Well I Am Baked.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Well I am baked.
Well I am baked.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-02-26 22:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been in a fight when I'm stoned, we just eat pizza and get along. Drinking on the other hand..

[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-26 22:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*** bugels needs more bagel bites
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-02-26 22:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is there even a stoner culture and an straight-edge culture? It sounds just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as GURL GAMERZ. Do people really lack that much self-worth that they have to glorify simple actions?

I like to blink my eyes. EYE BLINKERZ UNITE XDDDDD.
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2011-02-26 22:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Liandaru said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Wish I was.. I know there is no shortage of propaganda spouting retards on this site who thinks drugs are the devil.. But *** them, I'm a proud pothead.

I used to be one of those types. Then I was brought back from the dark side. Anyone who does any serious research on the subject knows it's really not that bad.

Same. Used to be soooo against it. Now I'm an occasional partaker.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-26 22:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dave's not here, man.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-26 22:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
*** bugels needs more bagel bites
pfft

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2011-02-26 22:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

D:
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-26 22:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If we lived in a world where there was no alcohol. But weed was still illegal...what would your argument for it being legal then?
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-02-26 22:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Why is there even a stoner culture and an straight-edge culture?
Just generic ignorance and spoon fed opinions like anything else we discuss lol and I'm part of it too, I used to be against all drugs blindly for the same reasons

That does make sense. I kinda feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for bringing it up, people just naturally want to feel in place. There's incredible oppression on all sides and it does feel good to unite under common circumstances, it really does help understanding as long as we're not all screaming "UR A FAGET" at each other.

I'm still standing by
Quote:
Do people really lack that much self-worth that they have to glorify simple actions?
though, now to just find a way to not make myself sound like an holier than thou ***.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Jynxy
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Grimix88
By Gilgamesh.Jynxy 2011-02-26 22:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell Yes!!!
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-02-26 22:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's similar to alcohol when speaking in terms of consequences. It depends on the person and how they handle said substance.

I've had friends who get so baked or wasted constantly that they've turned into unproductive potatoes.

On the other hand, I have friends/family who smoke pot and/or drink that know their limits and how to handle it when it's needed and they're some of the most intellectual individuals I know. Hell, my supervisor at work comes in baked off her *** almost every day and she's a great worker and student as well.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-26 22:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn...this thread makes me wish I had a bowl AND a pizza...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-26 22:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
If we lived in a world where there was no alcohol. But weed was still illegal...what would your argument for it being legal then?

Probably cigarettes, since they're a lot worse for your body.

If not cigarettes then religion. Religion kills more people than marijuana ever could.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-26 22:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Why is there even a stoner culture and an straight-edge culture? It sounds just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as GURL GAMERZ. Do people really lack that much self-worth that they have to glorify simple actions?

I like to blink my eyes. EYE BLINKERZ UNITE XDDDDD.

I am well aware high people are the easiest to troll but I will bite. I believe you are taking our thread far too seriously, though I will give you that straightedge people have a way with making everyone know how not high and not fun they are to be around
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-26 22:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Refer back to what I said earlier.

It wasn't illegalized because it took away from Government proceeds, or that it was dangerous to the public, it was illegalized because it was bringing Mexicans into the country and labeling Marijuana dangerous (by "showing negroes were raping white women and killing people in a fit of craze caused by Marijuana") gave them an excuse to be racists without facing any real political backlash.

The entire Government is built on ***, Marijuana being illegal is just another victim of that fact. There's an abundance of completely neutral data out there showing that it's not dangerous, and in fact there's even studies showing how it HELPS fight cancer, but it remains illegal.. Why? Because the Government and those in charge would rather still shovel ***rather than eat it.

There's my argument.

I dare you (or anyone) to prove me wrong. Why the word dare? Because that means you'll have to look through an abundance of data on the matter and you (or anyone else taking the dare) might actually find some facts in the matter.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Jynxy
By Gilgamesh.Jynxy 2011-02-26 23:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I remember being told that a major reason marijuana was illegalized was because hemp threatened to replace paper as a major commodity and logging companies didn't want that. I can't exactly remember where I heard that tho...
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-26 23:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it was my understanding that pot was outlawed because the paper, cotton, and pharmaceutical industries didn't want the competition from both marijuana and hemp, but I don't doubt that what you say was a factor, also.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-26 23:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Jynxy said:
Hmmm, I remember being told that a major reason marijuana was illegalized was because hemp threatened to replace paper as a major commodity and logging companies didn't want that. I can't exactly remember where I heard that tho...
That could be another reason, but if you actually start looking into the events and propaganda produced shortly before and shortly after Marijuana was actually made illegal in the US, it's not hard to figure out why. I'm by far not the first person to come to these conclusions, I only seek to spread word and truth.

I don't go out of my way to start these 'rants' but when something like this thread pops up, I won't hesitate.

If you want to still think/believe it's plague and all drugs should be gone from the Earth for all time or whatever, I'm fine with that.. I only ask that you actually look into it with a discerning eye. Cut through the ***, regardless of what side is spreading that ***. Form your own opinion based on your own interpretations, don't just become a parrot and repeat what you've heard.

As a matter of record, I will also call stoners on their propaganda. I just simply don't tolerate stupidity/ignorance.

