Well I Am Baked.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Well I am baked.
Well I am baked.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Wish I was baked ... I know there is no shortage of propaganda-spouting retards on this site who thinks drugs are the devil.. But *** them, I'm a proud pothead.

Proud pothead, eh?
I hope you're like 16 then.
Might be excusable in that case.

Listen up, homie. I don't think drugs are the devil ... but I guess that's because I don't believe in the devil.
I'll also preface this by saying I have no strong opinion either way on the debate about legalizing pot in the USA (although it will never happen).

For those of you that think marijuana is "not harmful", and especially those who think that you have "researched" pot and found it to be harmless ... you're very wrong. The toxins inhaled via pot smoking are plentiful and carcinogenic. These include ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and carbon monoxide.
Trust me, you don't want to be voluntarily breathing in those gases.
Most potheads I've met try to rationalize around this when they say "I don't smoke much anymore" (Have you ever met a pot-smoker who doesn't say that? lol). It's definitely true that marijuana isn't as addictive as tobacco cigarette smoking, due to the absence of nicotene. However, chronic frequent smoking of ANY type of smoke will cause damage to respiratory tissue in the lungs and bronchi. Whether or not this damage is reversible when a pot-smoker ceases smoking for a lengthy extended period of time is a matter of debate needing further research.

The other contentious point in studying the health effects of marijuana smoking concerns Anxiety Disorders . There is a documented positive correlation between pot-smokers and incidence of Anxiety Disorders (when compared to the incidence of Anxiety Disorders among non-pot-smokers). Some theorize that THC affects the brain's neurotransmitters in such a way that it *causes* Anxiety Disorders. Others argue that there is no cause-and-effect relationship, and rather, people who are prone to Anxiety Disorders (whether diagnosed or not) tend to be drawn to using pot for the euphoric effects.

In the end, it's your body, your lungs, your brain ... you do what you think is best. I just believe it's best to know the facts and make an informed decision, instead of a blind and ignorant decision.
The only thing I'll really reply to this, as most is just propaganda that you've learned to recite, is this..

All plant matter when burned produces thousands of chemicals. Look it up, there are no ways around that fact.. But there are ways around using Marijuana without all that, being a pot head doesn't mean you roll it in a joint or pack into a bowl and do bong hits.

I'm not the typical 'troll' around here, you're going to have try a bit harder. I'm fixing to go to bed, but by all means, come back with a reply and I will address it in full in the morning.

I've not "learned to recite" any of this, Slip. I gave you unbiased facts in that post. If you wanna label those facts as "propaganda" to make yourself feel better, go ahead I guess.
You're right, burning organic material releases chemicals (duh?). Inhaling such chemicals directly causes cell death inside the respiratory system. Pot, like tobacco, happens to release some especially nasty toxic chemicals (Cyanide and Carbon Monoxide) in sufficient quantities to get your attention. Please don't try to play it off like pot is harmless because ALL plant matter releases some chemicals when burnt ... that's a ridiculous presumption.
So, you say "being a pothead" doesn't mean you necessarily roll joints, pack bowls, or rip bong hits? Really? What are doing then? Eating "magic brownies" all the time? Seriously, has anyone ever met a pot user that doesn't smoke the stuff? Give me a break.

You can take what I've said and use it to make informed decisions. Or you can ignore it and pretend that pot smoking isn't harming your body and brain. Ignorance is bliss, after all, right?

*facepalm*

too much thought, no one cares

try harder Elanabelle
 Asura.Silvaria
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

when it reeks up the entire house, becuase you feel like getting high.. yea, it effects others too

I live alone, moot point.

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

I feel like walking down the street naked with a fully automatic rifle in my hands. its my body, its not hurting anyone else.

Apples and oranges. Pot is not a weapon used to kill people.

Spencyono said:
Feel free to do whatever the heck you want with your own body. You want to smoke pot? Stay the heck away from me because I don't want to smell your or be subjected to your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pseudo-intellectual thoughts. I'm not going to wait for you to smoke a 'J' before we leave to the bar, go to a friends, start the movie, etc. I'm not going to join your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE facebook crusade to have pot legalized, nor am I going to vote for it either.

I could care less what you think, frankly. I'm not trying to convince you to smoke, or join a crusade, or vote for it. Strawman logical fallacy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-27 00:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't matter if YOU don't live with someone, other people have to put up with the inconciderate ***. im sick of smelling it. And im sure im not the only one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 00:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:
Actually, all of the debate over how "bad" it is for you is an entirely moot point.

EVERYTHING to excess is bad for you: Sunshine, sugar, sodium, prescription drugs, fat, cholesterol, alcohol, and so on.

The REAL question here is, who are YOU to tell ME, as a grown woman, what I can and cannot put into my own body?

