Ryunohige lvl 90
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Phix
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-16 20:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on making the mythic (just over half the Alex ) and wondered how the 90 polearm stands up with the boost to drakesbane ?
Now I know it's not a common weapon but any info or parse data would be awesome :D
Regardless I will make mine as drg is my baby! Just looking for a kick up the *** to pay for overpriced Alex and such lol.
Thanks guys Phix
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-16 20:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, no one knows what the Jump enhancement it has does after the 75 version.

Regardless, it's been considered the best weapon for Dragoon for quite some time now, it's just extremely time consuming to make. the Drakesbane enhancement just pushes it that much further ahead.
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-16 20:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Should ask Raen, but I'm pretty sure Ryunohige is by far the best weapon for drg. 15% dmg increase to ws with 90 mythic? iirc

Poor Rhongomiant will take the backburner when you're done with Ryu lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 23:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely the best thing going right now. Aftermath duration enhancement was awesome for keeping OAT aftermath up while saving up TP less often and +15% Drakesbane damage on the level 90 weapon is just icing on the cake given that the WS is already amazing. Even with the Jump enhancement now being an unknown afaik (if anybody knows/can test please please please do so!) it's really in a league of its own if you can really play it aggressively with the 300 TP aftermath.
By Serj 2011-03-16 23:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a Ryu owner on Bahamut. If you feel up to playing translator for awhile (I tried with him, but after 5 minutes or so we gave up trying to communicate.) I think he'll be willing to do a few tests, Phix. If I get kparser working I can try talking to him again.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 00:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And you can have tp bonus while using it now! Actually can have 125%... so can have 300% DBs at 175% :). So keeping up the OAT might not be that hard... and you'd have awesome crit rate lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 00:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
And you can have tp bonus while using it now! Actually can have 125%... so can have 300% DBs at 175% :). So keeping up the OAT might not be that hard... and you'd have awesome crit rate lol
TP Bonus atmas don't influence aftermath (Empyrean anyway but I'd assume it's the same), wouldn't be surprised if the earring doesn't either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 00:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
TP Bonus atmas don't influence aftermath (Empyrean anyway but I'd assume it's the same), wouldn't be surprised if the earring doesn't either.
Fail +2
[+]
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-17 07:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
There's a Ryu owner on Bahamut. If you feel up to playing translator for awhile (I tried with him, but after 5 minutes or so we gave up trying to communicate.) I think he'll be willing to do a few tests, Phix. If I get kparser working I can try talking to him again.
I had the same issue myself he wasnt overly talkative , though i did watch him fight HQ cerb in altep and put up some impressive drakebane dmg 5kish .
He's not an agressive player very conservative so i would be interested to see him go all out and see how he parses .
As for the 15% increase to dmg that really is insane and alone makes the hard slog worthwhile even with a big ?? on the jump augments , i really have to wonder what the 95 and 99 will offer O.o.
Phix
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-17 07:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Serj said:
I had the same issue myself he wasnt overly talkative , though i did watch him fight HQ cerb in altep and put up some impressive drakebane dmg 5kish .
He's not an agressive player very conservative so i would be interested to see him go all out and see how he parses .
As for the 15% increase to dmg that really is insane and alone makes the hard slog worthwhile even with a big ?? on the jump augments , i really have to wonder what the 95 and 99 will offer O.o.
Phix

No idea anything on the parse but just wanted to say good luck making the weapon ^^ Its one sexy thing! Im currently making a Gungnir which is just as time consuming but takes less effort xD Haha. Again, good luck and im damn sure it will all pay off in the end!
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-17 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Serj said:
Phix

No idea anything on the parse but just wanted to say good luck making the weapon ^^ Its one sexy thing! Im currently making a Gungnir which is just as time consuming but takes less effort xD Haha. Again, good luck and im damn sure it will all pay off in the end!
Aye it is very sexy indeed and i know it will be worth it after playing with Rhongo for a lil while i got used to the build 300 tp and ws spam style of play.
i just want to be able to use Drg's real ws more as nice as camlann's is it really doesnt compare to drakes imo.
GL with Gungnir with all the dyna changes comming up you should be able to smash it out in no time , Though i am slightly jelous as alex is a serious cockblock (shakes fist at SE)
Phix
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-17 08:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Serj said:
Phix

