Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Apademak Brew Strats
Apademak Brew Strats
By Zeyphr 2011-04-29 11:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and my ls are planning on farming 75 horns with brew technique, but we are just wondering weather or not PLD + WAR can do 30k+ sanguin blades like BLU can?

Also if you have any other strats, please let me know ^^

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-29 11:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Raiden Thrust spam!
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-29 11:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a strat for god mode?
By Zeyphr 2011-04-29 11:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna get in multipele kills with a brew, not just one. Thats a waste .. I get some people saying 2-3 on brew, 7-9, 10+. I just dunno what'd be best to get 10 kills on a brew
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2011-04-29 11:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Flash Nova is also good. Just use holy mountain, beyond, and whatever else 3rd atma you wanna use. I just threw in ultimate for the heck of it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-29 11:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said:
I wanna get in multipele kills with a brew, not just one. Thats a waste .. I get some people saying 2-3 on brew, 7-9, 10+. I just dunno what'd be best to get 10 kills on a brew

10 per brew is pretty much reserved only for Corsair's Low-Orbit Ion Cannon. (Wildfire)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-04-29 11:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said:
Me and my ls are planning on farming 75 horns with brew technique, but we are just wondering weather or not PLD + WAR can do 30k+ sanguin blades like BLU can?

Also if you have any other strats, please let me know ^^

Just using Atma of Cosmos and ultimate on war w/o any kind of care for gear for brewing i was doing 29k and got 6 and a chunk of sisyphus done with 1 brew
By Delion 2011-04-29 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Zeyphr said:

10 per brew is pretty much reserved only for Corsair's Low-Orbit Ion Cannon. (Wildfire)

Yep, that's about as many as we get with COR brew.

@OP: As WAR or PLD with Sanguine blade, I'm not entirely sure. I've tried other WSs on other jobs like Aeolian edge on DNC and it took about 3-4 WSs iirc.

If there's no people fussing around the other Khimaira's ??? we use that to stop the timer; Less walking vs. taking it to the martello. Also bring 1 stunner for safety, it usually tries to nuke itself when it pops to level up.
By Zeyphr 2011-04-29 12:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Delion said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Zeyphr said:

Yep, that's about as many as we get with COR brew.

@OP: As WAR or PLD with Sanguine blade, I'm not entirely sure. I've tried other WSs on other jobs like Aeolian edge on DNC and it took about 3-4 WSs iirc.

If there's no people fussing around the other Khimaira's ??? we use that to stop the timer; Less walking vs. taking it to the martello. Also bring 1 stunner for safety, it usually tries to nuke itself when it pops to level up.

You say lock the brew @ ??? but it takes time to repop after death, so you wasting brew timer no?
And also, would Blade Yu/Hi be a good choice for brewing?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-29 12:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I freeze it on boxes I get people to bring before pops. He meant Dhorme ??? as well~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Msthief
Server: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-29 14:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The following I JUST posted from someone asking on my thread about this ***. Let me just say it will take you closer to 50 pops than 75, definitely have TH. You can flame my choice of weapon skill if you wish, but I think my pulling strategy is pretty solid.

You're not the first person to ask this so I'll explain. In short, Hi > Hi is darkness and is really *** sweet, I was able to get four in per pull (a fair amount, but you can definitely do better - just make sure crit+ damage is capped out if you do a physical WS). The best way to pull is the following:

1. Every person who's popping should sub thief for flee, use the job ability seconds before you pop.
2. After you pop run back to the Martello, flee should run out just as you hit the top of the hill.
3. Have someone standing directly east of the Martello whose sole purpose is to stun and run to the brewer who's holding it. This is a little hard to explain, but basically you can stun apademak while he's running through the canyon and you NEED to so that he doesn't go unclaimed. You'll notice that directly east of the martello puts you pretty high up on the hill's cliff and that's true and by design.
4. It's helpful to have several stuns and a fresh set of five shadows. Enstun and fulmination are incredibly annoying and if more than 3-4 go off during your brew you will have a problem fitting in a fourth. I'd recommend using ANY screen to know when you have a minute left. Petrify screen is the best since if you get in bad placement (should always be from the side) you won't get petrified. Physical weapon skills do hit for full damage when double weakened. During one very very good run I got off 4.9 - my brew ran off a second before I finished but a sam came in and meikyo'd the rest.

I also recommend having someone whose sole responsibility is to cover your *** when this doesn't work. Maybe 2-3 times out of 45 I would have lost the pull without that person for whatever reason I do not know.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tidalecko
Server: Cerberus
user: Tidalecko
By Cerberus.Tidalecko 2011-06-06 09:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killed this guy a couple of times last night. He is absolutely ridiculous! It was our first time and we killed 2 or 3 but lost a 4th.

I was locking brew on the conflux and I have to agree that checking Dhorme's ??? would be much closer to the pull.

Also I see that there needs to be a stunner at the Apademok pop because he may cast thunder on himself first thing and level up. Fulmination will stun a brewer and believe me that SUCKS.

This guy needs to be fought with a die-hard mentality of preventing him from leveling up if you expect to have any time to proc yellow/red/blue. Once he gains access to Fulmination it's a losing battle. Next time I fight him I would have 2 BLM's on hand to stun him between his pop and brewer at Dhorme ???. Preventing access to Fulmination seems like it should be an absolute top priority.
 Cerberus.Alshandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Alshandra
By Cerberus.Alshandra 2011-06-06 09:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

if you are brewing, why not just fight it at the pop spot? as long as u stun the first spell it casts, its easy peasy. just pull a marid close by and kill to pop a chest ready to click onto once apademak dies
 Bahamut.Tajot
Server: Bahamut
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-06-06 09:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I did over 150 Apademak horns with no brews. Yes he will ALWAYS open with a spell. We did it with two tanks whm blm. Blm/brd with fast cast and haste set up was enough to stun 99% of the spells. He is manageable if he gets access to fulm. The problem is he can level up from killing people, so it's easier to lose control.

For a non-brew strat if you want, have the tanks stand on the sides and just stun spells. A quick curaga 3-4 after Dread was more than enough to keep everyone capped. With 90 Kannagi and 90 Vere it was a 5-7 minute kill.