Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21952 21953 21954 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

But this is part of the issue, people think that the game requiring a 1 second wait between equipset changes isn't real and doesn't matter, and so bypass it using 3rd pt programs, and totally neglect that including dt in your fc/SID sets is a thing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 21:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
it just amuses me to hear people who don't use windower/gearswap bash it like they have any idea what's going with those tools. Y'all end up looking like the middle-aged dude who waltzes into the repair bays at a car mechanic and just nods while going "mhmmm..." to pretend like they know.

What?

Your argument has been that because you can cap war skills while being afk by available in game means, you should therefore be able to cap other skills that you can't afk cap, by using automation, not to mention all the other things 3rd pt programs do that you can't do in game.

And your argument against this is you don't know how my automation actually works therefore its fine???

..that was Josiah's argument. I'm just here watching you explode about something you don't understand, which you repeatedly reveal, if you think windower makes all that happen for every user. The vast majority of windower and gearswap users are just using it for an easier way to manage gear sets- nothing nefarious.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlimited gear sets, being able to differentiate between 5 ambush capes, automating skill gains, instant gear swaps, what am I not understanding here?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-09-18 21:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In my day we did it all with macros.

And uphill both ways in the snow.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazing said: »
Ah yes, cleaving Apex mobs is totally same as 2 mob waves on you in C farm and stuff, yeah. Totally bro. 30+ chain? I am really impressed cause nobody can manage that nowadays. For realsies.

Yea cause tanking 20 odyssey mobs is so much harder..., but wait dude let me impress you even more, I can even handle the invisible mobs!
By Bazing 2021-09-18 21:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Your bs & lies aside, why do you call Ambuscade capes "Ambush" capes? At first I thought it was a mistake but you've used that word in every post now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 21:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlimited gear sets,

yes. Oh, and why do you think equipsets even exist? Because SE saw what windower/gearswap did and tried to copy it with in-game tools.

being able to differentiate between 5 ambush capes,

yup. Again, a basic function of a game so built on swapping gear should be the game can read the information on the gear to know when to swap. Since SE couldn't manage this, Gearswap devs did.

automating skill gains,

Windower and Gearswap do not enable this simply by loading Windower and Gearswap. This takes specifically written luas, so blame those with coding expertise, not Windower. That's like blaming the glove a boxer wore when he punched you out instead of the fist inside it.

You really don't know what you're talking about. So please, either take a moment to learn what you're insulting, or just stop generalizing that Windower/Gearswap=botting.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-18 21:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
Omg I can't automatically level synergy from 0 to cap overnight, SE should let me do this!!! I'm gonna make a machine do it for me, that's only fair right???
If the game said, “Elvaan and can auto cap synergy in vanilla 11, but you’re a mithra and they can’t!”
Would you call that mithra using windower macros to auto cap a cheater?

1. Yes
2. What point are you trying to make?
My point was your delusion seems to consider a situation like this one balanced.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Your bs & lies aside, why do you call Ambuscade capes "Ambush" capes? At first I thought it was a mistake but you've used that word in every post now.

Does your server not abbreviate things, or does that confuse you? We call odyssey odc over here too but I get thats a local thing.

It's funny that y'all get so butthurt over me pointing out that luas are cheating. Kinda makes me thing that deep down you all agree?
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Omg I can't automatically level synergy from 0 to cap overnight, SE should let me do this!!! I'm gonna make a machine do it for me, that's only fair right???
If the game said, “Elvaan and can auto cap synergy in vanilla 11, but you’re a mithra and they can’t!”
Would you call that mithra using windower macros to auto cap a cheater?

1. Yes
2. What point are you trying to make?
My point was your delusion seems to consider a situation like this one balanced.