Aye it is very sexy indeed and i know it will be worth it after playing with Rhongo for a lil while i got used to the build 300 tp and ws spam style of play.
i just want to be able to use Drg's real ws more as nice as camlann's is it really doesnt compare to drakes imo.
GL with Gungnir with all the dyna changes comming up you should be able to smash it out in no time , Though i am slightly jelous as alex is a serious cockblock (shakes fist at SE)
Phix

You not do salvage as much these days? If not you should, can do any zone with 3 people now and if they are friends im sure they wil happily give you the alex. Stupid easy nowadays. Ya, as for dyna im just gunna be sitting my *** in sandy, im on stage 3 already and already accumulated alot of currency needed for the final upgrade. So Since i have two characters that can do dynamis ill be dioing it like twice a day >.>; everyday.... Hopefully the currency will still be obtained fairly easily. Still a bit on the fence with the dynamis updates, not sure if i like it or not ><.
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-17 08:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the pain Phix,alex is all thats stopping me from finishing my Mythic too.I have a handful of assaults to redo still,but I'm finishing up them and it certainly will take longer to get the last 14k pieces of alex than it will to do 10 or 11 assaults.The 3 ZNM trophies mock me everytime I look in my MH ;-; If only people would do salvage now a days :( Its fun and it doesnt even take long =\ Stupid Abyssea
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 08:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not many people do salvage these days... and that's alot just to farm yourself. It's not like 100s drop lol.

Though personally I find all the other requirements harder. Like trying to get all the nyzle tokens while somehow maintaining AP for salvage runs and of course redoing all assualts and the fact no one really does inherjar anymore etc.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-17 08:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
iirc Poor Rhongomiant will take the backburner when you're done with Ryu lol.

I haven't seen anything to convince me that taking the 1-3k WS damage hit from drakes > camlanns is justifiable, even with capped haste on aftermath. Granted my unsolicited opinion doesn't account for future incarnations of this weapon, but it also doesn't account for future versions of other trial weapons.

I think the mythic has always been far and away the best option. Sadly, the work to get one is drastic compared to some other options.

Good luck!

