Good excuse(s) to leave work early
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-29 13:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I need some good excuse(s) to leave work early. Let's assume the boss man isn't a complete moron and won't fall for things like "my house is on fire" or other such excuses that would require some sort of proof later on. Let's also assume that I am a moron who fritters large parts of his life away playing video games and thinking up ways to get out of work. So the KISS principle needs to apply.

Also, sick is no good. I can projectile vomit on command but have already worn out the "I think I ate some bad seafood at lunch <hurl>" there is only so many times you can pull that off before people start thinking you're bulemic.

Please dig deep brothers and sisters. I thank you.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-29 13:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Your boss is paying you for your time, I think you should just stay at work.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-04-29 13:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, I just say that I'm bored and I'm going home... but I guess it has to be a reason that works when your not the boss....

One my wife uses quite often is that our kid is sick and need to be picked up... but that would require a child...
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-29 13:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We need flion up in here to find his boss and send him this link.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-04-29 13:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
One my wife uses quite often is that our kid is sick and need to be picked up... but that would require a child...

Then just tell your boss:
"Sorry I need to leave early to impregnate my wife, so in the future I have better excuses for leaving early"

:D
[+]
By Nikolce 2011-04-29 13:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Then just tell your boss: "Sorry I need to leave early to impregnate my wife, so in the future I have better excuses for leaving early" :D

I was hoping to buld a reliable database of excuses we could all use that wouldn't require children...or wives.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-29 13:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You are getting paid for your time and you were hired to work, why even bother having a job if your just going to piss around and try to get out of work early cause you cba to do work?

God I just hope your boss finds out and just right out fires you, you obviously don't appreciate having a job enough to do YOUR JOB.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-29 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Threads like this scares me. Why do you have a job when you want to get home before you day is over? lol.
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2011-04-29 13:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"ring ring" *picks up phone* Oh hey mom hows it going? What? Grandma is in the hospital? And her last wish is to see me? OMG OMW.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2011-04-29 13:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to leave work? Then just leave.

You want to get paid? Then just work.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-04-29 13:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:
"bark bark" *dog walks into the office* Lassie what is it? whats wrong? What? Grandma is in the hospital? And her last wish is to see me? OMG OMW.

ftfy

could make for a grander exit
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2011-04-29 13:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

and stop trying to act you guys have never had a day you are just fed up and want to go home early. We've all done it and if your say you havent you're lying.

Not to mention you earn your time off. So why not use it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2011-04-29 13:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just do what I do: make the company ***tons of money.

I come in whenever I want, leave whenver I want, wear whatever I want.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-29 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:
and stop trying to act you guys have never had a day you are just fed up and want to go home early. We've all done it and if your say you havent you're lying.

Tough ***, you were hired to work there no matter if you're "Fed up" or "having a bad day"

I've had my fair share of bad days, Hell I worked in a student center where I had to put up with college kids and making appointments, of which I HATED doing since I started doing it, did I make excuses to leave? Nope.

Here's a good excuse: "I'm sorry sir, I don't want to work today, i'm leaving since i'm not a competent worker"
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-04-29 13:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:

Sure every now and then it sucks and i want to leave. But i still stay.

Read the OP, it sounds like this kid tries to pull it once a week.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-29 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Odin.Skeero said:

Tough ***, you were hired to work there no matter if you're "Fed up" or "having a bad day"

I've had my fair share of bad days, Hell I worked in a student center where I had to put up with college kids and making appointments, of which I HATED doing since I started doing it, did I make excuses to leave? Nope.

Here's a good excuse: "I'm sorry sir, I don't want to work today, i'm leaving since i'm not a competent worker"

And i bet you suck *** to get employee of the month everyday. Congrats

awww look at that, your trying to verbally insult me because I know how to work.

Good for you.

