Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22311 22312 22313 ... 22567 22568 22569
By Pantafernando 2022-11-21 17:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Youtube premium price is rising... what else is left to raise their price

FFXI
By Pantafernando 2022-11-21 17:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-21 17:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to give a quick special shout-out to this one streamer I found recently. She's doing the "Final Fantasy thru 15" marathon as so many people are doing right now in anticipation of 16, but this one isn't skipping XI.

Moreover, she seems to genuinely enjoy the game. Some folks were giving her hints to use Unity Warps and stuff and her response was "But then how will I learn where I'm going?"
She's actually playing kind of how I play: trying to make progress, but not really in any major hurry to race to Lv.99 and tear through the story.

She asks for help (and actually listens when Chat responds), but doesn't always want help because she wants to make mistakes so she can learn from them.

A true Vana'dielian. Go check out CritFailWithAdvantage ^^
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-11-21 18:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Youtube premium price is rising... what else is left to raise their price
Unsubscribe.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-21 18:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've almost never seen that old addage "vote with your wallet" work before on literally anything. Modern day these big companies can charge whatever they want within reason.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-11-21 18:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

my toes are cold
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-21 18:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Voting with your wallet never works on anything, you're always outnumbered by morons.

It can only work with educated consumers, which appear to have gone nearly extinct. Mindless consumers driven only by shiney objects and jealousy.

(Clarity note) It kind of used to work, but locally. That's what it means. If your local store couldn't sell a thing they wouldn't carry it, so you could get them to alter their stock by coming in and always getting it. But now, a *** can just go on amazon and get it same day shipped to anywhere on earth so there is no incentive to keep prices "fair" or make things people needs but aren't valuable enough.

More people with more access means less voting power.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-21 18:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've almost never seen that old addage "vote with your wallet" work before on literally anything. Modern day these big companies can charge whatever they want within reason.

pretty much. basically ends up just being something that inconveniences yourself and has no impact cause there's plenty of (((customers))) still willing

for example

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-11-21 20:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed.
By Draylo 2022-11-21 20:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There are limits. If youtube came and said hey guys we are raising the price to 200 a month, thanks for your support. Theres no way people would stand for it. But raising it from 17.99 to 22.99 most wont care enough to do anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-21 20:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they can't just make it a grand. Raise it a dollar every 6 months or whatever.

You keep saying, well it's just another dollar, forgetting that it was just another dollar, ten dollars ago.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-21 21:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly have a hard time believing anyone is paying for that service in the first place.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-21 21:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people pay for it. One subscription for access to music and 'content streaming', lot of people watch youtube on their phones/tvs and don't have the knowhow to set up raspberry pi network wide ad blockers, etc.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-11-21 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I honestly have a hard time believing anyone is paying for that service in the first place.
It’s been exceptional value for family plan, I buy for 5 adults in my house and all logged in unlimited devices for music/video and auto downloads if not wanting to stream on a phone while commuting etc

The no ads across all devices saves a lot of time even for the 65+ year old father in law.

They told me Nov 1st price was going up but Nov 15th I got charged the same 17.99 family plan rate so idk.
By Afania 2022-11-21 22:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the world of crazy inflation. YouTube is a company of 2800 employee, if everyone's salary is increasing, the operational cost will increase too, that affects the service price.

This applies to every single company. Everyone will try to increase the service price OR lower the service quality to survive.
By kishr 2022-11-21 22:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

22$ is like a half hour wage for me.
covers the whole month and saves me hours of ads a month.
half a day's wage covers a whole year of crysta.
people complain too easy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2022-11-21 23:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Mindless consumers driven only by shiny objects and jealousy.

This is how they want it to be. achieve economic growth
and win votes from people wanting jobs and money.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-22 00:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
22$ is like a half hour wage for me.
covers the whole month and saves me hours of ads a month.
half a day's wage covers a whole year of crysta.
people complain too easy.

yep. i keep youtube videos on the TV most of the time and not having an ad break every 2 minutes is worth the minor investment.
By Draylo 2022-11-22 00:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I sub for no ads on my TVs and phones with the family plan. Even tho almost every single youtuber has a sponsored ad anyway..
By Pantafernando 2022-11-22 00:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
auto downloads

Ow gosh...

And I recently payed for a piece of software that makes download of content from youtube anc convert it to mp3/mp4 etc.

TBF, majority of my entertainement and a good part of my education nowaday comes from Youtube, so it would be nice from me supporting them, for allow those contents to come to me and never again look to that piece of crap brainwashing machine called television... At least with youtube i can choose who will brainwash me, and what flavor that brainwash gonna be.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-22 01:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
At least with youtube i can choose who will brainwash me, and what flavor that brainwash gonna be.

this right here is why i prefer youtube. couldnt care less about 99% of modern tv and movies, on youtube i can choose what kind of drivel i beam directly into my eyeballs and it is pretty good at suggesting me more stuff that I actually like
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-22 02:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Youtube up to a point. Like, I've rented a ton of movies on there that I can't find in other places, like Silver Bullet.

But some days there's just nothing I like even from channels I've subscribed to, and one can only rewatch old vids so many times lol.

But yeah, I guess it largely replaced TV for me too, though that's mainly because where I live I can't get cable, and the satellite stopped working upstairs where I spend all of my time at home.
By Thunderjet 2022-11-22 06:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so *** happy today *** messi in a good way congrat saudi
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-22 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot take: It should be a common courtesy to apologize if you take someone down when Charmed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-11-22 11:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot take: It should be a common courtesy to take someone down when Charmed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-22 11:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt someone make a lua addon that would automatically leaden salute a charmed person?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-11-22 11:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

lol, some of the biggest drama I have seen in this game is for this very concept...
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-22 11:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »

lol, some of the biggest drama I have seen in this game is for this very concept...

I've started aspiring charmed tanks in dyna-D instead of killing them. The fun is that it infuriates them almost more, but the rest of the party/alliance isn't nearly against me as killing them used to result in^^
[+]
By Afania 2022-11-22 12:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Didnt someone make a lua addon that would automatically leaden salute a charmed person?

Last time when somebody killed me charmed, I fell in love. </3
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22311 22312 22313 ... 22567 22568 22569