If you get one, I implore you to be a hero and test the ***out of her. I know that the drg mythic has always been full of speculation and assumption, and it'll be nice to have another language speaking person to quiz :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-17 08:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You not do salvage as much these days? If not you should, can do any zone with 3 people now and if they are friends im sure they wil happily give you the alex. Stupid easy nowadays. Ya, as for dyna im just gunna be sitting my *** in sandy, im on stage 3 already and already accumulated alot of currency needed for the final upgrade. So Since i have two characters that can do dynamis ill be dioing it like twice a day >.>; everyday.... Hopefully the currency will still be obtained fairly easily. Still a bit on the fence with the dynamis updates, not sure if i like it or not ><.
I try and go as much as possible but even with the lower cost its hard getting people to do runs just for me as the lure of savage gear isnt what it was :( , i have high hopes that the synergy update for new gear makes it shine bright once again and will ease my pain somewhat .
As for testing when i get this done eventually lol mark my words i will parse the ***out of it in it's various forms ,
Overall it will be nice for some real data on it !
Phix
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-17 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Quote:
I try and go as much as possible but even with the lower cost its hard getting people to do runs just for me as the lure of savage gear isnt what it was :( , i have high hopes that the synergy update for new gear makes it shine bright once again and will ease my pain somewhat .
As for testing when i get this done eventually lol mark my words i will parse the ***out of it in it's various forms ,
Overall it will be nice for some real data on it !
Phix
Id be pissed off if Synergy is how you upgrade Salvage gear. As i dont do Synergy and i think its stupid to make people level it to upgrade gear. There should be trials through the salvage NPC Id say. Some of the gear is still awesome, ares body and legs are still incredible. Unless you already got those. Its still fun to do and other people might want the gear, so even if you just go for the alex its not so bad. But yeh, hopefully it picksup again soon ^^ Im collecting alex atm incase its needed for the trials... If not ill just sell it all for a load of gil then buy dyna currency :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-17 10:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd probably have to say as an unsubstantiated opinion that 90 Ryunohige may be the best weapon in the game bar none.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Id be pissed off if Synergy is how you upgrade Salvage gear. As i dont do Synergy and i think its stupid to make people level it to upgrade gear.
Research before you get mad. You don't have to do synergy anymore than you need to do any craft. Well ok a little more. If it's non tradeable stuff you need to have the ability to do synergy... ie the begining quest to unlock it... if you are too lazy to do that idk what to tell you
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-17 10:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'd probably have to say as an unsubstantiated opinion that 90 Ryunohige may be the best weapon in the game bar none.
i am inclined to agree with this opnion it is what's driving me (or quietly sending me mad not sure).
As for synergy being used to update it that's is mearly an assumption and was the 1st idea that made sense either way WE are going to get updates to the gear , How is another matter.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-17 10:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Id be pissed off if Synergy is how you upgrade Salvage gear. As i dont do Synergy and i think its stupid to make people level it to upgrade gear.
Research before you get mad. You don't have to do synergy anymore than you need to do any craft. Well ok a little more. If it's non tradeable stuff you need to have the ability to do synergy... ie the begining quest to unlock it... if you are too lazy to do that idk what to tell you
But thanks for pointing that out anyway.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 10:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ok now I'll say read before you respond. But here I'll do the tl;dr version

Even IF synergy is how you upgrade your gear YOU do not need to have it lvld unless they completely change how synergy works.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-17 10:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ok now I'll say read before you respond. But here I'll do the tl;dr version

Even IF synergy is how you upgrade your gear YOU do not need to have it lvld unless they completely change how synergy works.
OK. But seriously, good to know. But again i really hope its not that. Id much rather a trial or task to do ><
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 12:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukon vs. Ryunohige, I don't see Ryunohige winning unless the target is weak to piercing or there's an x-hit difference between the two. WAR has too many natural advantages.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-17 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Ukon vs. Ryunohige, I don't see Ryunohige winning unless the target is weak to piercing or there's an x-hit difference between the two. WAR has too many natural advantages.
Perhaps if you compare jobs like that. But it is a stronger ws even discounting the boost from mythic. And outside of abyssea the difference is even greater. Especially if you factor in stuff like acc bonus
By Nabis 2011-03-17 12:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

it would be a nice if some one could parse the 2 side by side as im working on a Ukon myself

nin edit: gonna 3 hit my ukon... *** off
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-03-17 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
it would be a nice if some one could parse the 2 side by side as im working on a Ukon myself

nin edit: gonna 3 hit my ukon... *** off
My hero! <3
[+]
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-17 12:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Ok ill bite due to the fact that war has multiple dmg enhancing JA's but with 15% boost to the ws plus aftermath wich is acc/att and oat i really dont see a parse being that one sided .
But thats for another thread this is the DRG section not WAR VS DRG .
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-17 12:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Ok ill bite due to the fact that war has multiple dmg enhancing JA's but with 15% boost to the ws plus aftermath wich is acc/att and oat i really dont see a parse being that one sided .
But thats for another thread this is the DRG section not WAR VS DRG .

If only meritpt on greater colibri/mamools still were the ***I'd love to see a parse vs the two on mools!
I kinda really miss those days >_>
By Nabis 2011-03-17 12:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phix said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Ok ill bite due to the fact that war has multiple dmg enhancing JA's but with 15% boost to the ws plus aftermath wich is acc/att and oat i really dont see a parse being that one sided . But thats for another thread this is the DRG section not WAR VS DRG .

yea too bad KJ does not crt unless used with 2hr or forced crt /thf then war mythic would be the one talked about most as "Augments Berserk IV" gives +45% attack
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9