The hemp industry could have very well been the 'final straw' but these thoughts were already going around. It could have very well been killing two birds with one stone, but from all that I've found, they did not want Mexicans in this country, and they used psychotic episodes (mostly among the black community as scapegoats).
 Asura.Silvaria
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-02-26 23:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Slip, you're very common sense, and your approach is usually more diplomatic than in-your-face. I enjoy your posts. 8)
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-02-26 23:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:

It would be smoking cigarettes is legal and it kills more people then alcohol.
 Gilgamesh.Jynxy
By Gilgamesh.Jynxy 2011-02-26 23:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Jynxy said:
That could be another reason, but if you actually start looking into the events and propaganda produced shortly before and shortly after Marijuana was actually made illegal in the US, it's not hard to figure out why. I'm by far not the first person to come to these conclusions, I only seek to spread word and truth.

I don't go out of my way to start these 'rants' but when something like this thread pops up, I won't hesitate.

If you want to still think/believe it's plague and all drugs should be gone from the Earth for all time or whatever, I'm fine with that.. I only ask that you actually look into it with a discerning eye. Cut through the ***, regardless of what side is spreading that ***. Form your own opinion based on your own interpretations, don't just become a parrot and repeat what you've heard.

As a matter of record, I will also call stoners on their propaganda. I just simply don't tolerate stupidity/ignorance.
Oh I'm gonna look into it, I'm kinda a geek about digging cover-up type things lol. Tho I wouldn't doubt that this was the case either.

Also, even tho I'm not a pot(anymore...) I'm still in favor of it being legalized, I think it'd do the country way more good being legalized(and taxed of course...) rather then keeping it illegal and having all these under the table dealings that have no paper trails.

My only fear about it being legalized is what companies would do to it when they sell it, I can see nicotine being added to make it addictive and that really wouldn't be what I would want from it>< I'm not sure how addictive tobacco is in it's pure form, but I doubt it's as bad as the stuff people by off the shelves. I rather just buy my own seeds in that scenario and grow my own(wait...isn't it legal to own the seeds?)

edit: That is if the main tobacco companies would be the ones distributing it*
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-26 23:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually don't go the cigarette route because almost no one uses it to get high.

But it's still an issue to be looked at.. Cigarettes (and tobacco in general) are an actual plague. The tobacco industry is the world's biggest drug dealer. Even a crack dealer wants his cusomters to live, the tobacco industry doesn't care because they know he will be replaced by many more. There are hidden tapes out there that caught tobacco industry meetings, they dismiss us as less than dogs, it's chilling to watch being a smoker (trying to quit now) myself.

Oh and you can stop worrying about the tobacco industry getting ahold of the rights to be the ones to sell it.. The growing industry in the US is already established.. All they can do is tax those who already grow it, or those who sell it. There of course will be companies to spring up and take up the niche left in the market to supply those who just simply don't care or don't want to grow it, but no matter what they did, they could never shut down the growers there already is, and nothing they could do to prevent it from growing larger.

It will be a people's crop, most likely any company who tries to be a supplier will fail. No one favors the generically grown crap that a corporation would produce. People cherish the love and care that is put into each and every plant that is grown by someone who knows what they're doing.

Think of it as wine.. There will always be the $2-3 dollar ***you can buy at a chain grocery store, but the market for the good stuff will always be there.
 Gilgamesh.Jynxy
By Gilgamesh.Jynxy 2011-02-26 23:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually don't go the cigarette route because almost no one uses it to get high.

But it's still an issue to be looked at.. Cigarettes (and tobacco in general) are an actual plague. The tobacco industry is the world's biggest drug dealer. Even a crack dealer wants his cusomters to live, the tobacco industry doesn't care because they know he will be replaced by many more. There are hidden tapes out there that caught tobacco industry meetings, they dismiss us as less than dogs, it's chilling to watch being a smoker (trying to quit now) myself.

This

Marijuana is relatively harmless now since nothing additional is being added to it's make-up. The moment it's legal to the general masses, it'll be another dollar for the tobacco companies(who for all we know are sitting on huge stashes of it waiting for it to be legalized) When I smoked pot I liked that I wasn't addicted to it, and that I could drop it if needed.

Perhaps another issue with it being legalized is how will the big wigs be able to control it...cause I know there has to be more people who realize what would happen if it were distributed as Cigarettes. How will the tobacco companies control the distribution when it is already being widely distributed? Lol idk I think I'm just sounding paranoid but legalizing marijuana can have some serious drawbacks as well...
 Gilgamesh.Jynxy
By Gilgamesh.Jynxy 2011-02-26 23:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were to be a peoples crop, then it's legalization would be a beautiful day indeed!
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-02-26 23:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spray paint is used to get high. It's far more dangerous.
Although it isn't the targeted use, it happens.
So they made it 18+, like cigarettes, I'd say it's far more likey to kill you than alcohol or cigarettes or marijuana.

Just saying.
 Carbuncle.Arona
Server: Carbuncle
user: Arona
By Carbuncle.Arona 2011-02-26 23:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm. Drug debates.

Chiming in as a pothead, I have to say that everything that Slip said is damn point on accurate. The only ones smoking weed were the Mexicans who pretty much introduced us to smoking it. The government wanted to crack down on the minorities and used legislation to criminalize its use, nothing more.

There is also information out there that says that other industries(mainly lumber, cotton and pharmaceuticals) that were losing business because of the utility of hemp. Non-THC hemp it actually one of the most useful plants known to man, yet it was also criminalized as it was part of the marijuana family.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-02-26 23:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if cigarettes are deadly and if weed is harmless or not? The whole argument is really centered about how the person doing the drug effects those around him. The thing to hold weed back wouldn't be if it caused the user cancer or harm so much as if it puts others at risk, directly, or more likely indirectly.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8