Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22240 22241 22242 ... 22571 22572 22573
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-29 12:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you know, hospital food has severely improved since my last stay. Probably a bit lucky on my part for being here due to a reason that comes with zero dietary restrictions, but I gotta admit this omelette is on point.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-29 15:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The +1 has higher DEF though
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-29 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
you know, hospital food has severely improved since my last stay. Probably a bit lucky on my part for being here due to a reason that comes with zero dietary restrictions, but I gotta admit this omelette is on point.
It really has. If you get it.

That's why they invented drive by (day) surgery, so they don't have to feed you.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-29 18:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
It really has. If you get it.

That's why they invented drive by (day) surgery, so they don't have to feed you.
Well, a brain bleed is one helluva way to get a 3,000/night hotel room, what can I say^^

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
The +1 has higher DEF though
and has twice the duration!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-06-29 19:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Love random stuff like this, but at 1,200 dollars...

"l i t t l e.... m o n e y"

first off... link.

second. does it have delita sneaking out the back on a choco?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-06-29 19:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm found it. looks like they have a few diff sizes. only the largest is 1,200.

*edit* dear lord

[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-29 19:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

*edit* dear lord

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-29 19:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*edit* dear lord

There are clearly two Vana'diels.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2022-06-29 21:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2022-06-29 21:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, a season pass for a game that bombed? No thanks.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-29 23:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaron Sorkin is still a *** genius. Definitely verges toward the sappy and sweet a little too much, but he's brilliant.

Rewatching "The Newsroom"- 10 years old and might as well have been made this past week.
By Draylo 2022-06-30 00:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Love random stuff like this, but at 1,200 dollars...

"l i t t l e.... m o n e y"

first off... link.

second. does it have delita sneaking out the back on a choco?

Ahh i didn't see the other sizes, nice. I just saw it recommended

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1237341023/orbonne-monastery-final-fantasy-tactics
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-06-30 01:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

they have a few different scenes. if there was one from the waterfall stage i might actually consider it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-06-30 11:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Those FFVII girls statue is like something outta Rule 34. They got *** implants like Nicki Minaj.

Been trying to get a new job since May. No dice. Starting to feel mental anguish at not making money. Still have plenty in the bank, but blurgh.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-30 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Best of luck, Vyre. What kind of job are you looking for?
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-30 13:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a job is tough. Looking for one starting in May/June can be agony in some fields, since most places are looking for students they can give 10 hrs a week to for 12 cents a day for the next few months, as opposed to hiring someone perma.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-30 14:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a job is tough. Looking for one starting in May/June can be agony in some fields, since most places are looking for students they can give 10 hrs a week to for 12 cents a day for the next few months, as opposed to hiring someone perma.
I tried convincing my last boss to do that. When I was in college, finding a structural engineering-related co-op position was almost impossible, so most people ended up doing crap like lot grading. You pay $10 an hour to fill a (normally $20/hr) seat during the busy months, then they go back to school.

The student gets their hours and a bit of grocery money, the truss plant gets an employee that tries hard and wants to be there, and then both part ways when things slow down. Truly a win-win.

But that boss was so cheap he wouldn't even do that. He'd sooner see how far he could push his employees' tolerance for unpaid overtime in the busy months, then slash their pay if there was even a tiny sign of slowing down.
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-30 14:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

But that boss was so cheap he wouldn't even do that. He'd sooner see how far he could push his employees' tolerance for unpaid overtime in the busy months, then slash their pay if there was even a tiny sign of slowing down.

lol that's a sweet way for the boss to learn about work-to-rule in a quick hurry. At least here it would turn to that soooo fast.
ie: My shift is 9 til 5. You're not offering OT pay? At 5pm we clock out no matter what.
Home building company I worked for, that ended up happening in.... wait for iiiiiit.... the truss department! They then tried firing one of them, which turned into lots of people threatening to walk. Which turned into "Oh sh*t, we'll hire the guy back and pay you guys properly!"
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-30 14:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

omg I just tried looking the company up, decided to check out their FB page since they linked to it on the main page... wow.
Ok, so they have a bunch of photos from in there, taken like B-Roll action shots like "Let's get a generic picture of a guy hammering something" etc
Even some uploaded as recently as 2020 as Timeline photos. 2 of the people in them died in like 2010 or so. That was a yikes seeing that.

edit: I worked there from 2002 til 2008. One of the guys in the timeline photos was my buddy's stepdad who I know died in the summer of 2010
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-30 15:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that's a sweet way for the boss to learn about work-to-rule in a quick hurry. At least here it would turn to that soooo fast.
ie: My shift is 9 til 5. You're not offering OT pay? At 5pm we clock out no matter what.
I tried getting my co-workers to revolt. We were hired as salary with the idea that we'd put in unpaid overtime if we were busy, but then could take paid time off when things slowed down. A couple of years before I started they had 14 designers, so that idea worked really well. But then it went under new management. He hired me and then just altogether stopped, never replacing other designers as they dropped off. That meant that our "dead slow" was still 40-hour weeks, but busy summers were slave labour. He had 5 designers doing the work of 14.

