Dynamis Calendar
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 21:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought about posting this in the general forum.... But it seems the people on Fairy need to be reminded of this yet again more than the community as a whole.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar

There is really no reason not to use this. It is VERY easy to use and you can even customize it to your Time Zone to eliminate the Standard/Daylight confusion or converting from one LS's time to another.

The way it is setup ensures that you can't schedule over someone else and you don't need anyone else to update a post for you.

There are already over 20 LS's that use the calendar on Fairy and a few that refuse to use it. No bitching about someone 'stealing' a zone, ok? You've all been told many times that this site is there to use. And really, a zone isn't yours until you've entered the zone. Posting a schedule on a calendar is only done as a courtesy to other shells. If you don't want to join the large number of shells that use this calendar, that is your own choice. But, you only have yourself to blame if you can't enter a zone.

Once again, that's FFXI Dynamis Calendar.

I repeat, the link to the Dynamis Calendar, FFXI-Dynamis.de is here: FFXI Dynamis Calendar.
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-09 21:50:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

its a nice tool but since the price drop for dyna....new LS's JP/ENG have been taking other people time. This is a problem SE should fix...
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 23:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why they can't make it instanced is beyond me, and why they can't make an in-game schedule of sorts is REALLY beyond me. I've heard the arguments against schedules concerning the BS with weddings, but they seriously need to do something, obviously honor system ain't working...

I mean, I don't even DO Dynamis, but getting 18+ people together to watch your ***get jacked would drive me up a *** wall, so I totally understand the frustration.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-04-09 23:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

omg yes all dyna ls's on odin need to start using this pls pls pls
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-10 00:06:17

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Why they can't make it instanced is beyond me, and why they can't make an in-game schedule of sorts is REALLY beyond me. I've heard the arguments against schedules concerning the BS with weddings, but they seriously need to do something, obviously honor system ain't working...

I mean, I don't even DO Dynamis, but getting 18+ people together to watch your ***get jacked would drive me up a *** wall, so I totally understand the frustration.

I know right....picture having to wait for nyzle >.<

but then again dyna schedual is dead im very sorry.... new ls can now afford to do dyna....and guess what if all the good time slots are taken they rather just go in and ninjer it.

I dont support this behavior and it did happen to my ls once... instead of trying to QQ over it /tell damn SE to fix it o.o
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-10 01:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't care if someone goes in first, you just move to another zone. It's not worth getting all pissed over. I do think it's kind of funny though that people get soooo irate when they want to enter a zone and can't, especially when there are many other zones free.

But, it would be a lot easier if everyone used the calendar, then no one would be able to complain that their zone was 'stolen'. However, some people are very ignorant and refuse to be courteous and use the calendar.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-10 02:29:17

Tbest said:
I honestly don't care if someone goes in first, you just move to another zone. It's not worth getting all pissed over. I do think it's kind of funny though that people get soooo irate when they want to enter a zone and can't, especially when there are many other zones free.

But, it would be a lot easier if everyone used the calendar, then no one would be able to complain that their zone was 'stolen'. However, some people are very ignorant and refuse to be courteous and use the calendar.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar

Dreamlands are virtually always free and a there's a lot of opportunity there. Unfortunately, there's a vast majority of amateur dyna shells with leaders who need "Three Paths" that invite nablets who need the Promyvion-Holla.

I left Synergy on Odin because of this nonsense. The JP group even offered to /random for the slot. our group told them "No Thanks. JP Leave." I left the group, and did Dynamis-Beauc. with the JP group and Synergy had to go find another zone. The JP are just quicker at gathering than NA groups. *shrugs* People cry too much about it and aren't aware of the culture difference.

