I usually do. Guess I'll try that one of these days. Thanks for sharing!
Usually I'm at uhm... hard to make an average, it depends a lot on luck with TEs, I guess 120ish?
But my gear on BST sucks I have to admit. I have a very very limited inventory of items. I'm your average gimpBST using 5 AF3+2, Brego Gloves, Ogier legs, Epona, Rajas, Suppa, Brutal, Charmer's, Regain Axe, Twilight Belt, Ferine neck/back, a couple of other swaps for WS and then Monsterboots/Ogregloves for Reward.

when i solo valkurm perfectly (i.e. no deaths, minimal competition, quick procs) i come out with 175-215ish, and hopefully 100s from the tree nm. dying obviously takes time off your clock, competition causes you to be running around aimlessly for too long, and sometimes youll go thru 2-3 rounds of procs before you finally get it..which sucks.

i go both solo and duo as dnc/thf, with a dnc/00 friend duoing. id like to think i have good gear lol which helps. i sorta plan for what % of mobs hp i proc at, also depending on JA timers. if i proc quick ~80% ill do double rudras darkness if all timers are up to kill fast. ~50% or a little more i might do kleos+evis darkness, anything less really just needs one ws and you can save your finishing moves for the next mob. just have to be efficient with steps+finishing moves so you can skillchain and kill mobs fast. this is me talking as dnc tho, idk much about bst (mines lv10) so idk how fast you guys can go :D

EDIT: a lot also depends on how fast you can get your 5/5 TE, the 20min one can potentially be a big pain in the ***

so would you say a thf/dnc and a nin/dnc wud be a good duo set up???
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-26 07:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as NMs go, the red proc drop is random currency.

We've taken NMs out of our dynamis routine except for when it is super crowded.
 Bahamut.Sico
Server: Bahamut
user: sico
By Bahamut.Sico 2012-01-26 10:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there ppl,

i got the question. where to get my assesin armelts -1 the best?
does the droprate of -1 items also depent on staggers?

In former tiimes the -1 items droped only on nightmare mobs, is it still the same now? It also was like this, that special mobs droped special items like sorcerers belt only from nightmare sheep.

if its like that, that only some mobs drop the -1 armlets for thf, which one it is?

tnx in advance for ur answers.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-01-26 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis - Buburimu, and yea, off of the nightmare mobs. Seems like a luck thing - I've gotten 3 sets solo as a mnk/dnc. Friend going as thf has yet to see a pair.

Good luck.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-01-26 12:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »

THF/DNC and NIN/DNC would be a solid setup for a run, but if you wanted to try for the off-chance white proc, you'd want a dnc main. with thf/dnc and nin/dnc youll be going for red procs. whichever one of you can kill faster should stay on the mob, and the other can be your early proc/puller, i.e. once your mob is proc'd you finish off that and the other pulls another and tries to proc as you finish off the first~

if you wanted to try for the off-chance white proc, it would probably be best for one of you to go main dnc/00. your puller should be your /00 person so they can start procs before you get there, and possibly get a white!!

otherwise, yea maybe i wrote too much. nin/dnc and thf/dnc is a great setup, more and more TH is nice and youll kill mobs fast enough

Bahamut.Sico said: »
Hey there ppl,

In former tiimes the -1 items droped only on nightmare mobs, is it still the same now? It also was like this, that special mobs droped special items like sorcerers belt only from nightmare sheep.

if its like that, that only some mobs drop the -1 armlets for thf, which one it is?

i actually had this exact question earlier in this forum i think. @Fenrir_Terminus answered it correctly. any nightmare mob in the zone has a chance to drop any -1 relic armor. when i went with a group soon after they revamped dreamland zones, we stayed in the north part of the map killing efts and dhalmels. to give you an exact answer, my aa-1 dropped off an eft, if you were superstitious :p
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-01-29 18:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

so uhhh, just to i guess raise the question again, this nm does confirm drop 100s right?... just proc'd it and he dropped 2 singles:
He does, had 3 drops myself (out of... I dunno, 20 fights? more probably).
When the rare currency doesn't drop he drops 2 coins indeed.
Takes some time to kill, up to the point it has me wondering if it's worth at all to fight it when solo... in the time I kill him I can probably proc/kill at least 3 EP trees. Is it worth? Think it's not.
If you're duoing you can proc it very fast and kill it very fast, in such a situation then yeah it might be worth a shot, I don't see why not.

