TH ! Raider's Armlets +1 Or Assassin's Armlets?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » TH ! Raider's Armlets +1 or Assassin's Armlets?
TH ! Raider's Armlets +1 or Assassin's Armlets?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bingo Teez.

Where does it say crits increase proc rate Jos? I've only read SA/TA increase probability of proc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Speed
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lightspd
By Carbuncle.Speed 2011-03-14 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done some testing with this:

THF90 (TH3 no gear TH)
SA mob gained TH4 message
change back to knife+armlet (no boot+2 yet ><) (meaning natural TH is TH5)
next proc is TH6 (meaning the TH4 proc at start when u have TH3 only is lost)

THF90 (TH5 with knife + armlet)
/range to pull mob (miss or hit)
tank get attention
SA with NO knife NO armlet
TH proc for TH6

I have yet to try to use TH3 (no gear) proc TH to 6 (more than my gear TH5) then put the gear on to see if I get TH5 or TH6. Meaning does higher natural TH always overwrite proc-ed TH or SE actually has algorithm in place to check what is already highest in place.

Anyhow, the way I do things now is, use all my TH gear, pull the mob, pop the mob, or however else I put myself on the mob's hate list (steal, mug, etc, etc), then switch out my gear to do what i need to do best in, DEX for SA, AGI for TA, etc, if I cannot pre-SA a mob at start (sound agro mob, or popped mob). If i can, I always SA with all TH gear @ start, just b/c it's the best way to start a fight to see TH6 proc on initial attack =D
 Carbuncle.Speed
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lightspd
By Carbuncle.Speed 2011-03-14 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Many more critical hits even if they are weaker = more chance to proc TH anywhere

Sorry I think this is probably just eyeballing for you to make such claim. SE only said SA and TA (they are crit hit yes) has higher chance to proc TH. Never mention anything about regular crit hit (i'm sure you agree regular crit hit and a THF's SA and TA crit hit is hugely different)

I have solo tanked/kill a lot of nm in abyssea and w/ atma of RR and Apolayse (i know i didn't spell it right) Triple Attack superior, I can say that crit hit has no better chance of stacking TH than any old regular hit. The only definitive higher proc rate method is SA and TA.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-14 16:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't only regular crits, it's attacks and SA/TA

Link
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-14 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

An easy way to test if TH procs or not is simply to have a RNG come along and bounty shot after you proc. I did this with my GF who has full TH+ gear. Bounty shot will overwrite TH2, anything higher than TH2+1 it will not overwrite.

She throws boomerang at mob, misses. I bounty shot and it has no effect. TH has processed.

She steals from the mob. I bounty shot and it has no effect. TH has processed.

We did these same tests with her wearing no gear as well (this was before she was high enough to get TH3), and bounty shot did take effect.

Two short tests, but I conclude from these that any action that puts you on the hate list of the mob will process TH. So if your THF is weak and your fighting something like rani/raja, just them toss a boomerang at it :|.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-14 16:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see that, and I kind of figured, but the distinction wasn't clear.
By richwood 2011-03-14 16:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

aye it is easy you can even use /equip sub "Off-hand dagger", to change out thf knife. The best I have found is with the old school:

engage the target: and immediately hit this macro behind your tank. Do not spam the macro, you need to time it so your very first hit is max WS hit. If you spam it will mess up.

/ja "Trick Attack" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Assassins Charge" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Feint" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Hide" <me> <wait1>
/ws "Evisceration" <t>

It is so great that SE finally changes the wait in macros so we could use 'true' 6 line macros.

If you initial attack is this strong with all you TH on it is best. then macro all your DD gear in.

Post deleted by User.
By richwood 2011-03-14 16:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
richwood said:
aye it is easy you can even use /equip sub "Off-hand dagger", to change out thf knife. The best I have found is with the old school:

engage the target: and immediately hit this macro behind your tank. Do not spam the macro, you need to time it so your very first hit is max WS hit. If you spam it will mess up.

/ja "Feint" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Hide" <me> <wait1>
/ws "Evisceration" <t>

It is so great that SE finally changes the wait in macros so we could use 'true' 6 line macros.

If you initial attack is this strong with all you TH on it is best. then macro all your DD gear in.
If you were going for TH procs I would never stack them as such. You would get a chance to proc with SA then with TA then with WS. instead of one chance to proc on a SATA WS

Unless anyone has evidence that multihit WS can proc TH multiple times

I do this more at start of huge boss fights, then randomly run in and use SA and TA separately as well as WS separately. Using all regain atmas and sam sub, I don't want to be getting hit but a rani AOE.

