DRG SC Help
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-24 14:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a problem with this, it says theres an error reading the end tag on line 65 (the very last one) and It -looks- fine. >.< Redoing my XML's since I had to wipe my PC and reformat it recently.

http://pastebin.com/aBcFNVXQ
 Bismarck.Satabi
user: Satabi
By Bismarck.Satabi 2011-07-24 14:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no </sets> to close your <sets>

Edit: No </group> either
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-24 14:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Works now. Amazing how a very simple oversight screws it all to hell lol.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-24 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

WS set isnt being put on now >< Grr.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-24 18:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't have any kinda rule for idle gear so dusk gear would stay on after disengaging. And the engaged rule would only swap when you do something while engaged. Should be When="Engaged|Aftercast" so TP gear will equip when you draw your weapon.

Added a very basic jump rule. Please make custom jumps sets. Currently uses WS set for jumps.

Also, please don't WS in heed ring. Or fowling earring for that matter. ; ;

Here's the corrected version.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-24 18:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said:
You didn't have any kinda rule for idle gear so dusk gear would stay on after disengaging. And the engaged rule would only swap when you do something while engaged. Should be When="Engaged|Aftercast" so TP gear will equip when you draw your weapon. Added a very basic jump rule. Please make custom jumps sets. Currently uses WS set for jumps. Also, please don't WS in heed ring. Or fowling earring for that matter. ; ; Here's the corrected version.

Yeah I fixed my sets, I threw it together off the top of my head since I had to reformat my PC.

Will test this soon, thanks for taking the time to fix it ^^
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-24 18:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Your welcome.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-24 18:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What sucks is I have to redo all my XML's since I didnt have a chance to back them up before my PC went *clunk*.

2/9 fixed so far ><
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 08:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to say screw it and just have 1 set for DRG and be gimp. It looks correct yet will not work. My old xml's would swap out fine before the WS went off :/

http://pastebin.com/mPYb78f2

It's not putting my WS set on at all. I've doubled checked this by watching my equip screen during the WS.

._.;
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 11:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted in Windower forum and even with their help it still wont work.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/19910-drg-spellcast-support/

I give up.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-25 11:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

try this.. curious if jumps swap to ws gear with yours?
Code
<rules>
<action type="equip" when="idle|resting|aftercast" set="standard"/>
<action type="equip" when="engaged" set="EngagedSet"/>

<if type="WeaponSkill">
<!--Find out if we even have tp, otherwise don't try and switch equipment-->
<if NotTPLT="100">
<if spell="Drakesbane|Skewer|Penta Thrust|Wheeling Thrust">
<action type="castdelay" delay=".2" />
<action type="Equip" when="precast" set="WS" />
</if>
</if>
</if>

<if spell = "*Jump">
<action type = "equip" When = "Precast" Set = "WS"/>
<action type = "aftercastdelay" delay = "2"/>
</if>

</rules>
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 11:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
try this.. curious if jumps swap to ws gear with yours?
Code
<rules> <action type="equip" when="idle|resting|aftercast" set="standard"/> <action type="equip" when="engaged" set="EngagedSet"/> <if type="WeaponSkill"> <!--Find out if we even have tp, otherwise don't try and switch equipment--> <if NotTPLT="100"> <if spell="Drakesbane|Skewer|Penta Thrust|Wheeling Thrust"> <action type="castdelay" delay=".2" /> <action type="Equip" when="precast" set="WS" /> </if> </if> </if> <if spell = "*Jump"> <action type = "equip" When = "Precast" Set = "WS"/> <action type = "aftercastdelay" delay = "2"/> </if> </rules>

Nothing has ever worked with any "fix" I've gotten tha past 2 days EXCEPT going from idle -> engaged -> idle.

Yours didnt work either. :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-25 12:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't 'watch the equip screen' to see if your gear is changing. Opening any menus locks your gear and will not let it change.

If you want to see what SC is trying to equip then in the very first part of your XML look at show gear swaps. It probably says false right now, put true in there and save and reload. Then you should see what gear the XML is trying to equip.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
You can't 'watch the equip screen' to see if your gear is changing. Opening any menus locks your gear and will not let it change. If you want to see what SC is trying to equip then in the very first part of your XML look at show gear swaps. It probably says false right now, put true in there and save and reload. Then you should see what gear the XML is trying to equip.

Been manually switching that to true each time I apply a new code.
Still doesnt work.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-25 12:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
You can't 'watch the equip screen' to see if your gear is changing. Opening any menus locks your gear and will not let it change. If you want to see what SC is trying to equip then in the very first part of your XML look at show gear swaps. It probably says false right now, put true in there and save and reload. Then you should see what gear the XML is trying to equip.