This is a tired and cliched refrain.
Just because tanning beds and McDonald's cheeseburgers are unhealthy doesn't validate your pot smoking. It's still stupid. For some people, the value of the "high" outweighs the stupid risk. Stupid is as stupid does.
Sorry.
Your advice about moderation, in anything, is valid, however.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I was baked ... I know there is no shortage of propaganda-spouting retards on this site who thinks drugs are the devil.. But *** them, I'm a proud pothead.

Proud pothead, eh?
I hope you're like 16 then.
Might be excusable in that case.

Listen up, homie. I don't think drugs are the devil ... but I guess that's because I don't believe in the devil.
I'll also preface this by saying I have no strong opinion either way on the debate about legalizing pot in the USA (although it will never happen).

For those of you that think marijuana is "not harmful", and especially those who think that you have "researched" pot and found it to be harmless ... you're very wrong. The toxins inhaled via pot smoking are plentiful and carcinogenic. These include ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, and carbon monoxide.
Trust me, you don't want to be voluntarily breathing in those gases.
Most potheads I've met try to rationalize around this when they say "I don't smoke much anymore" (Have you ever met a pot-smoker who doesn't say that? lol). It's definitely true that marijuana isn't as addictive as tobacco cigarette smoking, due to the absence of nicotene. However, chronic frequent smoking of ANY type of smoke will cause damage to respiratory tissue in the lungs and bronchi. Whether or not this damage is reversible when a pot-smoker ceases smoking for a lengthy extended period of time is a matter of debate needing further research.

The other contentious point in studying the health effects of marijuana smoking concerns Anxiety Disorders . There is a documented positive correlation between pot-smokers and incidence of Anxiety Disorders (when compared to the incidence of Anxiety Disorders among non-pot-smokers). Some theorize that THC affects the brain's neurotransmitters in such a way that it *causes* Anxiety Disorders. Others argue that there is no cause-and-effect relationship, and rather, people who are prone to Anxiety Disorders (whether diagnosed or not) tend to be drawn to using pot for the euphoric effects.

In the end, it's your body, your lungs, your brain ... you do what you think is best. I just believe it's best to know the facts and make an informed decision, instead of a blind and ignorant decision.
The only thing I'll really reply to this, as most is just propaganda that you've learned to recite, is this..

All plant matter when burned produces thousands of chemicals. Look it up, there are no ways around that fact.. But there are ways around using Marijuana without all that, being a pot head doesn't mean you roll it in a joint or pack into a bowl and do bong hits.

I'm not the typical 'troll' around here, you're going to have try a bit harder. I'm fixing to go to bed, but by all means, come back with a reply and I will address it in full in the morning.

I've not "learned to recite" any of this, Slip. I gave you unbiased facts in that post. If you wanna label those facts as "propaganda" to make yourself feel better, go ahead I guess.
You're right, burning organic material releases chemicals (duh?). Inhaling such chemicals directly causes cell death inside the respiratory system. Pot, like tobacco, happens to release some especially nasty toxic chemicals (Cyanide and Carbon Monoxide) in sufficient quantities to get your attention. Please don't try to play it off like pot is harmless because ALL plant matter releases some chemicals when burnt ... that's a ridiculous presumption.
So, you say "being a pothead" doesn't mean you necessarily roll joints, pack bowls, or rip bong hits? Really? What are you doing then? Eating "magic brownies" all the time? Seriously, has anyone ever met a pot user that doesn't smoke the stuff? Give me a break.

You can take what I've said and use it to make informed decisions. Or you can ignore it and pretend that pot smoking isn't harming your body and brain. Ignorance is bliss, after all, right?

*facepalm*
I'll address this more detailed in the morning, for now, I leave you this (since you seem to think that only a few plants cause toxic chemicals upon burning)

All organic matter, when burned releases toxins. Don't you worry, I'll spend the time to actually find the studies in the morning, I just felt the need to leave this here now.

The rest will be addressed in the morning. (Oh I picked that link because it has nothing at all to do with what we're talking about, just so I can't be accused of finding biased information.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 00:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:

too much thought, no one cares

try harder Elanabelle

Hmmm, yeah. God forbid one should actually use one's brain when writing something.

It's ok, Feifongwong, they have nice little padded rooms for folks like you. Once you find your way there, you'll feel better.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh as for "smelling it"

I'm willing to bet you are no innocent when it comes to that..

Fast food doesn't always smell good, neither does your ***, find a better argument than how inconsiderate it is for people to stink up the house with that ***. You stink it up as well.. You may not think so, because you are used to or even enjoy the smell, just like anyone who smokes weed is used to or enjoys the smell.