No, but just because the game is unbalanced doesn't mean its ok to cheat so that you think it makes it balanced.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 21:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

no dude- its really just a fun thing to do during the 4th quarter of Penn State vs. Auburn, 6 beers deep. You're cute.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlimited gear sets,

yes. Oh, and why do you think equipsets even exist? Because SE saw what windower/gearswap did and tried to copy it with in-game tools.

being able to differentiate between 5 ambush capes,

yup. Again, a basic function of a game so built on swapping gear should be the game can read the information on the gear to know when to swap. Since SE couldn't manage this, Gearswap devs did.

automating skill gains,

Windower and Gearswap do not enable this simply by loading Windower and Gearswap. This takes specifically written luas, so blame those with coding expertise, not Windower. That's like blaming the glove a boxer wore when he punched you out instead of the fist inside it.

You really don't know what you're talking about. So please, either take a moment to learn what you're insulting, or just stop generalizing that Windower/Gearswap=botting.

I never said that windower/gearswap was botting, I said luas over macros/equipsets was cheating, thanks.
[+]
By Bazing 2021-09-18 21:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your server not abbreviate things, or does that confuse you? We call odyssey odc over here too but I get thats a local thing.

It's funny that y'all get so butthurt over me pointing out that luas are cheating. Kinda makes me thing that deep down you all agree?
We don't agree with your delusion = everyone agrees with me? Oof. Gonna leave it here cause it feels like we're clubbing a seal at this point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 21:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't agree with your delusion = everyone agrees with me? Oof. Gonna leave it here cause it feels like we're clubbing a seal at this point.

Dont' underestimate the simple joys in life.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

K bye.
By Josiahafk 2021-09-18 21:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from all this cheater dialogue, really wish ffxi had implemented a lot of the windower quality of life adjustments a lot earlier in the games lifespan. at the very least right after ps2 support stopped or something.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from all this cheater dialogue, really wish ffxi had implemented a lot of the windower quality of life adjustments a lot earlier in the games lifespan. at the very least right after ps2 support stopped or something.

On this, we find common ground. 100 equipsets is some major bs, but it doesn't justify going off and creating more, at least in my opinion.

Edit: Also the 1 second equipset change limitation is super annoying when try to use fast cast/SID sets.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-18 22:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for my last sleeved cable to come in ffs it's taking forever.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 22:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
it just amuses me to hear people who don't use windower/gearswap bash it like they have any idea what's going with those tools. Y'all end up looking like the middle-aged dude who waltzes into the repair bays at a car mechanic and just nods while going "mhmmm..." to pretend like they know.

I can understand not playing with gearswap, a little bit. But not using windower, you are cheating yourself out of just the HD graphics. I mean, why? You don't have to use any other 3rd party tools, just the HD upgrade alone makes the game way better.

I use a lot of the features, that isn't one of them. /shrug

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-19 02:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
In my day we did it all with macros.

And uphill both ways in the snow.
i still do il never touch gearswap its for ***players who doesn't understand the game just copy pasta the meta.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-19 02:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys arent thinking randomly.

Please, stay on topic.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-19 02:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i saw a video of some bluemage i m not gonna name, he pressed CTRL M clicked the spell he wanted and it auto gear swapped yes its *** cheats its automated its broken, it *** the game up. while i press CTRL/alt- to w/e button these 1-3 seonds make a huge diffrence, During delve 1 era pre gearswaps i would have people send me tells to create delve grps (WHEN IT WAS NEW) same with divine might D/VD, these guys apparently the ones who clear odyssey V15 these days, and gearswap enabled that. and square being square keeps raising the bar behind those players who *** use these tools, which is nearly impossible with manual macros, im not gonna play this game out side of seasonal events and mog bonanza + story until it gets changed if it gets changed. atleast at the 75 era capp even if you use gearswap it wont change the skill gap because of how items work il take that over the current game not because of the content but because of how *** shitty the people are. IT feels like i am playing final fantasy xi offiline
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-19 03:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You could load up vanilla now, make a 50% FC 50PDT gearset, make a spell dmg gearset, and then make an in game macro switch between them and cast a spell with one click