Been manually switching that to true each time I apply a new code.
Still doesnt work.

Martel went out and tested the code he redid for you, it is known working.

The only thing I can think of is there is something on your side causing the issue.

I'm not at home atm so I can't take a look at your latest version but I can give a few ideas of what may be happening. First would be it is loading the wrong XML. Either it was placed in the wrong spot or is named differently. Second, you may need to update your spellcast. Other than that we can insert a few /echo commands to test each action and see if the xml is parsing correctly.

I can help more when I get home.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Been manually switching that to true each time I apply a new code. Still doesnt work.
Martel went out and tested the code he redid for you, it is known working. The only thing I can think of is there is something on your side causing the issue. I'm not at home atm so I can't take a look at your latest version but I can give a few ideas of what may be happening. First would be it is loading the wrong XML. Either it was placed in the wrong spot or is named differently. Second, you may need to update your spellcast. Other than that we can insert a few /echo commands to test each action and see if the xml is parsing correctly. I can help more when I get home.

SpellCast version is 2.45. The latest.
My XML is in my spellcast folder. All parts of the file work EXCEPT the WS part. So going from Idle -> Engaged -> Idle works. WSing doesnt.

It is also named Faelar_DRG.xml as it should be.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 14:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to current XML: http://pastebin.com/0kgyfiQG
Link to Windower Support Thread: http://forums.windower.net/topic/19910-drg-spellcast-support/

After going through numerous adjustments by numerous people (on FFXIAH, Guildwork, and Windower Support Forum), I've decided to just say "*** it".

I give up. For real. Spent 3 entire days trying to fix this, 10+ people have tried it with several different fixes of their own and claimed they worked. They just won't for me.
================
*I've reinstalled windower, all my plugins, and FFXI.
*I've restarted FFXI and Windower with each "fix".
*I've tested each fix extensively.
*My SpellCast is version 2.45.
*My Windower was downloaded from Windower.net.
================
I've even tried my friend's XML (which works for her, she has the exact same settings on Windower and SpellCast that I do), which was a copy of my XML before I had to reformat my PC. AND IT WON'T WORK.

What else is there to do?

Answer:
I'm retiring DRG, its not geared very well anyway.
I'm just tired of fighting with this. Sorry.

Thanks to everyone who helped and I appreciate you taking the time to help. At least there are some decent people out there.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-25 15:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you wanna give up, that's your decision. And I'm sorry this has been giving you such hell.

But if you ever feel like trying again, a few thoughts.

What's in your ws macro?

I saw in the windower support thread that when you ws, there was no pre/mid/after cast message when you ws'd. Which is really weird. Even if your rules were wrong somehow, you should still get those messages, just with no gear in them.

The only times you wouldn't, that I can think of, would be;

1:When using the /raw command to make spellcast not react to a action.
or 2: when an action is not recognized by spellcast because it's not in the resources. Thus spellcast doesn't realize you did anything at all.

But you usually only get #2 on new spells/JAs that haven't been added yet. I'm not sure how that'd happen on something as old as drakes.

Do you get precast messages on any actions at all? Jumps, call wyvern, spells, etc?

Do you have any WS related custom aliases?

You mentioned having other XMLs for other jobs. Have any of those worked for you? If it's a mage XML, have you tired WS'ing with it? If so, did you get a precast message with show gear swaps on? Do other actions trigger a precast?

That's all I can think of atm. Considering the amount of scrutiny the XML has received, I can't see it being an XML issue. But having reinstalled windower, and spellcast, I'm not certain how it could be a resource issue like it seems to be. Unless you had 2 different windower folders or something and were playing on the one that didn't get updated. o.o;
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 15:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WS macros:

/ws "Drakesbane" <t>
/ws "Wheeling Thrust" <t>
/ws "Penta Thrust" <t>
/ws "Skewer" <t>

Usually the only one I do is Drakesbane but I added the other 3 in the rule in case I ever use them again.

No precast stuff on other abilities.

My mage XMLs work just fine, even with Precast/MidCast/AfterCast rules everywhere.

Don't have any melee rules established for my Mages XML's since I can't get my DRG to work. If I ever get it fixed I may add them since I will be meleeing to break my Nyzul weapons.

Someone suggested on the Windower thread about posting the debug file. I'm about to test a fix someone else sent me with Debug="True", post the file, and see what they say.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-25 16:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, ws macros look fine.

I realize you said working everywhere, but did you try using any job abilities on the mage XML and confirm a precast message?

Still feels like a resources issue. But I just don't see how it could happen on a fresh install..

