Forum » FFXI » NMs » Setup/Strategy Suggestions for Lowman Abyssea T3
Setup/Strategy Suggestions for Lowman Abyssea T3
 Shiva.Baleigh
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Baleigh
By Shiva.Baleigh 2011-05-06 11:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so 43/50 iron plates and about to start down the dreaded path of colorless souls for Ochain. Most of the time, my play group is 4 people. Our jobs are me (MNK, PLD, WAR), p2 (WHM, BLM, RNG, THF, NIN), p3 (WHM, BLM, DNC), p4 (THF, WAR, NIN).

My question is, without brewing, is this enough to consistently win on any of the T3's? If so,which is the best option to pursue? And off topic, but does anyone know where T2 Shiva starts her spawn? I know where Titan and Garuda start their pop but not Shiva.

Many thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Levi in Ulg. range; MNK(Assuming your MNK is well-geared, etc), WHM, THF is enough to kill it Have the THF outside of Tidal Wave range (iirc it's like...5'5 range? lol)@1% incase you get unlucky and it kills the MNK; and it's pretty simple/easy.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-05-06 11:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS did the T3 VNM in ul range and we went WHM, SCH, WAR, NIN and BLU. Had the SCH out of range keeping DoTs on and the BLU dealing with any adds while the rest fought normally keeping up shellra V and barwatera.

Ukon WAR and kannagi NIN had no problems tanking and died pretty fast after getting blue and red !!. WE all died at the 1% mark where the SCH stepped in and finished it off probably more effective strats but thats how we tackled it last night.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-05-06 11:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

can easy duo T2 and T3 in uleg with nin+whm so i guess mnk+whm works the same. Add some THF for TH and you'll be fine. A Dia normally kills Levi after 2hr since he does it when he has like 1HP left (and no, you cant stop it from doing it... it WILL 2hr at 1%)
For Diablo in Grauberg.. he is also easy, but 2 whm there makes it safer incase one is why-ever in nightmare range.
The Ifrit is also duo by nin+whm but is a bit harder then levi cause he can do multiple 2hr's (not that strong then levi though)
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-05-06 11:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said:
can easy duo T2 and T3 in uleg with nin+whm so i guess mnk+whm works the same. Add some THF for TH and you'll be fine. A Dia normally kills Levi after 2hr since he does it when he has like 1HP left (and no, you cant stop it from doing it... it WILL 2hr at 1%)
For Diablo in Grauberg.. he is also easy, but 2 whm there makes it safer incase one is why-ever in nightmare range.
The Ifrit is also duo by nin+whm but is a bit harder then levi cause he can do multiple 2hr's (not that strong then levi though)

The only problem I see with a duo is the ul range T3 is in a heavy magic aggro area. Always wise to stick someone on crowd control incase a element or robot aggros :S
 Shiva.Baleigh
By Shiva.Baleigh 2011-05-06 11:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions!
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-05-06 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You MNK, P2 WHM, P3 BLM and P4 THF or NIN should have no problems if you pull it somewhere safe and prepare for the 2hr
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 11:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We generally pulled Levi between gears/orbs; lots of room somewhere in the middle of them. Since you're after souls, I'd highly recommend bringing a THF>_> Even with TH7 procs on Brulo/Diabolos we rarely saw 2 drop, got two off Levi about a lot more though.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-05-06 11:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said:

The only problem I see with a duo is the ul range T3 is in a heavy magic aggro area. Always wise to stick someone on crowd control incase a element or robot aggros :S

can just pull to a safe position :) between gears and balls is a good area and on the way to robots (or to waterfall if its deep inside the robot area) :)
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-05-06 11:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
We generally pulled Levi between gears/orbs; lots of room somewhere in the middle of them. Since you're after souls, I'd highly recommend bringing a THF>_> Even with TH7 procs on Brulo/Diabolos we rarely saw 2 drop, got two off Levi about a lot more though.

yea drops suck balls :( we have 20/75 now and only 2 were a double drop... mostly did levi and diablo all with TH7-9
 Shiva.Baleigh
By Shiva.Baleigh 2011-05-06 11:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never popped Shiva and I am assuming the competition is high for seals. Does anyone know where her starting point is after re-popping from a kill?
 Shiva.Baleigh
By Shiva.Baleigh 2011-05-06 11:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan sure seems like the way to go. I am encouraged by this news and am gonna start on it!
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 11:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Baleigh said:
I've never popped Shiva and I am assuming the competition is high for seals. Does anyone know where her starting point is after re-popping from a kill?

We mostly saw Shiva around flux 7. Don't know if that's where it starts or what though. lol
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-05-06 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

she starts at the Murex/Amoeban area near 1. but you need to be fast to get her there often, sometimes she stright flys up the wall, then you need to go to 7.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-06 12:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, none of the T3s are hard for a solid group, as you seem to have.
The hardest part is getting people willing to stick around to get 75 colorless souls, and upgrading T2s, over and over and over.

@17 souls myself :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-06 12:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Having just helped finish an LSmate's 90 ochain, I can easily say that the hardest part will not be fighting the NMs. It will be garnering the sheer willpower of you and your companions to sit there and fight through 60-75 VNMs, including upgrading the abyssites. It's a mindblowingly long and boring process, but the reward is worth it. Good luck sir
 Unicorn.Silian
Server: Unicorn
user: Silian
By Unicorn.Silian 2011-05-06 12:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished this stage, and it is painful.

Altepa and Ulg Range are both easy enough as a Duo. Didn't try to Duo Grau, but thats more due to not having pops in that zone often. Altep would be the worse of the two we did due to spikes, and multiple uses of Inferno.

Even if the T2s are camped, most people just want seals, and will have no problem doing a Teamp Up and letting you pop the NM for upgrades. Quite a few were even nice enough to have already had T3s and just pop them for us. Its a painful trial, its not fast, not like others, just grit your teeth and start grinding it out.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-05-06 12:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

1st = GOOD NINJA
2nd = GOOD WHM
3rd = GOOD THF
4th = Good NIN or MNK or DNC

I 4 man most of the Sky NM / Abyssea Seals ^^; (Takes forever but sure u get your ***, the more ppl the safer tho)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-06 12:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
1st = GOOD NINJA
2nd = GOOD WHM
3rd = GOOD THF

I 4 man most of the Sky NM / Abyssea Seals ^^; (Takes forever but sure u get your ***, the more ppl the safer tho)

So I'm assuming you just watch from the sidelines then.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-06 12:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
1st = GOOD NINJA 2nd = GOOD WHM 3rd = GOOD THF 4th = Good NIN or MNK or DNC I 4 man most of the Sky NM / Abyssea Seals ^^; (Takes forever but sure u get your ***, the more ppl the safer tho)
So I'm assuming you just watch from the sidelines then.
lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-06 12:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I shouldn't be so mean.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

1st = GOOD NINJA
2nd = GOOD WHM
3rd = GOOD THF

What does sky have anything to do with abyssea, or even Ochain trials at all?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.