Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22312 22313 22314 ... 22565 22566 22567
By Viciouss 2022-11-22 12:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Hot take: It should be a common courtesy to apologize if you take someone down when Charmed.

I used to apologize in advance before the Trueflight hit. Totally insincere, every time.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-11-22 12:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i bought a smart watch for black viernes, supposedly i shouldn't be allergic to it since the samsoup 4 watch comes in titanium... i used to like wearing watches and stuff so hopefully it'll be nice

the amount of disregard for peeps with nickel allergies is disconcerting :I
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-22 12:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Hot take: It should be a common courtesy to take someone down when Charmed.

lol, some of the biggest drama I have seen in this game is for this very concept...
Do you lose EP if you die charmed?
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-11-22 14:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
i bought a smart watch for black viernes, supposedly i shouldn't be allergic to it since the samsoup 4 watch comes in titanium... i used to like wearing watches and stuff so hopefully it'll be nice

Are you sure you aren’t just allergic to stainless steel? My wife is and it’a a nickel alloy.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-11-22 15:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well stainless steel has nickel
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

Are you sure you aren’t just allergic to stainless steel? My wife is and it’a a nickel alloy.
i'm confused, if i'm allergic to nickel, wouldn't i be allergic to a nickel alloy as well?

i'm allergic to nickel, even if really small percentage (stainless steel), it's a pretty common allergy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-22 15:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Are those the same people who post scoreboard results every 5 min just to show everyone how they're dominating the parse?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-11-22 18:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm confused, if i'm allergic to nickel, wouldn't i be allergic to a nickel alloy as well?

i'm allergic to nickel, even if really small percentage (stainless steel), it's a pretty common allergy

The amount of disregard for people with any allergy is disconcerting, really. My wife has a couple food allergies (fairly common ones) and you would expect people in the restaurant industry to have a clue what they put into their food, but apparently you can't take their word for it. At least packaged food tends to be more regulated.

At any rate, it's good to know that metal allergies are a point of contention as well, because they don't get as much attention. Hopefully we get to a point where common allergens of any sort are clearly labeled and not added unnecessarily to things that don't really need them.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-22 19:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I despise scalpers so much! The pre orders for SHF vegeta/trunks go up on those japanese sites and they sold out in seconds. Now only available on NA retailers for a hiked price and two month later shipping window. These look so nice too :(

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-22 19:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"His clouded eyes see only the shape of souls. Where your heart is the sun and your shame casts the shadow."

sick
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2022-11-23 03:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I despise scalpers so much! The pre orders for SHF vegeta/trunks go up on those japanese sites and they sold out in seconds. Now only available on NA retailers for a hiked price and two month later shipping window. These look so nice too :(

This is one of the reasons companies have started increasing prices so much, Square merch for example.

If they sell a shirt for $20, scalpers will try to immediately buy literally all the stock (since this stuff is always limited runs) to resell because people are going to be willing to spend $30-40 for that shirt on ebay. This means legit buyers won't be able to buy the shirt from the store at all because it will be sold out almost right away.

However if they sell the shirt from the store for $40, scalpers are going to be far less likely to buy them, because after markup who will pay $60 for a shirt. Not many, so it's less worth doing.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-23 08:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Netflix dropped the whole Wednesday series today. In one go, that's nice. No waiting two months, just one binge sesh.
By Viciouss 2022-11-23 12:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Andor wrapped up season 1 today, best show on Disney+ by far. Top 5 star wars content. No Jedi, no Force sensitive crap, just an armed revolution against an Empire.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-23 16:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I never realized just how little Fafnir resists magic damage.

Solo'd with Trusts at 75, and hit a MB 1897 Water III, closer to 2k on Thunder IIIs. On RDM. Yeehaw. And Enthunder was hitting 10% harder than normal on Lightsday.

Was a near thing, didn't manage to get Tank trust on front paw, so Dragon Breath was a huge MP sink. No Ridill, but go figure.

Also pleased to say that Goublefaupe is only mildly more dangerous than a level 95 Hydra Corps PLD. Got my Attestation of Glory. Mwahahahaha.
By Draylo 2022-11-23 17:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol some of these pokemon glitches are too funny

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-23 17:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Adam Ruining Everything without the show "adam ruins everything"

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-23 19:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you ever have so many games to play you get choice paralysis and just sit there doing nothing instead
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-23 19:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens to everyone. Too many choices. Movies, tv shows, games.