Unless you're stepping outside everytime you fart, eating outside, using paints (including fingernails) or VOC's outside, you are guilty of stinking up the house to others as well.. When you remove your smells from a house, then you can use the argument of them filling the house with stink.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
it doesn't matter if YOU don't live with someone, other people have to put up with the inconciderate ***. im sick of smelling it. And im sure im not the only one.

Then be an adult and handle it, rather than whining to the rest of us. When someone is doing something I don't like, I speak up. And if they won't stop, sometimes, you just have to "suck it up". That's life, deal with it.

This is a tired and cliched refrain.
Just because tanning beds and McDonald's cheeseburgers are unhealthy doesn't validate your pot smoking. It's still stupid. For some people, the value of the "high" outweighs the stupid risk. Stupid is as stupid does.
Sorry.
Your advice about moderation, in anything, is valid, however.

And you completely ignored the fact that it is MY body. Who gave you the authority to judge what I do with my body, Elanabelle?
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 00:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:

I could care less what you think, frankly. I'm not trying to convince you to smoke, or join a crusade, or vote for it. Strawman logical fallacy.

Hm? I was giving my stance on the subject of drug users, more specifically, pot smokers. I don't see what 'Strawman logical fallacies' have to do with it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Elanabelle, the funny thing is, I often agree with things you say. But when you're going to resort to ad hominems, and call me stupid for making personal choices about MY body, then we're going to part ways. I'm obviously not a stupid person, I simply choose to consume something that makes me feel good, and frankly, hasn't been shown to cause a high mortality rate.

But, judgmental is as judgmental does...have fun on your pedestal. 8)
[+]
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 00:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh as for "smelling it"

Fast food doesn't always smell good, neither does your ***, find a better argument than how inconsiderate it is for people to stink up the house with that ***. You stink it up as well.. You may not think so, because you are used to or even enjoy the smell, just like anyone who smokes weed is used to or enjoys the smell.

Is this in response to me?

As Vinvv will be quick to point out, everyone is a hypocrite in some form. I smell badly to other people, I'm sure.

Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-27 00:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
Oh as for "smelling it"

As Vinvv will be quick to point out, everyone is a hypocrite in some form. I smell badly to other people, I'm sure.

You smell good to me.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 00:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
It's funny seeing people try to advocate how bad smoking weed is for you when cigarette smoke is far more toxic medically if you're counting chemicals in the smoke. Plain ignorant

*headdesk*

Tobacco cigarette smoking is toxic and harmful.
Weed smoking is also toxic and harmful.
Just because tobacco cigarettes release MORE toxic/harmful chemicals than weed smoking (which is true) doesn't mean the junk released during weed smoking isn't toxic/harmful!

Do you seriously not get that?

Hmmm ... let's see, if I jump off this 100-foot high building, I'll probably splatter on the ground and die. So, if I jump off this 70-foot high building instead, I'll be ok?!?

Does that logic actually work in your head?
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-02-27 00:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Who cares if cigarettes are deadly and if weed is harmless or not? The whole argument is really centered about how the person doing the drug effects those around him. The thing to hold weed back wouldn't be if it caused the user cancer or harm so much as if it puts others at risk, directly, or more likely indirectly.

See the alcohol debate in the previous posts.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I had the link already slip in case someone played that exhausted card

meh
Thanks :) but I'm going a little passed Tobacco vs Marijuana atm.. I intend to prove it tomorrow.

All organic matter when burned, it doesn't matter whether it is a 'drug' or common grass, produces hundreds, even thousands of different compounds. I aim to show that yes, smoking Marijuana is far from healthy, but it is the act of smoking instead of ingesting it in healthier ways that actually makes it toxic.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
Oh as for "smelling it"

Nah that was to Rinssi.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:

Hm? I was giving my stance on the subject of drug users, more specifically, pot smokers. I don't see what 'Strawman logical fallacies' have to do with it.

Spencyono said:
Feel free to do whatever the heck you want with your own body. You want to smoke pot? Stay the heck away from me because I don't want to smell your or be subjected to your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pseudo-intellectual thoughts. I'm not going to wait for you to smoke a 'J' before we leave to the bar, go to a friends, start the movie, etc. I'm not going to join your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE facebook crusade to have pot legalized, nor am I going to vote for it either.

A "strawman" is creating an argument that wasn't brought up in the first place, and then arguing against it.

You replied to my post with a refusal to join "my" HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE FB crusade, or to vote for it. Since I never brought those things up in the first place, they were irrelevant.

I hope that helps.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
It's funny seeing people try to advocate how bad smoking weed is for you when cigarette smoke is far more toxic medically if you're counting chemicals in the smoke. Plain ignorant

*headdesk*

Just because tobacco cigarettes release MORE toxic/harmful chemicals than weed smoking (which is true) doesn't mean the junk released during weed smoking isn't toxic/harmful!