What really boiled my blood was one winter he actually cut our pay. But things never slowed down, so we were getting paid 32 hours but still working 40. Suuuuuuper illegal. I rallied my fellow designers to revolt, and we had this awesome game plan. But when it came time to make demands, every single one of them wussed out. Knowing it was an unwinnable battle, I quit.

And I'm so glad I did too. The place I work at now is paying me almost twice as much, plus overtime as necessary. They actually give a crap about their designers.
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-30 16:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I got moved from design to order desk. Which to them was a step up. To me it was a slap in the face since you basically become every salesperson's ***, plus have to deal with all the randoms. The one who held the position previously was earning commission on the walk-in customers, or the random phone call ones. That wasn't going to be extended to me. Thrown into the new spot with no training of how the sales system worked, lead times for all the different departments (Though Door Shop was cool, they gave me a nice run down and even made cheat sheets for item codes) I was super stressed. Dreaded seeing the phone even ring knowing I had a 90% chance of not knowing how to deal with it. Talked to the GM about needing some training, nothing changed. Til finally one random Friday a guy called in to ask about insulation. He was redoing his garage. The guy even calculated how many bags of each type he'd need, ordered extras just in case. Absolutely easy to deal with. I then sold him 2 dozen bags at 25 cents mark up per bag.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS. ;)

Had him authorize credit card for payment over the phone so there's no take backs on his helluva deal and ran it. Left the copy of his sales order by the desk (They needed to pick that up to get into the lumber / pickup yard) and left. The guy who was supposed to be training me for the past month was losing his mind like I had royally messed up and was in trouble. "I probably would be, if I had any intent on coming back after this weekend. Later buddy." Left, and never looked back.
They tried calling me on Monday to reconsider, even had the HR guy plead to me. I basically said I wasn't coming back so they could fire me and waste our time.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-30 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
not making money

I thought FFXIAH used to pay well
By Pantafernando 2022-06-30 17:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont feel particularly in damger regarding jobs because mine is quite stable and im a good employee.

But i feel like twice safe as i just do an IT related job, as every single source says that this category wont have problems with unemployment for quite a while.

I guess i just had luck. Finding a good job right after finishing uni, also never considering leaving it, resulted 10 years already past
By Pantafernando 2022-06-30 17:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
IT related job

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-30 18:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I dont feel particularly in damger regarding jobs because mine is quite stable and im a good employee.
One of my biggest stressors now is that I don't know where I stand relative to my peers. At my last job I could check to see how profitable I was to my company, and I could count things like incoming and outgoing quotes so I understood the beat of the design engine.

At my current job I only have one peer, and we do things a step above our other truss designers. I have no idea where I stand with relation to the other person.
By Josiahafk 2022-06-30 18:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Previous full time job in America was almost 3000/month in health insurance for 3 dependants

Rude awakening from free in Canada.

So current job is 1500/month for the same insurance plan and the employer pays 1300 of it. They have bought my loyalty lol.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-30 20:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading all these work / job posts ...

I made a promise to myself centuries ago that I would never take an office job. Kept it too.

I am now retired.

So happy!!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-30 21:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenoblade 3 special edition preorder fiasco is nuts, crazy to me that a company as big as Nintendo still *** ***up this bad. Through sheer luck I managed to get through the bugs and *** and reserve a copy.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-30 21:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I made a promise to myself centuries ago that I would never take an office job. Kept it too.

I am now retired.

So happy!!!!
Honestly, if not for my disability I absolutely would have gone into something more physical. I love hands-on stuff. Probably would have gone farther with sports as well.

Though I've gotta say, working from home kicks butt. I'm not sure I'd trade that for anything now.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2022-06-30 21:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I tried getting my co-workers to revolt. We were hired as salary with the idea that we'd put in unpaid overtime if we were busy, but then could take paid time off when things slowed down. A couple of years before I started they had 14 designers, so that idea worked really well. But then it went under new management. He hired me and then just altogether stopped, never replacing other designers as they dropped off. That meant that our "dead slow" was still 40-hour weeks, but busy summers were slave labour. He had 5 designers doing the work of 14.

This is one of the shittiest deal that even a-hole boss like me would never sell to my workers. It practically screams "free labor" written all over it.

If your 4-wheel car can still run with only 3 wheels then you will keep it running on 3. If a station requires 7 people to run and now somehow it still functioning with only 5 then it's a 5-person station now.

However, it's not supposed to work that way. What actually happen is that those 5 guys are your top employees who are good enough to cover the job of 7 average guys. As soon as you try to get a new guy in and he flees in a couple days then you know your guys are overworked until they are reaching the next level.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22240 22241 22242 ... 22571 22572 22573