Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22321 22322 22323 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-12-04 20:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Can't imagine anyone playing for any reason other than nostalgia. Not XI itself but the 2000 vibe/look.
Its getting enough new players and curiosity that a leveling guide was recently published. Check my posts.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-12-04 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Paged so I found it myself!

/sticks her tongue out and goes bleah at you

Garuda.Chanti said: »
CBR published an XI leveling guide!!!

https://www.cbr.com/final-fantasy-xi-leveling-up-square-enix/

It ain't dead yet!!!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-04 21:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Can't imagine anyone playing for any reason other than nostalgia. Not XI itself but the 2000 vibe/look.
Its getting enough new players and curiosity that a leveling guide was recently published. Check my posts.

And kids eat(ate) tide pods. Not really a measure of anything lol.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-04 23:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And kids eat(ate) tide pods. Not really a measure of anything lol.
"New players" contradicts the idea that nostalgia is the only reason anyone plays this game. Even if there's no other proof, I've seen enough people on their run from Final Fantasy I thru XV continue playing XI after they said they were going to stop.

A lot of the streamers who don't just skip XI just say they plan on beating the Shadow Lord and stopping there, but then they like the game so much that they keep going. Some of them move on, but then make XI their "off day" game while they move their marathon onto XII.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-05 01:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe, went and killed Jailer of Fortitude and then Jailer of Justice.

I feel very ritzy with these two swords on.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-12-05 02:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, time and time i feel the urge to play basically because i like the gear grinding and the battle system of FFXI.

Nostalgia, not so much. The age i really loved every aspect of FFXI id gone forever, its silly wanting to come back to a place it didnt exist anymore, and will never come back
By Pantafernando 2022-12-05 02:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

So cruel.

They had a wife, and kids, family…

But you just… just…
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-05 02:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

So cruel.

They had a wife, and kids, family…

But you just… just…
They brought their family with them to the fight, and I killed them too. No mercy!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-05 07:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Real talk though, Jailer of Justice was kinda spooky. After a point I wasn't getting TP fast enough to Savage Blade each add, and there was a point where I got Mijin'd, and then there were still like 4 adds up just vibing.

Fortunately there were no more Mijins.

Jailer of Fortitude I killed with pretty much Enspells and patience.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-05 08:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Personally, time and time i feel the urge to play basically because i like the gear grinding and the battle system of FFXI.
A lot of people won't even give XI the time of day because the barrier to entry is absolutely massive. You have to wade through the gatekeepers, you have to defeat the sign-up and installation process, you have to figure out the configuration and tab-targeting system. And at the end of the day, it spits you out with no direction as a crappy, level 1 adventurer with nothing.

But if you already know what's coming (nostalgia) or are willing to give it even just a few hours, you'll know why people have been playing this game for 20 years. Whenever you complete something, it feels accomplishing and tangible. You're not just beating quests in an attempt to clean your plate, you're seeking them out to make progress on your character. It's not just another +200 EXP, it's: unlocking your mount, uncapping your level (for this and all subsequent jobs!), accessing a new area, giving you an extra trust, allowing you to look like your job, and so on.

It feels accomplishing because you had an obstacle in the way, you sought out the means to overcome it, and then you succeeded. You weren't railroaded to do it by the will of the game, it was all you. And now it's a permanent feather in your cap. So if you're playing a different job or a different story, it's a smoother process next time - and your brain acknowledges that.

That's why these streamers that make it up as far as the Shadow Lord aren't just abandoning it at that point. Every game nowadays has a passable story and "fantastic soundtrack". But not enough games (and certainly not massively-multiplayer online games) give you that feeling.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-05 08:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They removed truman show from HBO Max, and a few movies from Disney. Idk if the streaming services have to share movies after x amount of time but where are they!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-12-05 09:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
A lot of people won't even give XI the time of day because the barrier to entry is absolutely massive. You have to wade through the gatekeepers, you have to defeat the sign-up and installation process,
Every now and then when there is a call back campaign I try to log in again.

