Will SE Ever Make An FFXIV Strategy Guide?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Will SE ever make an FFXIV strategy guide?
Will SE ever make an FFXIV strategy guide?
 Valefor.Shinzagoon
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shinza
By Valefor.Shinzagoon 2011-03-08 04:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

I didn't know where to put this topic, so I'm submitting it to the Suggestions and the General sections.

Does anyone know if SE will ever make an official paperback strategy guide? Call me old-school, but I'm a huge fan of them and would be really excited to see one in the market. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I literally used the FFXI strategy guide as my bedtime stories; I used to carry that book anywhere and would read from it every time I went to bed, was waiting for the bus, was bored on a car, etc.

Times have changed and most things are now online. Players have proven that online resources tend to be updated regularly (FFXIclopedia, FFXIAH, etc) and MMORPGs in general change from day to day. However, an initial book containing the essential characteristics of the game would be a good starting point, I think.

Playing the devil's advocate, FFXIV is far from a finished product and I forsee huge changes in the battle systems, armory system, etc. But, that said, does anyone think a strategy guide is a possible future publication?

Let me know what you think.
 Alexander.Elkhorn
Server: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2011-03-09 02:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

REALLY!?!?!? somebody really asked this question.... go back to WoW. besides whats there to even make a guide about O.o? I believe brady or w/e made a guide for FFXI once. how long was it good for 2 weeks? and the Atlas what a week....? seriously shake the magic 8 ball of logic and realism I bet the anwser you will recieve is "*** No!"
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-03-09 04:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Elkhorn said:
REALLY!?!?!? somebody really asked this question.... go back to WoW. besides whats there to even make a guide about O.o? I believe brady or w/e made a guide for FFXI once. how long was it good for 2 weeks? and the Atlas what a week....? seriously shake the magic 8 ball of logic and realism I bet the anwser you will recieve is "*** No!"

You're a retard Elkhorn. He obviously likes reading strategy guides for games, even if they're not accurate, just like some people like reading the manuals etc. Don't be such a huge *** douche the next time. Also yes, I do see one coming out at some point but not anytime soon considering all the changes they're making.
[+]
By Petori 2011-03-09 05:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there will be one when there are plenty of content to write about. Maybe after an expansion or PS3 release.

Alexander.Elkhorn said:
REALLY!?!?!? somebody really asked this question.... go back to WoW.
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
go back to WoW.

I for one am tired of this. Why did you even bring WoW into this?
[+]
By Zenaku14 2011-03-09 08:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Petori said:
I think there will be one when there are plenty of content to write about. Maybe after an expansion or PS3 release.

Alexander.Elkhorn said:
REALLY!?!?!? somebody really asked this question.... go back to WoW.
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
go back to WoW.

I for one am tired of this. Why did you even bring WoW into this?

Because most ppl on FFXIPRO/FFXIAH are full of *** now and the mods seem not to do much about it.

About the guide i don't think SE would ever make one SE was alway about letting the players do everything but who knows go post that on the real website for FFXIV and maybe they would say something about it.
[+]
By Eclipse 2011-03-09 09:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they are fun, even if they have issues, I had mine from XI for many years, it was a keep sake of sorts. I remember looking in the armor listing and saying "I am going to wear that crimson armor one day" when I was barely level 10. Lol it wasn't accurate on that either but it was still neat. Better than those silly NA collectors items we got.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-03-09 11:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zenaku14 said:
Because most ppl on FFXIPRO/FFXIAH are full of *** now and the mods seem not to do much about it.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned a few times in the past, the admin/mods only step in when they're asked to, or when someone/something is horrendously "out of order" (say, posting several pictures of giant penises).

While people may not have liked Eklhorns opinion (and that's what it is), there's nothing actually wrong with it. Yes, it was a very douchey way of saying "I don't think so", but at the end of the day, there's nothing really there to get offended at.

Don't forget either, they have lives to attend to. While XIAH/XIVPro may be a well used community resource, the Admin/Mods keep their eyes on the board in their free time. Most of the costs for it are paid via Advertising or from their own pockets.

If you personally would like to sit and patrol the boards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, clicking "Report" on every "***" that posts, then feel free. Remember though, not everyone can afford that luxury.

And for the record, XIAH (I don't ever directly go to XIVPro, but I've clicked on a few threads from AH.com) doesn't have that many ***, most people are in fact well educated people who will give you a straight answer (which makes them sound like *** because most people can't handle things that aren't sugarcoated).
By Zenaku14 2011-03-09 19:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Zenaku14 said:

Pretty sure it's been mentioned a few times in the past, the admin/mods only step in when they're asked to, or when someone/something is horrendously "out of order" (say, posting several pictures of giant penises).

While people may not have liked Eklhorns opinion (and that's what it is), there's nothing actually wrong with it. Yes, it was a very douchey way of saying "I don't think so", but at the end of the day, there's nothing really there to get offended at.

Don't forget either, they have lives to attend to. While XIAH/XIVPro may be a well used community resource, the Admin/Mods keep their eyes on the board in their free time. Most of the costs for it are paid via Advertising or from their own pockets.

If you personally would like to sit and patrol the boards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, clicking "Report" on every "***" that posts, then feel free. Remember though, not everyone can afford that luxury.

And for the record, XIAH (I don't ever directly go to XIVPro, but I've clicked on a few threads from AH.com) doesn't have that many ***, most people are in fact well educated people who will give you a straight answer (which makes them sound like *** because most people can't handle things that aren't sugarcoated).

Many Website does it eorzea is one. Things here just get way to far and they know they can do it because noting going to happen to them. which i don't care but it's like dam this is what ffxi players become and i though wow fanbase was mess up.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [452 days between previous and next post]
By chrisinak 2012-06-03 23:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

we also had all the paperback guides we could get our hands on for ffxi, id love to see one for xiv =)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [470 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-17 01:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FF guides, I own a few and am happy of it even though they didn't realy bring me anything of value to my game experience. It's just one of those fan things.

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
the admin/mods only step in when they're asked to, or when someone/something is horrendously "out of order" (say, posting several pictures of giant penises).
Is it ok to post normal size ones? *googles*+

edit: I swear I didn't necro this <_< the one who did deleted their post...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-17 02:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It impresses me just how old a thread about XIV can be... It's sometimes hard to remember it's been "out" for nearly 3 years.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-17 09:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

On topic; I'd like to see an XIV Ultimania.
[+]
 Shiva.Kewitt
Server: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2013-09-18 01:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My hubby would buy it. OMG the guide he has... I've explain there is something called the internet. But he still likes having his guides.