Good excuse(s) to leave work early
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 15:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kinjite said:
"Work to Live not Live to Work" take the day off but be honest about it like...."Hey Mr/Mrs ??? Im not feelin it today can I leave early?" usually would get a better reaction than to a somewhat obvious ruse

Among other things I'm a lazy/workaholic that often puts in eighteen hour days so I also need to come up with a good excuse to outwit the other side of my personality... I'm also a narcoleptic/insomniac which is another different story.

**** it I'm going to just run out the door screaming and think up something to explain it before Monday.
[+]
By Nikolce 2011-04-29 15:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hail and farewell
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-29 15:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Lakshmi.Kinjite said:
"Work to Live not Live to Work" take the day off but be honest about it like...."Hey Mr/Mrs ??? Im not feelin it today can I leave early?" usually would get a better reaction than to a somewhat obvious ruse

Among other things I'm a lazy/workaholic that often puts in eighteen hour days so I also need to come up with a good excuse to outwit the other side of my personality... I'm also a narcoleptic/insomniac which is another different story.

**** it I'm going to just run out the door screaming and think up something to explain it before Monday.

*** yeah, a Narcoleptic insomniac and a lazy workaholic. What's next? Useful Dark Knight?
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-29 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Cerberus.Halfpint said:
I'm with Cat...if you have a job you need to do the job. No one is irreplacable because there are thousands of ppl willing and able to do the job you barely tolerate. You screw off too much and you are going to find yourself jobless. Suck it up...find some way to deal with it and keep going.
I've been working for over thirty years, my ability to suck it up has drastically diminished over time. I invent things like self replicating label systems that no one else can dream up but yes any company would fire anyone for any reason if they thought they could get someone better for a little less money. Your berserk loyalty is unfortunately worth suprisingly little. So you can keep your nose to the grindstone if you want to. But I see a ray of sunshine after months of winter and weeks of rain and I am going for it. Also, I think ash's "soiled undies" excuse is a goldmine I can perfect with a can of ***spray. <insert diabolical laugh here>

been working as a sign language interpreter for 30 years and worked in other jobs long before that. I understand the need to "leave early" I really do. Would love to be gone when this break is over but can't. Where i work has a point system so excusable or not it's still counts against you

Massive edit: Loyalty to my job..Hell yeah..I like to pay my bills and have medical benefits.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-04-29 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is wrong with people. Nothing wrong with wanting to leave early once in a while. I am sure he's happy to have a job and whatever else goes along with that. People and their self righteousness can GTFO.
[+]
 Alexander.Francisco
Server: Alexander
user: Francisco
By Alexander.Francisco 2011-04-29 16:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just ask if I can take off early - assuming my ***is finished. If I feel like I need to give a reason, I just give a truthful one:

- I'm way behind on housework/schoolwork.

- I promised a friend relative I'd help with _________.

- It's nice out and I want to enjoy it for once. (I actually said this once after I had something like 20 straight days off be shitty weather...)

Etc...

Sometimes I tell my boss, "instead of taking a break, I just want to take off that much earlier".

Finally, I would never - and I advise against - lie about a medical emergency or a death to get out of work. Not even for fear of getting caught - but it just seems like really bad karma.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-29 16:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We all need "personal holidays" from time to time. Just don't over it and you will be fine.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-29 16:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not sound to me this is a once in a while thing ...

Shiva.Nikolce said:
I need some good excuse(s) to leave work early. Let's also assume that I am a moron who fritters large parts of his life away playing video games and thinking up ways to get out of work.

not angry or condescending...bassed my comments off this one
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-05-02 09:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Everybody! I just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to post. About thirty seconds after my last post on Friday my boss asked me to leave work early to drop off a package on the way home.
[+]