Well I Am Baked.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Well I am baked.
Well I am baked.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 00:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:
Well, when you reply my specific post, and use the term, "you", it's not unreasonable to believe that you're talking to me, specifically.

Odd how some people can't understand that saying, "you" can actually be thought to mean, "you". 8)

Silvaria, unless I drank considerably more than the 6 beers I thought I had tonight, there are 5 posts between my post and your last post. I did not quote you, and I apologize if I did not make it clear I was making a general statement.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
If it didn't then why is it used as a medicine?
Don't take it there.. I mean even I know that's not exactly an argument.. (look at how many medicines are perscribed a year that 6 months to 2 years later end up being all over TV commericals "If you or your family member took <drug> and ended up *** a donkey while slitting your/their wrists, you may be entitled to compensation, call this number) but they'll just come back with the equivelant of "yeah in California" or some stupid ***..

Okay, Now I really got to go to bed.. I don't want to <_< but thanks to SOMEONE pointing it out that I should been in bed already, every minute I linger is every minute I'll pay.
 Asura.Silvaria
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

And you completely ignored the fact that it is MY body. Who gave you the authority to judge what I do with my body, Elanabelle?

Asura.Silvaria said:
Elanabelle, the funny thing is, I often agree with things you say. But when you're going to resort to ad hominems, and call me stupid for making personal choices about MY body, then we're going to part ways. I'm obviously not a stupid person, I simply choose to consume something that makes me feel good, and frankly, hasn't been shown to cause a high mortality rate.

But, judgmental is as judgmental does...have fun on your pedestal. 8)

Who said anything about judgment, and furthermore, who cares about judgment on this topic?
For the record, I never called you stupid, and frankly I don't think you're stupid. I do, however, think your choice to use pot is a stupid choice. Some would disagree, obviously including yourself, but in general, yes, the consensus is that smoking marijuana is a stupid choice. Big deal. That's the facts. Am I judging you? No, I couldn't care less.

Don't jump to conclusions. Telling someone one of his/her behaviors is stupid doesn't mean I'm calling you stupid (as in, you're an imbecile) in general. Peace.

Wow...calling someone's choice "stupid" IS judgmental. I truly fail to see how anyone can not recognize that.

Hm, maybe an example...if I tell a Christian they are "stupid" for believing in God, aren't I being judgmental?

Labeling someone's personal choice as stupid is -judging- that choice, and reaching a verdict, i.e., that it is stupid. I really don't know how else to explain that...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
Asura.Silvaria said:
Well, when you reply my specific post, and use the term, "you", it's not unreasonable to believe that you're talking to me, specifically.

Odd how some people can't understand that saying, "you" can actually be thought to mean, "you". 8)

Silvaria, unless I drank considerably more than the 6 beers I thought I had tonight, there are 5 posts between my post and your last post. I did not quote you, and I apologize if I did not make it clear I was making a general statement.

Fair enough. ^,^
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally like to relax after a long week

marijuana is more relaxing with less return effect than any other drug

feels good man...
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, well, I'm out of here for the night. Elana, as I said, we often agree on things, but if you refuse to see that labeling someone's personal choice as "stupid" is being judgmental, and in effect calling them stupid, then I don't know what else to say.

Take care. 8)
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-27 00:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i enjoy winding down without hurting my body!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
i enjoy winding down without hurting my body!

me too
[+]
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-02-27 01:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just trolling here.. but I see a lot of frustration brewing here.

we got the weed smokers (me) trying to justify themselves to the opposition, and the "opposition" trying to denigrate the practice.

usually the go to argument is that "stupid potheads" don't know what's good for them, maybe so.

If we're the stupid ones, why are you in a thread called "well I am baked" arguing with us?
[+]
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 01:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to Hit (just to make it clear), I only browsed the first 2 pages. I don't think anyone is really arguing, and I think Elana was just trying to point out that there are some negative consequences.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2011-02-27 01:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
In response to Hit (just to make it clear), I only browsed the first 2 pages. I don't think anyone is really arguing, and I think Elana was just trying to point out that there are some negative consequences.

Fair enough, but I think all of us in life are prone to our own bad habits, and try as we might, none of us will live forever. I'll consider buds to be one of my calculated risks, and sow the consequences when they arrive.

There are some positive things that come with weed though, many artists are inspired by its use. many... many.
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 01:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hit said:

Fair enough, but I think all of us in life are prone to our own bad habits, and try as we might, none of us will live forever. I'll consider buds to be on of my calculated risks, and sow the consequences when they arrive.

