Why Is Turul So F*cking Hard To Find!!!!!?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Why is Turul so f*cking hard to find!!!!!?
Why is Turul so f*cking hard to find!!!!!?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-17 00:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fool%27s_Tonic
Says temporary nullifies, doesn't say reduces damage. I did have hundred fists active when I popped it, so that's the only thing I can think of that would make me still take damage if it does indeed nullify. Soon as I saw him casting, i popped the tonic and died to a lot of spike's damage.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-17 00:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

this is interesting, I never actually knew that. Good to know.
So is Gambir the top or powder?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-17 01:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if it does function like that, it explains why spikes still killed me then.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-17 01:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

*** SE and their in-game descriptions.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-17 01:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why I can't PM anyone, view any comments, item sets, atmas, etc. ?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-17 01:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Anyone know why I can't PM anyone, view any comments, item sets, atmas, etc. ?
Try cache or brower settings, everything works fine here on vista or xp
***randomly stopped on me.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-17 01:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

good info. I had no idea. I do recall a friend dying to something that was physically attacking him a few months ago and complaining that he had fanatics up but still died. I thought he just used the wrong med or it wore.

on topic:
Turul will usually spawn about 100-150 yalms west of flux 4 on the ground. If you plant your character there you will be agroed by it more often than not during a game day.

When you zone into highlands, check flux 4-5-8 in that order. Flux 5 is usually where hardcore campers take it, flux 4 is where it usually likes to dwell not too long after it spawns, and flux 8 is where the eccentric eve and dark ring farmers usually get agroed by it and either try to kill or flux it (8).
Bounce back and fourth between 4-8 if you've confirmed its not at 5. Try to cover as much area as possible and look for the wind animation carefully.
Also set max draw distance just because.

If all that fails and you dont see it, there is a chance it is waaaay up east between the Eyes and Bakka's/imps camp.

If you still dont find it, head to west of flux 4 because its probably dead and will respawn soon.

EDIT: I actually love turul. 1 mil per kill usually, and now with the +2 items more people are lining up to buy a kill, and it really is an easy NM to predict.

Now Gangly *** Gean, she' sn evil C-word.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-17 01:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fool's Tonic always gave me Magic Defense bonus or something like that; Instead of Nullifying the damage, it only gave me a slight boost to mdef like rampart. :<
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-06-17 01:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI, if you want a 100% easy surefire solo you can always kite him and cannonball him to death on BLU. Doesn't take as long as you would think if you have decent gear. Only about 15m @85. Could probably do it in 10m @90. Best place to kite is around the huge rock near the wivres.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-06-17 02:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Turul is only hard to find when you actually want to find him. So, what to do is go into spawn area and pretend you're not looking for him, that way he will find you and aggro you for the lulz.
By Halfpint 2011-06-17 10:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said:
good info. I had no idea. I do recall a friend dying to something that was physically attacking him a few months ago and complaining that he had fanatics up but still died. I thought he just used the wrong med or it wore. on topic: Turul will usually spawn about 100-150 yalms west of flux 4 on the ground. If you plant your character there you will be agroed by it more often than not during a game day. When you zone into highlands, check flux 4-5-8 in that order. Flux 5 is usually where hardcore campers take it, flux 4 is where it usually likes to dwell not too long after it spawns, and flux 8 is where the eccentric eve and dark ring farmers usually get agroed by it and either try to kill or flux it (8). Bounce back and fourth between 4-8 if you've confirmed its not at 5. Try to cover as much area as possible and look for the wind animation carefully. Also set max draw distance just because. If all that fails and you dont see it, there is a chance it is waaaay up east between the Eyes and Bakka's/imps camp. If you still dont find it, head to west of flux 4 because its probably dead and will respawn soon. EDIT: I actually love turul. 1 mil per kill usually, and now with the +2 items more people are lining up to buy a kill, and it really is an easy NM to predict. Now Gangly *** Gean, she' sn evil C-word.

<copy/paste > good info....going into my NM journal..