Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-30 09:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Wafflechan said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
15 map packs with 60% recycled content is ***-rape, I agree with Ash. Anyone paying for that is a retard.
Then don't buy Abyssea. 9 recycled maps, and a tiny bit of weaponry/armor for each job, wooo 30$.

10$ an add-on. Each add-on added a level increase with new job abilties/spells/etc, several new NMs and mobs, several new quests, tons of equipment that were time consuming to upgrade, and a whole new leveling experience.

Wtf did 9 maps add to your Modern Warfare experience other than new scenery to shoot your epeen guns? None of the areas being nearly as big as an Abyssea zone. Just another map to mindlessly hold down whatever controller trigger you're using.

You're willingly taking it in the ***.
Pot Kettler?
Paying money to play FF a month, Paying for new add ons and all SE has done is dumb down the game and recycle 99% of the ***they gave you. New gear is all old skins, new areas are the same ***and the NM's are easier now than fights were before the cap increase. Don't forget ACP if we are talking about willingly being *** raped. Pot. Kettle. Black.
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-30 10:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

@wafflechan: so, what are you trying to say other than the fact that you're getting butt raped multiple times now? Just because other companies and franchises do the same thing doesn't mean Activison is any better because of it. Point the blame at anything you want, you're still paying far more than you should for something that's can be infinitely copied for free. You already bought the game, now they want your soul.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

TF2.
 Shiva.Gylfie
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-30 11:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
@wafflechan: so, what are you trying to say other than the fact that you're getting butt raped multiple times now? Just because other companies and franchises do the same thing doesn't mean activation is any better because of it. Point the blame at anything you want, you're still paying far more than you should for something that's can be infinitely copied for free. You already bought the game, now they want your soul.
Did something happen to you as a child that you're so obsessed with rape? Seriously.

Its not rape if its willing, as far as I know no one put a gun to anyones head and said "BUY THESE *** ADD ONS OR I'LL SHOOT"
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2011-03-30 11:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

put gas in your car lately? yea you got "buttraped"
buy a gallon of milk recently? "buttraped" again
what about went to see a movie? you guessed it, "buttraped"
how about some new shoes? most likely "buttraped"
did you buy the game in the first place? "buttrape"

point is, everything is over-priced these days.
don't like it, don't buy it.
but there are millions who obviously don't care as shown by the number of purchases.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-30 11:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
@wafflechan: so, what are you trying to say other than the fact that you're getting butt raped multiple times now? Just because other companies and franchises do the same thing doesn't mean activation is any better because of it. Point the blame at anything you want, you're still paying far more than you should for something that's can be infinitely copied for free. You already bought the game, now they want your soul.
I believe he's trying to point out that it doesn't matter what game you play, the same thing happens, that arguing over this is pointless and that it all comes down to personal preference.. If you like FFXI, you're going to "be raped" on it, just like you will in every other game genre and system on the market.

You think it's a rip off to people who buy the map packs and ***for COD, and that's fine.. But plenty of people, even fans of FFXI feel the same about Abyssea/other expansions.. Let's not even get into paying for a subscription just to play the game.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it depends on the amount of content you get for your money. I thought ACP, MKD and ASA were major rip offs, but I wouldn't call Abyssea a rip off.

I'd call the majority of map packs I've seen for a CoD overpriced by far though.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-30 11:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also noone's mentioned the fact that alot of the time, not sure about MW2 though, DLC is already on the disc when the game launches.

For example, Bioshock 2 came out in February '10. Three weeks later they released their first dlc which added some ***to the multiplayer. Turns out this "downloadable" content wasn't downloaded at all, it was on the disc when the game shipped. They just charged you to activate it.

And that's ***. I love the idea of DLC, keeping a game fresh and relevant is all kinds of awesome, but timing release of content already made just to squeeze money out of your game is wrong.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
Also noone's mentioned the fact that alot of the time, not sure about MW2 though, DLC is already on the disc when the game launches.

For example, Bioshock 2 came out in February '10. Three weeks later they released their first dlc which added some ***to the multiplayer. Turns out this "downloadable" content wasn't downloaded at all, it was on the disc when the game shipped. They just charged you to activate it.

And that's ***. I love the idea of DLC, keeping a game fresh and relevant is all kinds of awesome, but timing release of content already made just to squeeze money out of your game is wrong.