There are some positive things that come with weed though, many artists are inspired by its use. many... many.

I agree. I drink more than I should at times. I also used to smoke cigarettes, and it used to be a great stress reliever. One I wish I still could use, actually. It's something non-smokers wouldn't be able to understand.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 01:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I really doubt that whole Mensa thing, more so now than before..

The fact that burning organic materials produces toxins isn't exactly a well hidden fact or anything, yet a lowly pot head knows this but a Mensa member doesn't?

That's only one relevant example (there are plenty of others).

Maybe I wasn't making myself clear, or maybe you have a hard time understanding simple things (common among pot users), or maybe you mistakenly read everything I write as if I'm using a sarcastic tone (which I am often not). I'm not sure, but, yeah ...

I said:
You're right, burning organic material releases chemicals (duh?). Inhaling such chemicals directly causes cell death inside the respiratory system. Pot, like tobacco, happens to release some especially nasty toxic chemicals (Cyanide and Carbon Monoxide) in sufficient quantities to get your attention. Please don't try to play it off like pot is harmless because ALL plant matter releases some chemicals when burnt ... that's a ridiculous presumption.

I'll try to make it more plain for you:
Yes, I concurred that burning any organic material releases chemicals. I added "(duh?)" because anyone knows that (I really can't believe you're trying to play it off that you're really bright or well-informed because you know that).
However, trying to justify pot smoking with the argument that any ol' random plant material releases some chemicals when burnt is ridiculous.

Strawberries contain fructose. While some would argue that fructose consumption is harmful, it's generally ok to eat. Yew berries also contain fructose. Would you eat those?

Bake a few into your next batch of brownies to test your theory out. You won't be around to make a later reply to this thread after eating them though, I'm afraid.

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
I don't want to agree with Elanabelle, but they make some good points. The only thing they fail to mention is that marijuana also has good side effects. If it didn't then why is it used as a medicine? You could use the same points when talking about almost anything put inside your body. Everything has a negative, but failing to see the positive is just stupid.

They also seem to forget that there are so many other ways you can damage your lungs. I can't imagine it's any safer to drive down the highway with your windows rolled down, inhaling exhaust fumes as they blow in. If you've ever sat around a campfire and had the smoke blow into your face, you probably just inhaled more carbon monoxide than having a hit from your bong.

I don't think anyone here is trying to argue that marijuana is absolutely harmless, but they're making some really good points about marijuana being less harmful than other things out there.

You're absolutely right. Inhaling campfire smoke (or any smoke) is a pretty unhealthy thing to do.
And yes, marijuana is less harmful than many other vices. Hell, even I've said that in my posts here. It's less addictive than cigarettes. It's less likely to cause vehicular homicide than getting drunk off booze.

However, Trauma, there ARE some people here who are trying to argue that marijuana is harmless (at least, that's my assessment). It's those people who can only see things in black & white that I'm trying to reach. There's more than two categories out there (harmful and harmless), but some people either can only handle two categories, or choose to only accept two categories because it's easier to understand. You're not one of those simpletons, Trauma, and neither am I, but they are here.

I'm just trying to dispel the false reality these folks cling to.

Not as harmful as something more harmful ==/== harmless.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2011-02-27 01:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
Asura.Hit said:

Fair enough, but I think all of us in life are prone to our own bad habits, and try as we might, none of us will live forever. I'll consider buds to be on of my calculated risks, and sow the consequences when they arrive.

I agree. I drink more than I should at times. I also used to smoke cigarettes, and it used to be a great stress reliever. One I wish I still could use, actually. It's something non-smokers wouldn't be able to understand.

<understood> Well, like I said, I was just trollin. I said my piece I'll be on my way now. On a separate note, I find your avatar's gaze to be strangely soothing.. odd being as how I'm not even high right now.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 01:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

I never said Marijuana smoke wasn't harmful Elana. My point was "someone can't be against Marijuana smoke for that reason and not be against generic smoking." that would be ignorant.

Ahh, ok, now I catch your drift. Yes, I agree with you here.
Yes, if I was a chain-smoker (tobacco) and went on blabbing about the negative consequences of smoking pot ... yes, that would be ignorant and hypocritical.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 01:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:

Hm, maybe an example...if I tell a Christian they are "stupid" for believing in God, aren't I being judgmental?