What you described isn’t inherently cheating, unless you meant he was casting spells that were not equipped.
By Shichishito 2021-09-19 05:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i think ctrl + m brings up the regular magic menue, he is complaining that the guy with gearswap can pick any spell from that list and gearswap will make sure you cast it in the right set while he has to look thru his macros to get the right one.

playing 100% legit in all honor, i always wonder if there is a single individual who transitioned from equipsets or pre equipsets to spellcast/gearswap and then back to 100% legit, NOT because he felt gearswap is too complicated to bother with but cause he truely believes the game is more fun vanilla and the underlying mechanics are ment to be played with what SE provides.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-19 05:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hilarious backread in here after I put Sarah to bed.

LUAs are dumb. I don't care what anyone says, automated play is bad. The scripts reading the game and doing your swaps for you eliminates the need to think in addition to player input, i.e. you aren't playing.

As for Mage Skills vs. Combat Skills?

Uhm, hello. There are less total magic skills to skill up than physical skills. In Josi's specific example, BLM only has 3 magical skills that wouldn't be inherently capped by the leveling process(assuming you didn't cheese that too), and one of them can be skilled up with subjob enhancing magicks used on Trusts any time, any place, easily. The other two can be skilled up easily enough, in a shorter amount of time, than most combat skills. The BLM may also use trusts to skill up their Staff, Club, and Scythe skills in the same exact way the Warrior does. Silly. Not even a contest. The automated play in this regard is a crutch for ease of use and leveling of alts/dual boxes. Bear in mind that the magical skills are shared across mages too. Boohoohoo, the BLM has 4 skills to cap, whereas WAR has 13. Also, please explain to me AFK Archery/Marksmanship/Throwing skills ups, kthxbai.

Anyway, this tired sort of argument has been argued in circles for years upon years. Let's put it to bed and get back to chill vibes and jokes and sexy times.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-19 05:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i think ctrl + m brings up the regular magic menue, he is complaining that the guy with gearswap can pick any spell from that list and gearswap will make sure you cast it in the right set while he has to look thru his macros to get the right one.

playing 100% legit in all honor, i always wonder if there is a single individual who transitioned from equipsets or pre equipsets to spellcast/gearswap and then back to 100% legit, NOT because he felt gearswap is too complicated to bother with but cause he truely believes the game is more fun vanilla and the underlying mechanics are ment to be played with what SE provides.

exactly what i meant,

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
You could load up vanilla now, make a 50% FC 50PDT gearset, make a spell dmg gearset, and then make an in game macro switch between them and cast a spell with one click

What you described isn’t inherently cheating, unless you meant he was casting spells that were not equipped.

Josiah please i play the game without gearswap you did not understand what i said, definitely need to improve my english but i thought it was understandable i used to do tojil as rdm i know how it works (pre HTBF patches) and at that point i think there was no built equip sets in the game too.
By Shichishito 2021-09-19 05:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
The scripts reading the game and doing your swaps for you eliminates the need to think in addition to player input, i.e. you aren't playing.
FFXI is the only game i know that allows gearswapping mid action, does that mean if ppl push buttons in games that don't require swapping equipment that they aren't playing either?
i figure we still talking gearswap, if you're referring to stuff like react then i'm with you.
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-19 06:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
The scripts reading the game and doing your swaps for you eliminates the need to think in addition to player input, i.e. you aren't playing.
FFXI is the only game i know that allows gearswapping mid action, does that mean if ppl push buttons in games that don't require swapping equipment that they aren't playing either?
i figure we still talking gearswap, if you're referring to stuff like react then i'm with you.

you have to press buttons, yes because of how gearswap work the game is now unplayable without for current Content, so yes people abused it square got confused and made things worse, please try playing the game without it and do ur own manual macros its fun but ul rage of how incompetent it is vs new content
By Draylo 2021-09-19 08:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you hate ffxi alzeerffxi? You aren't doing that name justice
First Page 2 3 ... 21952 21953 21954 ... 22553 22554 22555