If JP go to do a zone that's taken, they just go to another zone. It's that simple. If two groups show at the same time, they'll even consider merges if they are both lowman groups, or /randoming for the run. It's much more civil. I can understand why they don't even bother trying to negotiate with NA players.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-10 03:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost all Dyna LSs on Carby swear by DynamisCalendar.com now. Its really great to see people using something that they know will benefit everyone in the end. If you want a zone, schedule it ahead of time. Its that simple.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-10 04:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh... I'd much rather use FFXI-Dynamis.de over a forum based calendar tbh.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-10 06:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If a zone's taken, we move zones. On Saturdays we quite often have to move because a Japanese group is playing in the northlands. No problem, we go own Buburimu or something.

It's really not a hard logic to understand... Why do people get so worked up over it? It's not like screaming at another shell's leader in tells for twenty minutes is going to make you magically materialise in that zone.

I find the fact people feel the need to revolve around other groups so much a little pathetic. Maybe it's because I haven't really had to contend with zones much in my shell, but the whole concept of needing a third party site to mediate your Dynamis zones...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 07:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if Migard would use something like this, but quite often during NA prime there are more shells gathering than there are zones. Every single night of the week, every single zone including COP (-Tav sometimes) is taken. Zone jacking has much higher potential since, If your zone gets taken = your not doing dynamis that night.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-10 12:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I hear ya. I've been trying to get everyone on Fairy to use it as well. A ton of people do, but a few refuse to. @.@ Oh well. Like Wooooodum said it's not like it really matters in the end. If a zone's taken ya move on, simple as that.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah, I hear ya. I've been trying to get everyone on Fairy to use it as well. A ton of people do, but a few refuse to. @.@ Oh well. Like Wooooodum said it's not like it really matters in the end. If a zone's taken ya move on, simple as that.

It's but its a different story when you can't move one, b/c every single zone is already full.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-10 12:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. :/ Then it becomes a waiting game and trying to see who will exit their area first I guess. >.<
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 12:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah. :/ Then it becomes a waiting game and trying to see who will exit their area first I guess. >.<

Sadly it becomes, dynamis is canceled.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-10 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Meh... I'd much rather use FFXI-Dynamis.de over a forum based calendar tbh.

Its a much simpler process than most people think. Its extremely easy to use and post, and thats why over 1800 Dynas have been scheduled on Carby using the Calendar since last Spring. Its not so much that its a better or more efficient site than some of them out there, but that its easy to post something and everyone agrees to use it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-10 12:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ok here's a solution that SE will come up with to *** you all on dynamis!

SE:

We will implement a new dynamis scheduling system, similar to signing up for diorama-de-ghelsba.

Hourglass holder (person who purchased) will have to trade the npc the glass and schedule a day available. Be aware that once purchased in time slot, you will have 30 minutes to enter or the reservation slot is open to other hourglass holders. The cost to reserve the spot is 250k gil to reserve, no refunds if you do not enter the dynamis zone or drop glass.

When your time is up or when last person exits, another time slot will open for another glass holder. However, it is possible to reserve the next slot ahead of time while the dynamis zone is occupied. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now imagine SE decided to give a system like that. they reduced the glass already to 500k, then ppl *** cause they want a scheduling or some ls taking our zone we want blah blah blah and now se will charge you 250k to reserve. So from 1 mil to 500k will now be 750k!!!

That's why you find out what linkshells do dynamis at same times as you, talk and work with the leader and find out ahead of time what zone you all will do and work around it.
 Seraph.Octaviusc
Server: Seraph
user: Octaviusc
By Seraph.Octaviusc 2009-04-10 12:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
It's really not a hard logic to understand... Why do people get so worked up over it? It's not like screaming at another shell's leader in tells for twenty minutes is going to make you magically materialise in that zone.

I find the fact people feel the need to revolve around other groups so much a little pathetic. Maybe it's because I haven't really had to contend with zones much in my shell, but the whole concept of needing a third party site to mediate your Dynamis zones...