Hmmm ... let's see, if I jump off this 100-foot high building, I'll probably splatter on the ground and die. So, if I jump off this 70-foot high building instead, I'll be ok?!?

No and you're way off base.

Does this cliff make me feel good standing here? Yes it does. That is a closer comparison.

But feel to test your own theory elana... oh wait the mensa excuse?
By Spencyono 2011-02-27 00:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:

A "strawman" is creating an argument that wasn't brought up in the first place, and then arguing against it.

You replied to my post with a refusal to join "my" HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE FB crusade, or to vote for it. Since I never brought those things up in the first place, they were irrelevant.

I hope that helps.

The post was made in general, not in response to anything you said.

People are so quick to jump on someones case.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-27 00:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Slipispsycho's woman must be pissed he is still arguing on the interwebz.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, when you reply my specific post, and use the term, "you", it's not unreasonable to believe that you're talking to me, specifically.

Odd how some people can't understand that saying, "you" can actually be thought to mean, "you". 8)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt that whole Mensa thing, more so now than before..

The fact that burning organic materials produces toxins isn't exactly a well hidden fact or anything, yet a lowly pot head knows this but a Mensa member doesn't?

That's only one relevant example (there are plenty of others).
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spencyono said:
Asura.Silvaria said:

I hope that helps.

The post was made in general, not in response to anything you said.

People are so quick to jump on someones case.

listen good feeling dog Spence you should stop feeling good because i said so and if i don't these other bad guys will. freedom prevail ^^
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 00:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Slipispsycho's woman must be pissed he is still arguing on the interwebz still.
She's asleep!!!! Goddamn you. She stalks my posts and now she's going to see! Now I have to go and get in bed ; ;
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-27 00:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to agree with Elanabelle, but they make some good points. The only thing they fail to mention is that marijuana also has good side effects. If it didn't then why is it used as a medicine? You could use the same points when talking about almost anything put inside your body. Everything has a negative, but failing to see the positive is just stupid.

They also seem to forget that there are so many other ways you can damage your lungs. I can't imagine it's any safer to drive down the highway with your windows rolled down, inhaling exhaust fumes as they blow in. If you've ever sat around a campfire and had the smoke blow into your face, you probably just inhaled more carbon monoxide than having a hit from your bong.

I don't think anyone here is trying to argue that marijuana is absolutely harmless, but they're making some really good points about marijuana being less harmful than other things out there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-02-27 00:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

*headdesk*

No and you're way off base.

Does this cliff make me feel good standing here? Yes it does. That is a closer comparison.

But feel to test your own theory elana... oh wait the mensa excuse?

herp derp ban marijuana because elanabelle feels its the same as banning herpbacco
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-27 00:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvaria said:

And you completely ignored the fact that it is MY body. Who gave you the authority to judge what I do with my body, Elanabelle?

Asura.Silvaria said:
Elanabelle, the funny thing is, I often agree with things you say. But when you're going to resort to ad hominems, and call me stupid for making personal choices about MY body, then we're going to part ways. I'm obviously not a stupid person, I simply choose to consume something that makes me feel good, and frankly, hasn't been shown to cause a high mortality rate.

But, judgmental is as judgmental does...have fun on your pedestal. 8)

Who said anything about judgment, and furthermore, who cares about judgment on this topic?
For the record, I never called you stupid, and frankly I don't think you're stupid. I do, however, think your choice to use pot is a stupid choice. Some would disagree, obviously including yourself, but in general, yes, the consensus is that smoking marijuana is a stupid choice. Big deal. That's the facts. Am I judging you? No, I couldn't care less.

Don't jump to conclusions. Telling someone one of his/her behaviors is stupid doesn't mean I'm calling you stupid (as in, you're an imbecile) in general. Peace.
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-27 00:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
I don't want to agree with Elanabelle, but they make some good points. The only thing they fail to mention is that marijuana also has good side effects. If it didn't then why is it used as a medicine? You could use the same points when talking about almost anything put inside your body. Everything has a negative, but failing to see the positive is just stupid.

They also seem to forget that there are so many other ways you can damage your lungs. I can't imagine it's any safer to drive down the highway with your windows rolled down, inhaling exhaust fumes as they blow in. If you've ever sat around a campfire and had the smoke blow into your face, you probably just inhaled more carbon monoxide than having a hit from your bong.

I don't think anyone here is trying to argue that marijuana is absolutely harmless, but they're making some really good points about marijuana being less harmful than other things out there.

Not only that, but there are safe methods of consuming marijuana, that filters out the carcinogens. But, sometimes people get a thought entrenched in their minds, and no amount of logic or reason will budge it. *Shrug*
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8