That quest absolutely stops me cold and I have a squenix account ....
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-12-05 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure why people like so much to hurt the others.

But i know i wont stand there to being hurt.

I got better things to do than hearing this pile of ***.
By Pantafernando 2022-12-05 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just now i noticed, we are at page 22322 in RT.

That is the same number if the order was reverted.

Plus in that numere, there is 1 3 and 4 2s, and 5 number in total.

Do you know what this mean???
By Pantafernando 2022-12-05 15:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing!
By Pantafernando 2022-12-05 16:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, looking only the story of BoF Dragon Quarter….

Its as amazing as its short and i feel so much was left undone in the end.

I guess the atmosphere of it is unique, i really feel the desperation, the desolation in every scene.

Also, i loved this Ryu, he defying the world for a mere chance of seeing the sky, even risking the life.

I wish i could enjoy the game more, without this SOL ***.

Oh, well… next game i guuess
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-06 05:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurgh I have to go vote in the run off today.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-12-06 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

ETNZ has a side project going alongside their foiling monohull development for The Cup in 2024.....if it moves via Wind, they're interested.

Just a little less than 3km/hr off the wind-powered land speed record a few days ago on Lake Gairdner in South Australia where in 20 knots of wind, they were able to top 200km/hr.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-06 20:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot that Crisis Core comes out next week
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-12-06 20:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Wonder if it will purely be a Remake or if there will be something more to it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-06 21:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

At the very least I anticipate the ending to change
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-06 23:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been waiting for it, exciting.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2022-12-06 23:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there'll be any changes to the existing story, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added a new cutscene right at the end to tease or tie in to Rebirth somehow.
I wouldn't mind some new side missions either. Let Zack fight the Crab Warden or Hell House. \('~')/
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-12-06 23:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I'm annoyed that Best Buy ran out of steelbook cases for the preorders so fast, but I'll get the game anyway.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-07 01:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Never cared much for the FFVII expanded universe.
By Draylo 2022-12-07 01:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I really loved playing the original, was a lot of fun. I really hate this new voice actor for Zack tho, its so bad. Its like a fan doing the voice over.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-07 07:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched friends play Final Fantasy VI, VII, and VIII. I didn't have a Super Nintendo nor PlayStation, but I did have friends who did. One friend had FF Tactics and gave me one character to choose what actions to do and how to level them up and stuff, which was a great way to ease me into an otherwise very heavy game and is likely why I like it so much.

But I didn't start playing the franchise myself until I got a PlayStation 2. My first game of course being Tactics (thank you, backwards-compatibility!) and then my first real entry to the series was X.

I guess my point is... I don't really have any particular memories of VII, and by extension any big draw towards its universe. I may have mentioned before, but for the longest time whenever someone said the name "Cloud" my mind envisioned Lakitu from Mario. >_>;
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-12-07 09:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FF7 was maybe my second RPG. I think my first one was Super Mario RPG.

I remember once i brought my PSX with FF7 to play with a friend. That day i was kinda enthusiastic to show the game, then i noticed a very important characteristic i hadnt before: RPGs tend to be a solo game, even more at that time, so it really didnt have any point playing FF7 with a friend.

Second important characteristic i learned that day was when mu friend got bored to death with me playing FF7. Then, i understood RPG wasnt that universal genre to play like fighting or racing.

After that, i convinced myself that RPG was kinda niche, kinda cult genre at that time. Only many years after that i recognize RPG as a mainstream genre.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2022-12-07 10:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've loved it for the most part.
Before Crisis is the only one I don't really care for, because it sounds like completely batshit fanfiction.
But maybe I only feel that way because it only ever released in Japanese; maybe actually experiencing it properly would fill in some gaps here or there that make it worthwhile. I dunno.
At least Remake took some of the AVALANCHE backstory from it that wasn't insane and put it to good use.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2022-12-07 17:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2022 Game Awards released their full list of nominees. The ceremony is tomorrow I believe.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22321 22322 22323 ... 22553 22554 22555