How Do YOU Solo/duo Dynamis?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do YOU solo/duo dynamis?
How do YOU solo/duo dynamis?
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-08-24 17:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, Ive decided i want to make a relic. So i made a new acct, created a whm/rdm mule, then spent the last month raising her skills, merits and gearing her for this. Since she new i can only do the base zones atm, so i decide on bastok...since byne bills play a big part of the relic (polearm). Here's where i need help. I go in and attempt it and ALL the TE's are in really bad places. How do most people handle doing this with all the adds and what not. Is there a better zone or something im missing? Nin/dnc (or war) and whm/rdm duo. The mobs ARE really squishy, but in some areas i get overwhelmed. Pls help. Thank you. :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-24 17:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastok is pretty much the worst zone do duo\dualbox for good profit.
4-5 people and you can do rather well in that zone=)
Also for dualboxing I'd recommend whm\blm, as sleepga can save your life.
As a ninja you should'nt need too many cures, so mp should'nt be a problem really
I havent messed around with starter cities too much, but personally I prefer Windy of the 3, all TEs are fairly easy to get if you have a sleepga.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-24 17:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends but I mostly go bst/dnc with my brd mule for marchs elegys etc, or war and blm for crowd control
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-08-24 17:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis beaucedine, thf/dnc drg/blu. On a good day, without 100s we can get about 140-160 coins, while camping at orcs. Works great, as soon as mob is proc'd, THF goes and pulls the next one while I poke poke poke the orc to death.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-08-24 18:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When i did it with my mule and a friend it went rather ok. Was our first time and we had NO experience with it. After a short time, he sac pulled the mobs and i killed te mob, which allowed us to get all 5 of them. Then we stood at entrance and ja/ws mobs and proc'd away. Left with decent amount. My prob is i dnt wnna rely on other people. So i need a strategy or a better place to go.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-08-24 18:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said: »
Dynamis beaucedine, thf/dnc drg/blu. On a good day, without 100s we can get about 140-160 coins, while camping at orcs. Works great, as soon as mob is proc'd, THF goes and pulls the next one while I poke poke poke the orc to death.

Then i need to get her city clears done ASAP. Thanks and cg on ur gungnir. I hope to see one soon.
 Siren.Daddyx
Server: Siren
user: Daddyx
By Siren.Daddyx 2011-08-24 18:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what your resources are, but it may be better for you to level BLM (I used WHM sub for the reraise / status cures on my main) on that alt if you're looking to dualbox a lot of your runs. NIN/DNC should be good on cures (I used SAM/DRG a lot in sandy)

You send your BLM out to snipe the statues first, sneak / invis (whichever you need for the zone) Find your TE stat and open with a sleepga (ES if there's any mobs that tend to resist sleep nearby) then nuke your statue down.. should take one good T5, if there's any hp left a T3 will take care of it. Then run your BLM to a relatively safe spot and log hate. Once you do that a few times you'll shave your time down a lot, usually took me 15-20 minutes tops to knock out all the TE stats.

Since it's pretty much a wash to farm singles without the TE procs, just leave your main parked until you get all your TE's. (Just don't do what I did and forget to reinvite your BLM each time you log them back in xD) Once you finish stats you'll have your BLM ready for sleepgas if needed, and can also speed up your fights a bit by throwing out some nukes after you lock in hate on your main. Not to mention, you'll have several chances at magic procs, and I can't count the number of times enmity douse actually proc'd a light armor mob :D

When you can, find a THF to come with you, it makes a notable difference in drops from my experience. If you want to, camp around one of the NMs for a chance @ 100's. From my time in Bastok, it seems like the best camp after TE stats is the gate to North Gustaberg. (Where MB is)

Hope this helps some, and good luck! ^.^v
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 18:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BST/DNC yuly @ JA-style mobs!
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-08-24 18:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaucedine as THF/DNC (me) and WHM/DNC (friend)

We do have frequent access to a friends account so we have a dualboxed DNC most of the time as well. Come out with over 200 singles every day, which we split. Few more weeks and I'll be done with Amano, all from doing this every single day since the Dyna update. Pity my duo partner picked Gungnir, *** attestation NM for it is a pain in the *** to low man.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-24 18:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just sack the statues with your WHM and kill them with your NIN no? Also, if you do have a WHM, you'd be much better off going THF/DNC instead. TH helps a lot on the drop rate, and seems to be the only factor in getting 100's too.