I'm just getting to the point that you're hired at a job to work, not waste a companies time making excuses so you can leave early or just not work that day because "herp derp i wanna play a game and be a lardass today"

if you want to do that, don't get a job, please... leave the jobs for the people that may actually want to work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-04-29 13:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

"I wish not to be paid any further for today, goodbye."
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-04-29 13:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:
Odin.Skeero said:
and stop trying to act you guys have never had a day you are just fed up and want to go home early. We've all done it and if your say you havent you're lying. Not to mention you earn your time off. So why not use it.
Tough ***, you were hired to work there no matter if you're "Fed up" or "having a bad day" I've had my fair share of bad days, Hell I worked in a student center where I had to put up with college kids and making appointments, of which I HATED doing since I started doing it, did I make excuses to leave? Nope. Here's a good excuse: "I'm sorry sir, I don't want to work today, i'm leaving since i'm not a competent worker"
And i bet you suck *** to get employee of the month everyday. Congrats
awww look at that, your trying to verbally insult me because I know how to work. Good for you. I'm just getting to the point that you're hired at a job to work, not waste a companies time making excuses so you can leave early or just not work that day because "herp derp i wanna play a game and be a lardass today" if you want to do that, don't get a job, please... leave the jobs for the people that may actually want to work.

While I do agree with you, there are those certain times you just don't feel like dealing with the *** at work. :3
[+]
 Cerberus.Halfpint
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-29 13:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Cat...if you have a job you need to do the job. No one is irreplacable because there are thousands of ppl willing and able to do the job you barely tolerate. You screw off too much and you are going to find yourself jobless.

Suck it up...find some way to deal with it and keep going.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-29 13:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How bad do you want to go home?

I had a bad case of something a couple years back but didn't know that I was sick yet. I thought I had gas, went to "release it", and got a little added suprise.

Me (with street clothes in arms): "Hey (bosses name here)? I need to go home. I got sick"
Boss: "That's fine.... aren't you going to change first?"
Me: "No uhhh, I'm just going to change at hom"
Boss (slow grin creeping across face): "Did you......"
Me: "Had an accident, see you tomorrow"

Now granted, I have a great relationship with my boss, but you should gauge your resistance to embarassment first. Also, mine was legit, I wasn't faking anything.
[+]
 Titan.Archeim
Server: Titan
user: Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 13:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda curious as to how many of us posting in this thread are at work and not on break?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-29 13:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:

If he's just using the time off he's entitled to, he wouldn't need an excuse.

And since he's run out of excuses apparently, it's a safe assumption that he's just got poor work etiquette, especially considering he wants to compile a "database" of excuses.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-29 13:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought "I quit" worked well as a reason to leave early.
[+]
 Titan.Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 13:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
How bad do you want to go home? I had a bad case of something a couple years back but didn't know that I was sick yet. I thought I had gas, went to "release it", and got a little added suprise. Me (with street clothes in arms): "Hey (bosses name here)? I need to go home. I got sick" Boss: "That's fine.... aren't you going to change first?" Me: "No uhhh, I'm just going to change at hom" Boss (slow grin creeping across face): "Did you......" Me: "Had an accident, see you tomorrow" Now granted, I have a great relationship with my boss, but you should gauge your resistance to embarassment first. Also, mine was legit, I wasn't faking anything.

That reminds me of a time in my life involving being in a TSA security line to board an Airplane.

I missed the plane.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2011-04-29 13:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes im not saying do it once a week/month, but im sure most people has pulled this atleast once. Im just giving the OP a benefit of a doubt that this is his once per 6month/year excuse. And yes im at work while posting. Probably 60%ish of the people posting right now are. Im just saying, dont bash his integrity because he might be having a bad day or stress is getting the best of him. If infact he is a lazy kid that just wants to go home and beat off to his ridill, then yes just quit and move in with your momma.
[+]
 Titan.Archeim
By Titan.Archeim 2011-04-29 13:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:
Yes im not saying do it once a week/month, but im sure most people has pulled this atleast once. Im just giving the OP a benefit of a doubt that this is his once per 6month/year excuse. And yes im at work while posting. Probably 60%ish of the people posting right now are. Im just saying, dont bash his integrity because he might be having a bad day or stress is getting the best of him. If infact he is a lazy kid that just wants to go home and beat off to his ridill, then yes just quit and move in with your momma.

It reminds me of college and even work as it gets warmer, you look outside at the nice weather and wish you were elsewhere... or a millionaire. And then reality sets in and it's back to work.

I finished all my work for the day about 3 hours ago, so i'm currently allowed to do this. Just gotta be here for emails and calls for an 1 hour and 45 minutes.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-29 13:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:

You don't need a "Database" for a bi-annually happening. You need quick-wit and believable disposition.

"Christ, my mother just broke down on the highway coming home from the doctor's, any chance someone can cover for me??" <pokerface.jpg>
First Page 2 3