You just don't get it do you...the OP is posting because people fail to recognize the principal of the calendar in the first place. Why is it pathetic that regular groups that have been doing dynamis for years have a set plan, but yet when some upstart group steals the zone you have scheduled for certain reasons it's ok so you bite your tongue and accept it? I don't agree with your logic at all Mr. Sarcasm.
[+]
 Asura.Bodhisattvah
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bodhisattvah 2009-04-10 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no dynamis leader, nor do I really pay attention to other shells or any of that. I just want to show up, go to dynamis, get through the run without killing myself, and maybe, just maybe make it out with some materials or AF2 if the gods are tilted in my favor that night. It's just only slightly frustrating when the schedule on our forum has said Xarc for two months, the linkshell message says Xarc when I log in, but when I show up in Xarc ready to finish off my drk relic there's three different linkshells there.

Moving to another zone didn't bother us. Okay, well, it bothered me, because they settled on Buburimu and I don't have dreamland yet, but that's beside the point. It was just the way the other shell handled it. There was no apology, no tact, no negotiation, just "well we got here first" and a bunch of bewildered members of my shell because we haven't really encountered anything like that before. I'm curious to see how they fared with 12 people in Xarcabard.

I guess I can't entirely blame them, because according to them we weren't on the schedule. SE really needs to implement something ingame to organize that, or allow different instances of the same dynamis zone to happen at once because even if there's nothing we can do about it, it's still frustrating when it happens.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-10 13:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Octaviusc said:
You just don't get it do you...the OP is posting because people fail to recognize the principal of the calendar in the first place. Why is it pathetic that regular groups that have been doing dynamis for years have a set plan, but yet when some upstart group steals the zone you have scheduled for certain reasons it's ok so you bite your tongue and accept it? I don't agree with your logic at all Mr. Sarcasm.

I mean it's pathetic to react in that way when there's nothing you can do about it. Instead of wasting time arguing with that shell, like the majority do based on people's threads they make here, why not just move to another zone and be done with it?

It's the aspect that people feel the need to use a set schedule I find pathetic, that you should need that. If a zone's taken, go somewhere else. Why fuss about set schedules when you could just go to another zone. That is the trivial aspect that I find pathetic.

Like I said before, we haven't really had to contend with zones in our shell. Whenever one happens to be taken, though, we move zones and that's the end of it. I just can not understand the childishness of fighting with other shells because they're in "your" zone. It's not your zone and just because six shells have agreed to use a determined schedule, the seventh shell hasn't.

Call them whatever you will when they take "your" zone, it's pathetic to harrass them because they took "your" zone. Use the energy spent on being worked up and go kick some *** in another zone!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 13:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bodhisattvah said:
I'm no dynamis leader, nor do I really pay attention to other shells or any of that. I just want to show up, go to dynamis, get through the run without killing myself, and maybe, just maybe make it out with some materials or AF2 if the gods are tilted in my favor that night. It's just only slightly frustrating when the schedule on our forum has said Xarc for two months, the linkshell message says Xarc when I log in, but when I show up in Xarc ready to finish off my drk relic there's three different linkshells there.

Moving to another zone didn't bother us. Okay, well, it bothered me, because they settled on Buburimu and I don't have dreamland yet, but that's beside the point. It was just the way the other shell handled it. There was no apology, no tact, no negotiation, just "well we got here first" and a bunch of bewildered members of my shell because we haven't really encountered anything like that before. I'm curious to see how they fared with 12 people in Xarcabard.

I guess I can't entirely blame them, because according to them we weren't on the schedule. SE really needs to implement something ingame to organize that, or allow different instances of the same dynamis zone to happen at once because even if there's nothing we can do about it, it's still frustrating when it happens.

Xarc is easily done with 12 people. And SE just said in a recent interview that Elmer posted that they have no plans to do anything about dynamis, and that trying to instance it would take possibly years (lolSE) to put in.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-10 13:51:10

Frobeus said:
Bodhisattvah said:

Xarc is easily done with 12 people. And SE just said in a recent interview that Elmer posted that they have no plans to do anything about dynamis, and that trying to instance it would take possibly years (lolSE) to put in.

I call bs. Just keep bothering them.