BLU/DNC + RDM may be good as well (which is what I use + a THF). You can one-shot the statues with everyone's grudge (double dark weather + anrin obi). BLU can wear the tarutaru sash with TH +1 also. Oh and dream flower is really nice for bastok since all the mobs are clustered.

Your other option would be to do xarc or beaucedine, and sell the other currency you don't need. Strangely enough, xarc seems to be the easiest out of all the zones to farm currency in.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-24 18:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, if trying to dual-box, would RDM/BLM be better to have as your healer for sleepga and RDM cures should be sufficient as well as good mp management.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 18:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
xarc seems to be the easiest out of all the zones to farm currency in.

agreed. in other zones theres just not a concentrated area of mobs of same kind. and collecting all 5 TE in xarc can be done pretty effortlessly, where as jeuno, beau, sandy, can get some pretty harsh links.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-24 18:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Out of curiosity, if trying to dual-box, would RDM/BLM be better to have as your healer for sleepga and RDM cures should be sufficient as well as good mp management.

I guess it just depends where you go. Albeit most of my farming has been in Xarc or Jeuno, in xarc a sleepga might be unnecessary on most occasions, in Jeuno I wouldn't even go without a sleepga.
 Bismarck.Mikeyc
user: mikeyc
By Bismarck.Mikeyc 2011-08-25 01:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaucedine solo THF/DNC. If I get links or I get mage jobs in the way of the MNK/THF/RNG ones then I use Hide - which is godly in Dynamis.

I expect you will get many more coins if you have someone/have a DB to take with you, as I only make ~25 coins per run with all TEs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Confusedtaru
By Bismarck.Confusedtaru 2011-09-23 15:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Osaia thf/dnc and I would say whm/rdm are the way to go for dualboxing.
I dualbox and come out with about an average of 90 coins a run in Dyna Jueno. As far as coin value I would say I bring in about 750k average but my best was 2.4mil with a M. piece and 100 byne piece. If only every day was that good huh, lol. And that was actually a short farm session due to too many deaths pulling TE stats at wrong times. With the recent update and Holy II im sure it will go alot faster too.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-09-23 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. All my whm skills are almost capped except dark magic...which wont lvl up at all since I guess whm have no dark skill there, so no sleeping the smn mobs.... I usually do windurst, but have found tht sandy has some very easy te stats to reach. In windy the whm does a suicide run by diaga'n the mobs near te and hauling *** then dying safely while osa kills te. Rinse, repeat. Think im gnna change to sandy permanently...but if jeuno is easier I wanna try that one. Xarcabard is the best place ever. All te are alone....but whm doesnt have access yet. /cry

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Confusedtaru
By Bismarck.Confusedtaru 2011-09-23 22:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the things about Jueno is that long as your quick about it and sleep any bst/smn pet with your mule you can HIDE the adds so I would recommend if going thf/dnc to cap HIDE timer merits. Only mob you would have a hard time reposing would be Carby obviously cus its light based, and if your enfeeb is high enough then you can even start off with a sleep 1 on slimes work on proc and follow up with repose to buy you some more time.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-09-23 22:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot. So, I can use repose to sleep the summoner pet, then zerg the summoner down. Thank u thank u. Gnna try it when I get home.
 Bismarck.Confusedtaru
By Bismarck.Confusedtaru 2011-09-24 01:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its all up to you but me personally i avoid magic proc mobs (whm, blm, rdm, smn, brd) pretty much because magic proc % is so shitty. I prefer job abil proc mobs (any mob that can not use a 2h weapon) and weapon skill proc mobs (any mob that Can use 2h weapon: Pld, Sam, Drk, Drg, War) because the proc % is so much easier to do, obviously job abil > ws proc but yeah all up to you.