Oh btw in the meantime I had more chances to solo in Valk and I have to say 120 average was really a low estimate on my side (on BST/DNC using Yuly).
The other day I spent MORE than 30 mins getting TEs in a supercrowded Valk (think It took me 35mins at least?) and I still came out with 139coins and 2 touches.
Not too bad if you ask me.
My record of currency in Valk so far has been 193 singles in a very very lucky run with a lot of 4 coins drop from procs and barely more than 10mins to get TEs.
Please consider that my BST has very shitty gear, my rampage averages probably 1700ish (ranges from 1200 to 2500, and sadly no ruinator) and I do have very bad gear. Mainly just AF3+2 plus a couple of relic and whatnot for WS and Reward.
Missing Skadi boots as well for Movement speed while getting TEs.
So really, if someone completely lacking good gear and skills can get 139 coins out of an unlucky run as the one I mentioned before, I figure a particularly skilled BST can obtain much better results :)
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-02-27 22:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I go on thief/dnc to dynamis. I mainly do Dynamis - Valk. The most I've gotten solo was 238 singles. In that same run I got 1 m.silver and 1 l.jade from the tree nm.

I've gotten 4 100 pieces total in 1 run before all from the Tree NM. I kill the nm when t.whiteshell time starts. I don't waste time on him though. I just tp and try to JA proc as i go but i still Exenterator when i get tp. i've gotten just as many 100's on proc and not proccing the nm's.

Now i usually go thf/dnc thf/dnc whm/blm(mule). One of us does the nm as the other continues to farm lesser trees. we still don't spend too much time proccing it. We kill the nm 3 times per run. I have seen double 100 piece drops with both red proc and no proc.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-02-27 23:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Anyone figure out how white stagger works yet? I read through the entire thread there..but no one quite knows how ; ;

It is a 1% chance I believe..main job only.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-02-27 23:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »

THF/DNC and NIN/DNC would be a solid setup for a run, but if you wanted to try for the off-chance white proc, you'd want a dnc main. with thf/dnc and nin/dnc youll be going for red procs. whichever one of you can kill faster should stay on the mob, and the other can be your early proc/puller, i.e. once your mob is proc'd you finish off that and the other pulls another and tries to proc as you finish off the first~

if you wanted to try for the off-chance white proc, it would probably be best for one of you to go main dnc/00. your puller should be your /00 person so they can start procs before you get there, and possibly get a white!!

otherwise, yea maybe i wrote too much. nin/dnc and thf/dnc is a great setup, more and more TH is nice and youll kill mobs fast enough

Bahamut.Sico said: »
Hey there ppl,

i actually had this exact question earlier in this forum i think. @Fenrir_Terminus answered it correctly. any nightmare mob in the zone has a chance to drop any -1 relic armor. when i went with a group soon after they revamped dreamland zones, we stayed in the north part of the map killing efts and dhalmels. to give you an exact answer, my aa-1 dropped off an eft, if you were superstitious :p

We even tried mixing up the Nin/dnc with Mnk/Dnc, and with the Thf/dnc, saving tp and wearing full regen setup.. the Thf/dnc acts sort of like a Whm of the sorts.. and helping with procs.. the Mnk/dnc saves his tp and ws the ***out of the mobs...

I perfer the JA procs, myself, but it all boils down to preference, really!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-04-20 06:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

jw for those who do qufim often, which sets of mobs do you normally cycle thru? trying to switch up from valkurm myself i did a qufim last night and was really just running around learning where all the mobs were and such. te seem really easy here too.

i was doing gaylas south, snolls deep in tunnel (or outside if tunnel crowded), and dirimite in tunnel (or south near gaylas if crowded).

i would do tigers but para hurts my soul.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-04-20 08:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends Burkey,

I used to do qufim a fair bit until i moved to bubu but my cycle of mobs would be (on EP mobs this is)

Gaylas > Krakken (competition depends which I go to)

Snolls > Stirge (Snolls drop so fast its why I choose them first)

Tigers > Dirimites (tigers because when time changes you are literally right next to them)

Other mob to consider is the nightmare weapons I have occasionally added them to the cycle again depending on competition.