That's why DAII got my goat so much.

I like DLC too, Assassins creed brotherhood did DLC well. 2 free multiplayer packs and then the first content pack about 7-8 months after.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-30 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
Did something happen to you as a child that you're so obsessed with rape? Seriously.

Its not rape if its willing, as far as I know no one put a gun to anyones head and said "BUY THESE *** ADD ONS OR I'LL SHOOT"

Why are you so hung up on what words I choose to use? You're ignoring the point in favor of bashing the word "rape".

The concept is simple, 15$ for some maps is ***, there's very little content added in the grandscheme of things. And arguably, you can get raped unknowingly if you want to argue about the word rape. Having sex with a minor is consensual sex but still considered rape according to the law in several places.

Get the *** out of your ears and mouth and add something to the conversation, or don't. I don't care. I enjoy this.

So, in conclusion, keep honking... I'm reloading my gun.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-30 11:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought guns were illegal over there? <.<
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

They are without a permit. But still obtainable.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-30 11:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

By permit you mean like America's CHL? We don't actually have to have a permit to have a gun, I don't think, just carry them..

I'm not all that knowledgeable about gun laws in any country, even my own.

I thought guns in the UK were completely outlawed, at least for the regular citizens.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

By permit you mean like America's CHL? We don't actually have to have a permit to have a gun, I don't think, just carry them..

I'm not all that knowledgeable about gun laws in any country, even my own.

I thought guns in the UK were completely outlawed, at least for the regular citizens.

You can get one as a farmer to defend your land from animals, and you get hunting guns. But a regular joe can't get a permit to have a pistol with him in the street.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-30 11:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

***, it's a bumper sticker phrase. xD
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-30 11:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
***, it's a bumper sticker phrase. xD
I'm aware of that, but I like being a smart ***, but sometimes I fail <_<;;
By Wafflechan 2011-03-30 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
so, what are you trying to say other than the fact that you're getting butt raped multiple times now? Just because other companies and franchises do the same thing doesn't mean activation is any better because of it. Point the blame at anything you want, you're still paying far more than you should for something that's can be infinitely copied for free. You already bought the game, now they want your soul.
Exactly, the *** industry has been raping us since games came out, no point arguing over it.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-30 13:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Why are you so hung up on what words I choose to use? You're ignoring the point in favor of bashing the word "rape".

The concept is simple, 15$ for some maps is ***, there's very little content added in the grandscheme of things. And arguably, you can get raped unknowingly if you want to argue about the word rape. Having sex with a minor is consensual sex but still considered rape according to the law in several places.

Get the *** out of your ears and mouth and add something to the conversation, or don't. I don't care. I enjoy this.

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
How much are the Abyssea add-on pacs? 10$. Compare the content given. ***tons of new items with each addition, and "new" zones and quests and etc etc etc.

I realize you say "new", but really they're just revamped zones with mildly different graphics to them. Oh wait, thats the exact same thing as 1 map out of a 5 map pack from CoD. Huh.

New quests? Sure, "Hand me this and I'll give you this." Theres nothing new about any quests in FFXI, they're all revamped with different rewards and different items to give them.

New items? Sure, they release plenty of items, but heres the thing. How many of them do you actually use? Take the last 2 abyssea zones, all you use are the empyrean items, the ones laid out for you because they're the best.

Think about how much SE charges, $10 for abyssea and a $15 monthly fee. That's $25 in total, for these new items that don't get used, quests that don't get done and revamped maps.

How much does a map pack cost? $10-15 depending on what game and how many maps. These maps have more re-playability than abyssea does. Plenty of people are sick of abyssea because it made the game too easy. How often do map packs make games too easy? How often do they just make you want to throw the game out the window?

So tell me, which one is REALLY ripping you off?

Also, if you can afford $10 for abyssea, how can you not afford an extra $5 for a map pack?

TL;DR SE are criminals.
I've already added more than you have, as I've done more than just bash peoples decisions to their spend money how they want to. Whether you think its a rip off or not, peoples opinions differ.

I personally think FFXI these days is a complete rip off, yet I still pay for it and play it, but thats my choice. Others have chosen to quit because they don't want to pay for a game that is to them, a waste of time.