Elana, as I said, we often agree on things, but if you refuse to see that labeling someone's personal choice as "stupid" is being judgmental, and in effect calling them stupid, then I don't know what else to say.

Take care. 8)

You're right, we do often agree on these boards. I hold you in positive regard, despite this current impasse.

To use your example above ... if someone called my religious beliefs (or more accurately, lack thereof) stupid, I would not jump to the conclusion that that person is calling me stupid.

I do however, recognize that many people, unfortunately (in my opinion) DO jump to that conclusion (especially in text format where body language and inflection are lost).

Sorry if I offended you. If so, it was certainly unintentional. That said, pot smoking is stupid! And if I'm being judgmental by saying that, so be it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 01:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
I don't think anyone is really arguing, and I think Elana was just trying to point out that there are some negative consequences.

Correct. I actually have *some* respect for people that smoke pot and fully acknowledge that it's unhealthy and potentially dangerous .. like "Hit" here.

My beef is with the potheads that have deluded themselves into believing that it's not harmful to smoke pot.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-27 02:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only counter argument i've seen so far is elanabelle's saying smoking pot is still harmful to your health.

However i don't see any evidence of it being more harmful than other legal things in any of your links.

There are many reasons i think pot should be legal.. biggest being if its legal

*The government can place standards on quality and production (make it safer <_<)

*The government can tax it

Other than that i dont see the huge deal.. usually the government is all about ways to make money taxing ***..

And i really do see the parallels to alcohol.. making that ***illegal just helps gangs and other outlaws profit off it.

On the other hand i wouldn't have a problem if certain employers didn't want to hire people who smoked pot for w/e reason.

But lets face it some jobs don't take a rocket scientists to perform..

"Would you like fries with that ??"
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-02-27 02:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said it once or twice here before, but i'll say it again.
My philosophy with virtually any "substance" is the same as this ancient German philosopher from the 1400s I think? Anyways, his quote was something along the lines of:

"Everything in this world is a poison. Too much of anything can be harmful to your person; but what matters most is the dosage."
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 02:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Only counter argument i've seen so far is elanabelle's saying smoking pot is still harmful to your health.

However i don't see any evidence of it being more harmful than other legal things in any of your links.

There are many reasons i think pot should be legal.. biggest being if its legal

I stated earlier that I'm neither a proponent for or against the legalization of pot. If push came to shove, I'd vote against it, but I really don't have strong feelings either way on the debate.

I also stated that my beef with pot users is that many of them subscribe to this philosophy: "well, it isn't as harmful or addictive as smoking tobacco cigarettes, so that must mean it's safe and harmless".

I have so much more respect for the pothead that knows the risks and understands the potential consequences ... compared to a pothead that spews ignorance and claims s/he "knows" it's harmless based on "research" or comparisons to tobacco cigarettes.

In my opinion, that logic is similar to this: "hmmmm, I know drinking gasoline is harmful to my health, and since that bottle of bleach doesn't contain any gasoline, it must be harmless, and it'll be ok for me to drink it."

[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-27 02:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well for anybody interested found a couple of decent links by googleing "Drug Policy"

here is a statement the white house put out concerning marijuana

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/dfc/files/impact_drug_legal.pdf

basically if they legalize marijuana would make legalizing other drugs easier and thats bad mmkay...

here is what im assuming (can't be bothered to research the source more) is a study California legislators used as part of deciding to legalize pot...

http://www.rand.org/pubs/testimonies/CT351.html

basically a look at economic impacts of legalizing pot and the effects of setting varying tax rates.

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-27 02:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
"Everything in this world is a poison. Too much of anything can be harmful to your person; but what matters most is the dosage."

I use a similar mantra. I've always lived by the "Pick your poison" saying. I decided smoking marijuana was going to be the lesser of 2 evils for me, and that's all I've ever done. I know it sounds crazy, but I've never been drunk. I've had small amounts of alcohol in candies and in the rum balls my mom bakes for christmas, but I've never drank a beer or had a shot.

I've also been offered slightly harder drugs, like doing Mushrooms or Salvia, but I've always turned them down. I don't need anything more than some good old THC. I guess you could say Marijuana is my anti-drug. :)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Server: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-02-27 03:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget to bring a towel!
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-27 03:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
it doesn't matter if YOU don't live with someone, other people have to put up with the inconciderate ***. im sick of smelling it. And im sure im not the only one.
Febreeze works wonders.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8