Edit: If you can make nyzle a instance you can make anything a instance...(years = them procrastinating)
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-10 15:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While making the Dynamis battles instances would fix it... They're not and most likely won't ever be... Which is why it'd be nice to have everyone using the same, easy to use site to schedule Dynas. The thing that I dislike about forums is you have to either convert everyone else's time to yours or make sure that the person posting it does. And then make sure and have the 3-4 hours between the other runs scheduled on that day for that zone... The Dynamis Calendar does that all for you.

And yeah, as Wooooodum has said.. It's not against any rule to enter a zone. And no, people shouldn't get all pissy just because the zone they wanted to enter is taken. The only reason to post your schedule on a site is out of common courtesy. And if it just so happens that you and several others all post on the site and someone that doesn't comes along and takes it... Not really within your control tbh. And not wrong to go to a different zone because the one you had scheduled was taken. As long as you're not 'stealing' zones from other people that are likewise courteous and have that zone scheduled.

Once again, that's FFXI Dynamis Calendar http://FFXI-Dynamis.de
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-04-10 16:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

really it comes down to how pissed off your ls is gonna be when the dyna run you have set is taken by another ls. then when the other ls tells you we have date scheduled on dyna calender. i have had to trade glass early on a few xarc runs because another ls tryed to gather on top of us. best part is other ls gets all pissed off and tells us stupid ***like its our egotism that makes us do it >.<
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-10 21:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe. I suppose. My LS wasn't really pissed when someone went into Windy while we were waiting for start time. (Even though quite a few need it for icelands. lol) Just went and did Sandy instead. =)

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Remora.Anexia
Server: Remora
user: Anexia
By Remora.Anexia 2009-04-10 22:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It always amuses me when people pick zones ahead of time--that's so NOT how things work for my linkshell. We've got 10 groups who enter within a few hours of one another, which always causes issues ;; It's more of a put on dyna linkshell, wait until ~10 min before start time, and see what zones are free.

Using a Dynamis calendar to allow groups to know what they're doing more than 10-20 min before starting would be really nice, but there is no way everyone could be forced to use it :/

As for just swapping zones when the one you planned on is taken, when EVERYTHING is taken, that's an issue :/ If nothing else, a calendar would let people wanting to start a dyna group know which nights are emptier/have room for more linkshells.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-11 02:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm not really trying to 'force' anyone to use the calendar. I just don't really think anyone has the right to complain when another person is in the zone they wanted to do. Especially when they've been in the zone before you even start gathering. lol It 'is' kind of a pain seeing someone come up with 5 people and quickly enter a zone before your LS when you're waitin for the 'set' start time. lol But it sure isn't something to get pissy about imo.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Fairy.Arkaneblaze
By Fairy.Arkaneblaze 2009-04-13 19:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you can post all of that nonsense but you (Tbest) are the king of taking other zones and not sticking to the schedule. You think that it is ok to gather whenever you feel like and enter almost 2 hours past your time. Then you decide to play chicken and put yourself on away status so that nobody can send you a tell asking you what your problem is. Your shell is the most disrespectful on fairy server and will soon be gone seeing as most of your members do not approve of your actions and are leaving. So you can post what you like, it still does not change the fact that you want to whine and play chicken where others are concerned. How about take your own advice and enter at your scheduled time, and in the zone that you signed up for. NOT enter when you feel like and in whatever zone you feel like!
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-13 19:32:42

Arkaneblaze said:
Yeah you can post all of that nonsense but you (Tbest) are the king of taking other zones and not sticking to the schedule. You think that it is ok to gather whenever you feel like and enter almost 2 hours past your time. Then you decide to play chicken and put yourself on away status so that nobody can send you a tell asking you what your problem is. Your shell is the most disrespectful on fairy server and will soon be gone seeing as most of your members do not approve of your actions and are leaving. So you can post what you like, it still does not change the fact that you want to whine and play chicken where others are concerned. How about take your own advice and enter at your scheduled time, and in the zone that you signed up for. NOT enter when you feel like and in whatever zone you feel like!

omg this made me lol soo bad ><
shame on you Tbest if thats true
First Page 2 3