Occasionally Augments Blue Magic Spells?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Occasionally Augments Blue Magic Spells?
Occasionally Augments Blue Magic Spells?
 Alexander.Trixan
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2011-04-09 07:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out what the set actually does yet? I can't figure it out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zeota
Server: Bismarck
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-04-09 08:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as it says. Wearing more than one piece in the set while casting a BLU spell has a small chance to give it an extra kick.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-04-09 08:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If it goes with the trend of other +2 sets, I'd say a chance to double the damage of BLU spells
[+]
 Valefor.Pairak
Server: Valefor
user: Pairak
By Valefor.Pairak 2011-04-09 09:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Chance is really small tho. with 4/5 pieces I ran some quick tests on it, and in more then 20 spells only one got agumented. Considering your lowering the dmg of other spells by not changing into other gear tht give better stats I hardly see it being worth it.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-04-09 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

According to most sets, the full 5/5 set effect kicks in bout 10%. I have 4/5 on PUP and see it proc a decent amount, but it's not game breaking.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-09 10:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Many set bonuses proc at 5% with 5/5, not 10%. BLU set bonus seems to follow suit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 10:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said:
According to most sets, the full 5/5 set effect kicks in bout 10%. I have 4/5 on PUP and see it proc a decent amount, but it's not game breaking.

5/5 is aprox 5% proc-rate, sadly
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 14:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have 2 peices so couldn't test proc rate so well or exactly what it did mostly cause I got annoyed. 86 casts to get 1 proc.

And while only 1 proc isn't really the best to use as a test of what it does it did seem to follow what wiki says in tripling the stat mod. At least on the 1 spell I did the numbers came out perfectly for that. How/if that stacks with CA/BA no clue given testing of that with such a horrible proc rate would make a normal person cry. Maybe once I get more +2 peices I'll look into it
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-09 16:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I only have 2 peices so couldn't test proc rate so well or exactly what it did mostly cause I got annoyed. 86 casts to get 1 proc.

And while only 1 proc isn't really the best to use as a test of what it does it did seem to follow what wiki says in tripling the stat mod. At least on the 1 spell I did the numbers came out perfectly for that. How/if that stacks with CA/BA no clue given testing of that with such a horrible proc rate would make a normal person cry. Maybe once I get more +2 peices I'll look into it
The set bonus is sadly really disappointing, because each of the pieces do different things you'll probably never wear the full set, so if you're disappointed with what 2/5 is doing, that's sadly probably as good as it's going to get.

Having 5/5, I've found the rate to be at or near 5% from some testing I did a wHile back, and I'd say it's simply not worth using the hands for physical and the head for magical and so on and so forth for an increase in rate of around 2~3%.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 16:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah could wear 5/5 during brew for some potentially super epic numbers
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-09 16:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah could wear 5/5 during brew for some potentially super epic numbers
Oh no doubt, I've had some random crazy numbers once in a blue moon from the af3+2 legs and af3+2 head (during CA) for some physical spells/
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 16:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the legs are ok to use with charged whisker so you can use 3 peices for that :).
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-09 17:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
At least the legs are ok to use with charged whisker so you can use 3 peices for that :).
Would there be any legs better than the +2 for it, and could someone show me their CW set please?

This is my short-term goal for CW set in the near future, any adjustments I could make to it? (Besides the obvious like Novio)
The Mirke has +4 MAB.
By Gimpness 2011-04-09 17:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Would there be any legs better than the +2 for it, and could someone show me their CW set please?

This is my short-term goal for CW set in the near future, any adjustments I could make to it? (Besides the obvious like Novio)
The Mirke has +4 MAB.

ummm wouldn't teal be better than mirke since teal has 6 int and the 4 mab? could be wrong though :X aaaaaaaaaand isn't int a higher mod than dex, so int rings. Again, could be wrong, just what i can see off the top of my head.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Really depends on how much dex/int and mab you already packing... and of course if it's BA or not but yeah it looks like should be almost always the best outside of brewing.

Ugg when active... probably a dex neck when at crappy moon phases.

Lokis or morri maybe. 7 stat rings.

When not using BA Potentia Cape phantom talthum.
By Gimpness 2011-04-09 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I lied, just looked into it D: dex does slightly more than int (very slightly) >_> disregard mah post.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 17:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimpness said:
ummm wouldn't teal be better than mirke since teal has 6 int and the 4 mab? could be wrong though :X aaaaaaaaaand isn't int a higher mod than dex, so int rings. Again, could be wrong, just what i can see off the top of my head.
Depends on if he is using BA or not.

No matter what 1 int adds 2 to base dmg.

Without BA 1 dex would add 1.9125... but with BA using those feet it's more like 5.08725
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-09 17:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Really depends on how much dex/int and mab you already packing... and of course if it's BA or not but yeah it looks like should be almost always the best outside of brewing.

Ugg when active... probably a dex neck when at crappy moon phases.

Lokis or morri maybe. 7 stat rings.

When not using BA Potentia Cape phantom talthum.
I read in the CW thread that during BA, 1 DEX = ~2 INT. But yea, I would use Love Torque when <35%, and have +7 Diamond Ring/Aquilo's. Potentia and all that nonsense as well. I guess I should have posted BA up/down sets.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 17:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Really depends on the shoes

But from from the CW thread... for exact numbers

Damage=[([D + ST]*Multiplier(aka ftp))*Convergence Bonus) + primary mod]*Magic Attack etc (please refer to Calculating Magic Damage page)

■D is calculated as Blue mage's level+2. There is cap to this
■ST is Related to stats. There is level correction α
■Convergence Bonus is 1.05 for Level 1 Convergence, 1.10 for Level 2, 1.15 for Level 3
■INT bonus = (your INT - opponent INT)*Tier Multiplier (T Multiplier)
■Half Threshold Value exist.
■During Burst Affinity, Status Correction (ST) is doubled

Charged Whisker - 50% DEX, 4.5 fTP.

INT primary modifiers with a multiplier of 2
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-09 17:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and lvl correct is .85 for now