If JA's parse on the mage XML, and show a precast msg, then I'm wrong, and stumped.

Could try typing //updateresources to update those files. If text pops up in the console saying it updated abils.xml then it might fix it.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently updated those for Recast (had a hell of a time updating that too).

My mage job abilities work fine, I get no messages aside from the "Faelar uses blah blah."

Reposted on the windower threads, copy/pasting here:
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-25 17:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Recast uses a different resource file than spellcast does. The recast resources have to be manually updated, whereas the ones used by spellcast can auto-update, and be updated using the //updateresources cmd.

Recast uses the Resources.xml located at Windower\plugins\Resources.xml.

Spellcast uses the various .xml files at Windower\plugins\resources. I'm particularly concerned with the Abils.xml. Since the only reason I can think of for it not parsing JA and WS would be a resource issue.

For the mage XML, did you turn on ShowGearSwaps in that XML? you wouldn't see the precast message if it was off.

Did you set Debug="True" in the config for the xml? If you didn't I imagine the file would be blank.

I ran debug using the XML I adjusted for you. Engaged, ws'd, jumped, and disengaged. No errors, gear swapped on all actions. precast, aftercast, and engage/idle all showed in the log with showgearswaps on.

Simply, its not the XML. At least not the one I gave you. I dunno about all the other versions ppl have posted.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 17:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said:
Recast uses a different resource file than spellcast does. The recast resources have to be manually updated, whereas the ones used by spellcast can auto-update, and be updated using the //updateresources cmd. Recast uses the Resources.xml located at Windower\plugins\Resources.xml. Spellcast uses the various .xml files at Windower\plugins\resources. I'm particularly concerned with the Abils.xml. Since the only reason I can think of for it not parsing JA and WS would be a resource issue. For the mage XML, did you turn on ShowGearSwaps in that XML? you wouldn't see the precast message if it was off. Did you set Debug="True" in the config for the xml? If you didn't I imagine the file would be blank. I ran debug using the XML I adjusted for you. Engaged, ws'd, jumped, and disengaged. No errors, gear swapped on all actions. precast, aftercast, and engage/idle all showed in the log with showgearswaps on. Simply, its not the XML. At least not the one I gave you. I dunno about all the other versions ppl have posted.

I've never manually updated anything, so that may be the problem. Mind sending me an updated SpellCast resources?

I had Debug="True" on that DRG XML as I tested it.

Mage XML: GearSwap was False. Yet, it works as intended.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-25 17:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That error you're getting on disengage is cause by the elseif on line 51 and 53. It should just be an else, as there's no criteria for it. If you're not engaged do this. therefore else.

elseif would be for, if you're not engaged, And some other requirement that needs to be met.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 17:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said:
That error you're getting on disengage is cause by the elseif on line 51 and 53. It should just be an else, as there's no criteria for it. If you're not engaged do this. therefore else. elseif would be for, if you're not engaged, And some other requirement that needs to be met.

Fixed, thanks. That solves one error.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 17:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my Debug:
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-25 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there actually gear swapping for the JA's in the mage XML? I just need to know if spellcast is parsing the use of JA's correctly. And a showgearswaps precast, or actual gear changing would tell me that.

I know there's alot of mage JS's that don't have, or need gear swaps, as nothing enhances them. And since I don't even know what mage job its for, "working as intended" doesn't really tell me what I need to know.

As for the files, just type in //updateresources in game and this should update the spellcast related resources. when a major update to a resources xml is made, the file name shows in green in the console. So if you try this and get a green Abils.xml in the console, then maybe it worked.

Now, if you start having issues with recast not showing the JA/spell name and such, then you'd need to manually update(download new file and replace) the Resources.xml located at Windower\plugins.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 17:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I dont gearswap for mage JA's.

//updateresources says everything is updated.

>Resources: Checking for updates
>Resources: Successfully Updated

When I did my Recast resources the other day it DID show all those files in green and updated them.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-25 17:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In that debug, did you try WS'ing before you opened the debug file to post it here? Cause as far as I can tell, although I'm no expert at debug logs, all that happened here was the XML being loaded.

I think to see what's wrong with your WS, I'd need the debug data of you trying to WS.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 17:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said:
In that debug, did you try WS'ing before you opened the debug file to post it here? Cause as far as I can tell, although I'm no expert at debug logs, all that happened here was the XML being loaded. I think to see what's wrong with your WS, I'd need the debug data of you trying to WS.

If it'll update while I'm logged into the game, I'll go and try it out.

EDIT: Debug.

This is what happened, as per my chat log.

Built TP, then WS'd on a mob.
First Page 2 3