I'm so far behind in consumer zombie media consumption.

I hadnt watched She Hulk, or Andor, or Wednesday, or the periphery, or the Rings of Power, or The Winchesters, or Titans season 4, Or Chucky season 2, Any of the new Star Trek stuff
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-23 20:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
you ever have so many games to play you get choice paralysis and just sit there doing nothing instead
All the time :/

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Happens to everyone. Too many choices. Movies, tv shows, games.

I'm so far behind in consumer zombie media consumption.

I hadnt watched She Hulk, or Andor, or Wednesday, or the periphery, or the Rings of Power, or The Winchesters, or Titans season 4, Or Chucky season 2, Any of the new Star Trek stuff
It all feels like an obligation now. Pretty much anything that takes place in an expanded universe has officially lost all of my interest. I find it exhausting, frankly.

You have to watch this show to understand this movie, but you can't watch that show until you've caught up on episodes 1 thru 78 of this other show because it leads into it and you'll be missing out if you don't.

To date, he Marvel Cinematic Universe alone is 108 hours long.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-23 20:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Netflix dropped the whole Wednesday series today. In one go, that's nice. No waiting two months, just one binge sesh.
You'll have to let us know what you think. I'm slightly interested in it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-11-23 20:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. XIV only.

Despite the fact that I don't watch TV and we don't have netflix, I find I am interested in it too.

I grew up with the New Yorker and the comics. The evolution of the characters through TV and movies is fascinating.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-11-23 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

The amount of disregard for people with any allergy is disconcerting, really. My wife has a couple food allergies (fairly common ones) and you would expect people in the restaurant industry to have a clue what they put into their food, but apparently you can't take their word for it. At least packaged food tends to be more regulated.

At any rate, it's good to know that metal allergies are a point of contention as well, because they don't get as much attention. Hopefully we get to a point where common allergens of any sort are clearly labeled and not added unnecessarily to things that don't really need them.
Yeah carrots allergy is way more common than I expected. I grew up in a mining town at the North Pole and it was one of the biggest nickel sources on the continent, you would think there would be a lot more awareness locally.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-24 01:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a good copy via COR means that I'll be downloading overnight tonight. I'll be watching it tomorrow since I'm in quarantine still and can't do family stuff.

Also, I still want this to happen:

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-24 05:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't often get decision paralysis myself, but I do often reach a point where even though I've been enjoying one game or several, nothing strikes my fancy even though I want to game.

So I sit around whittling the hours away with videos or music, waiting to feel the desire to play take back over.

It's like... not choice but desire paralysis I guess? Like, I perfectly well know what I want to play and I want to play it, but I don't wanna play it bad enough to turn it on/can't mentally bring myself to turn it on.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-24 07:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I def feel like that too. Maybe as a society we just getting oversaturated with things or it's something that comes with age. I've been finding myself wanting to just choose the simple option, so usually just youtube lol.

Having to actually do something can feel like this at times:

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-24 07:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I def feel like that too. Maybe as a society we just getting oversaturated with things or it's something that comes with age. I've been finding myself wanting to just choose the simple option, so usually just youtube lol.
YouTube is my fall-back as well. It's good for when I don't have time to really log in to XI to get something productive done or something.

My cycle is kind of like this:
1. Want to play a game
2. Feel obligated to finish a game in which I've stopped halfway through
3. Lose desire to play said game because now it feels like a chore
4. Pick up a different game and play it halfway through
5. Repeat...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-24 08:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens a lot with me, but not with games, but with work.

So many issues coming at my desk that when i finish one, im not even sure whats next.

For games, though, i somehow became very selective with what to play and what to watch.

Normally, i just invest the time in something thats publicly well recrnded
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-11-24 09:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah carrots allergy is way more common than I expected. I grew up in a mining town at the North Pole and it was one of the biggest nickel sources on the continent, you would think there would be a lot more awareness locally.
git edjamacated, nerd! jk

just thankful it's that and not some food allergy like raevels wife, where it can be (assumingly) uhh... terminal
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-24 10:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never forget this time back in high school where as a class we were discussing food allergies. Our teacher made a really distasteful joke about the one overweight kid, saying something along the lines of "Now there's someone who definitely isn't allergic to food!"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22312 22313 22314 ... 22565 22566 22567