But ya, separating them will proc higher lvs of TH.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-03-14 19:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
richwood said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
richwood said:

/ja "Feint" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Hide" <me> <wait1>
/ws "Evisceration" <t>

If you were going for TH procs I would never stack them as such. You would get a chance to proc with SA then with TA then with WS. instead of one chance to proc on a SATA WS

I do this more at start of huge boss fights, then randomly run in and use SA and TA separately as well as WS separately. Using all regain atmas and sam sub, I don't want to be getting hit but a rani AOE.

yeah that's a great idea nice. You can SATA WS AND SA TA again all within 10 seconds at the start of a fight. Touche lol

the only issue i see with this is you gotta have seriously good timing sine you have 5 seconds worth of waits to go through before you hit your ws, more times than none i think a melee attack is gonna fire off somewhere in there and you are gonna loose some of those buffs before you get to your WS. SATA and even SATAAC are pretty easy to pull of for a WS but even with taht theres times a melee round goes off in there somewhere adding feint in there seems like it would be better off done say feint it first then SATA HIDE WS, but i think if it where me i wouldn't want to juice up the WS at the start of the fight with SATA and AC. THink i would rather save my AC for later in the fight for a later WS to keep the hate on rather than trying to hit the tank with a massive hate spike right at the start + i only have 1 merit in AC so i think it would be better used later on with a TA ws instead of that start. For me i'd probably do something like this

Start of fight i have tp ready. Run to the back of the mob feint it, sneak attack it, move around to my tank TA evisceration (talking abyssea here), then if i need to get out i'd get out. Next time my TP is up some of the tanks hate is going away most likely, i'd go in SATA Hide Evisceration him. Next time i have TP my hide is probably still down so i'd go in and SA the mob get behind my tank then TA AC evisceration the tank. Just my imo though. I really dont think you need all that stuff in a macro to use at the start of the fight. Cause you can do all that stuff at the start but the tank still gonna loose some hate over time of the fight so you need to be able to help him keep his threshold.
By richwood 2011-03-14 19:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
richwood said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
richwood said:

/ja "Feint" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Hide" <me> <wait1>
/ws "Evisceration" <t>

yeah that's a great idea nice. You can SATA WS AND SA TA again all within 10 seconds at the start of a fight. Touche lol

the only issue i see with this is you gotta have seriously good timing sine you have 5 seconds worth of waits to go through before you hit your ws, more times than none i think a melee attack is gonna fire off somewhere in there and you are gonna loose some of those buffs before you get to your WS. SATA and even SATAAC are pretty easy to pull of for a WS but even with taht theres times a melee round goes off in there somewhere adding feint in there seems like it would be better off done say feint it first then SATA HIDE WS, but i think if it where me i wouldn't want to juice up the WS at the start of the fight with SATA and AC. THink i would rather save my AC for later in the fight for a later WS to keep the hate on rather than trying to hit the tank with a massive hate spike right at the start + i only have 1 merit in AC so i think it would be better used later on with a TA ws instead of that start. For me i'd probably do something like this

Start of fight i have tp ready. Run to the back of the mob feint it, sneak attack it, move around to my tank TA evisceration (talking abyssea here), then if i need to get out i'd get out. Next time my TP is up some of the tanks hate is going away most likely, i'd go in SATA Hide Evisceration him. Next time i have TP my hide is probably still down so i'd go in and SA the mob get behind my tank then TA AC evisceration the tank. Just my imo though. I really dont think you need all that stuff in a macro to use at the start of the fight. Cause you can do all that stuff at the start but the tank still gonna loose some hate over time of the fight so you need to be able to help him keep his threshold.

I use this macro all the time, and even before the SE fix to wait timers, using script macro, as well as even having a gear swap in the macro with yet another <wait1> I never have issue with swinging in between waits. but I have been doing it for years so maybe just I have gotten the timing down.

I even use a blink macro with gear swap and no wait to WS moving targets with out loose tp with target lock and follow target functions. using blink me not.
By richwood 2011-03-14 19:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone can play ffxi, even my kids do sometimes. It is very hard to perfect finesse style playing and maximizing every ability, macro, piece of gear, timing, etc.

To me the enjoyment in the game from from these things. (*^.^*)
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-03-14 20:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
anyone can play ffxi, even my kids do sometimes. It is very hard to perfect finesse style playing and maximizing every ability, macro, piece of gear, timing, etc.

To me the enjoyment in the game from from these things. (*^.^*)

yes i agree when you get could at the timing you can pull it off on fairly regular basis but i can say from my experience on my xbox it was harder to due as my xbox tends to lag. Now on my PC its alot easier as the response is better and less lag. And yes its more enjoyable to play the game when you feel like you have become a master at the job you play.