Map packs, or add ons to any game for that matter are only truly a rip off if you don't enjoy the game/content that was released. I bought a Fable 2 add on way back because I was enjoying Fable 2, I hated the add on and said "***, well that was a rip off" and proceeded to never buy another one again, but my friend thoroughly enjoyed that very same add on.

So, all that being said you really can't tell someone that what they're spending their money on is a waste if they actually want it and/or enjoy it, simply because you don't.

Its called differing opinions. Get used to it.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-30 13:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Asura.Ashleh said:

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Asura.Ashleh said:
How much are the Abyssea add-on pacs? 10$. Compare the content given. ***tons of new items with each addition, and "new" zones and quests and etc etc etc.

I realize you say "new", but really they're just revamped zones with mildly different graphics to them. Oh wait, thats the exact same thing as 1 map out of a 5 map pack from CoD. Huh.

New quests? Sure, "Hand me this and I'll give you this." Theres nothing new about any quests in FFXI, they're all revamped with different rewards and different items to give them.

New items? Sure, they release plenty of items, but heres the thing. How many of them do you actually use? Take the last 2 abyssea zones, all you use are the empyrean items, the ones laid out for you because they're the best.

Think about how much SE charges, $10 for abyssea and a $15 monthly fee. That's $25 in total, for these new items that don't get used, quests that don't get done and revamped maps.

How much does a map pack cost? $10-15 depending on what game and how many maps. These maps have more re-playability than abyssea does. Plenty of people are sick of abyssea because it made the game too easy. How often do map packs make games too easy? How often do they just make you want to throw the game out the window?

So tell me, which one is REALLY ripping you off?

Also, if you can afford $10 for abyssea, how can you not afford an extra $5 for a map pack?

TL;DR SE are criminals.
I've already added more than you have, as I've done more than just bash peoples decisions to their spend money how they want to. Whether you think its a rip off or not, peoples opinions differ.

I personally think FFXI these days is a complete rip off, yet I still pay for it and play it, but thats my choice. Others have chosen to quit because they don't want to pay for a game that is to them, a waste of time.

Map packs, or add ons to any game for that matter are only truly a rip off if you don't enjoy the game/content that was released. I bought a Fable 2 add on way back because I was enjoying Fable 2, I hated the add on and said "***, well that was a rip off" and proceeded to never buy another one again, but my friend thoroughly enjoyed that very same add on.

So, all that being said you really can't tell someone that what they're spending their money on is a waste if they actually want it and/or enjoy it, simply because you don't.

Its called differing opinions. Get used to it.

:P
I'd like to point out that the person who talks about rip offs bought acp and according to LSC hasn't even gotten the body...the entire reason for ACP. The amount of pot-kettling makes me laugh.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-30 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
I'd like to point out that the person who talks about rip offs bought acp and according to LSC hasn't even gotten the body...the entire reason for ACP. The amount of pot-kettling makes me laugh.

Its interesting how everything that isn't FFXI add ons is a waste of money, but buying ACP and not actually getting the main reward from it seems to have been a worthwhile investment!
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-30 13:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

Its interesting how everything that isn't FFXI add ons is a waste of money, but buying ACP and not actually getting the main reward from it seems to have been a worthwhile investment!
I know right.
But they have 1 job and rank 5. Clearly they just started FF and haven't grown to realize how much SE *** you over.
 Leviathan.Mikeh
Server: Leviathan
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2011-04-01 11:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ascension alone is worth the tenner.
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-04-01 11:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:
Quote:
Question FOR COD FANS (because plenty of people not a fan would just say no) is BO really any different than MW 1&2? By different I don't just mean new maps and new weapons, either. Talking more about the overall experience.
Quite a bit different, BO encourages more offensive gameplay. It balances the playing field by taking out stopping power, noobtube camping, and give you an even chance to rush a camper should you encounter one. Most of the guns in BO fire way faster than the average ones in MW2, so you have to take that into account when in a fire fight. I'm not sure about the gameplay modes (CTF, Sabo, etc) being different, but the map variety is pretty big, and the competition is ripe. Personally its way better in my opinion, after dealing with the dumb *** glitches in MW2, I'd rather play BO any day.
x2

BO smokes the game play of MW2 and this is coming from someone who really liked MW2