Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21798 21799 21800 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-03-08 19:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@canadian

Lol, that’s cute.

A few of us here are stuck with far less than able-bodied bodies, I feel that.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-08 21:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

It still blows my mind and makes me horribly depressed to think that this time last year I was normal, and now I can't even get out of bed for more than a few hours a day.

We should start a group and all be buddies.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-08 21:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
We've already started a group around our mutual love/hate relationship with Final Fantasy XI <3
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-03-08 22:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time this Italian person sends me gifts from Italy, I mentally chuckle and think, “thanks, sheelay-sehachan” lol

Same with any gifts from Austria or Germany lol
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-03-08 23:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Jetackuu said: »
super gay that it's exclusive
https://youtu.be/b_MIb3mYznE
While HD is hot, even when knocked up (again) she can take her overly PC crap and shove it. :D
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2021-03-08 23:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, really don't care about your stupid pc garbage, Josi.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-03-09 06:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-09 07:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Obesity is the biggest killer in western nations, Mcdonalds and Coke are responsible for more deaths than any viruses or bacteria.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 07:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"Responsible"...

Would say that profit is "responsible". There's more profit in processed garbage than "good food" so it's in their best interest to shovel out ***that kills you instead.

Impossible whopper is double the price of the whopper, it's not like you're going to see $1 plant burgers (for a while).

It's entirely possible to have fast and healthy food. It's just not as profitable.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2021-03-09 07:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped drinking soda and cut down on *** that I eat and drink. Doctors apparently think I have interstitial cystitis which basically means I get all the annoyance and pain of a UTI but without the infection or the easy treatment. Dunno wtf causes flare ups but I'm guessing caffeine and red dyes for me.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2021-03-09 07:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Impossible whopper is double the price of the whopper, it's not like you're going to see $1 plant burgers (for a while).
Doing the impossible isn't cheap.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-03-09 08:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

the biggest thing to remember here is the statement, "not as profitable". plenty of countries have higher quality food at fast food places, even the same chains we have, and pay their employees decent wages while turning major profits. the difference is that in america they are allowed to produce the absolute lowest quality crap and serve it up. they wont change it til some sort of backlash. there's a reason that even mcdonalds has switched their buger patties and chicken sandwich patties. it's the current trend. they could of always switched to a higher quality product with less bs in it, but why when they could make an extra 7 cents for every burger they sell?
By RadialArcana 2021-03-09 08:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I stopped drinking soda and cut down on *** that I eat and drink. Doctors apparently think I have interstitial cystitis which basically means I get all the annoyance and pain of a UTI but without the infection or the easy treatment. Dunno wtf causes flare ups but I'm guessing caffeine and red dyes for me.

Possibly caffeine as you said, since it can cause irritation I read. Try swapping to Tea maybe over coffee if you drink that (less caffeine). Stress could also be the underlying problem.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2021-03-09 08:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

Possibly caffeine as you said, since it can cause irritation I read. Try swapping to Tea maybe over coffee if you drink that (less caffeine). Stress could also be the underlying problem.
Yeah, I keep rooibos, chamomile, and peppermint herbal teas. I occasionally have sweet tea or coffee but not enough to trigger it.

Herbal teas and water mainly. Gatorade if I want something sweet. Occasional V8.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2021-03-09 08:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It still blows my mind and makes me horribly depressed to think that this time last year I was normal, and now I can't even get out of bed for more than a few hours a day.

I just did a back read prompted by this and holy ***. I wasn't aware any of this happened...
By RadialArcana 2021-03-09 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Before Chris Pratt hit the big time, he was doing ads for star wars kinect.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-09 09:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Before Chris Pratt hit the big time, he was doing ads for star wars kinect.
He always did look like the exact kind of person who would buy something like that. Good ole Crisp Rat. I'm actually watching Parks and Rec through again lol
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-03-09 09:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's entirely possible to have fast and healthy food. It's just not as profitable.
Impossible burgers are better for the planet but no better for your health.

https://www.cookinglight.com/news/is-the-impossible-burger-healthy
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-09 10:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"Responsible"...

Would say that profit is "responsible". There's more profit in processed garbage than "good food" so it's in their best interest to shovel out ***that kills you instead.

If our leaders actually cared about "every life matters" in terms of a health issue, as they pretend to care about what is happening right now they could change it.

They could ban all vending machines outright, the crap those machines spew out are bad you for you and they hit you at the moment you're the weakest. When you're hungry, outside and have few options. Not only that, they put them in schools, universities etc That crap is legit predatory.

Also they could put big taxes of all unhealthy foods, and then instead of just keeping those taxes they could funnel that cash directly back into lowering the price of healthy foods. They could subsidize good food off the back of bad food. Ultimately the politicians don't want to do this because they might want a job with these companies in the future, want funding for elections and lobbyists.

We solved hunger issues, by making cheap terrible food that is incredibly enticing to eat. So in western nations we have all the poorer people that are only really able to afford garbage food that will kill them.

Also that impossible burger is not healthy, it's frankensteins monster made to look like something else.

https://www.gmoscience.org/rat-feeding-studies-suggest-the-impossible-burger-may-not-be-safe-to-eat/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-09 10:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Impossible burgers are better for the planet but no better for your health.
I like them mostly just because I have one friend with gout, one friend allergic to animal proteins, and one friend who is vegetarian by choice in solidarity with the one with allergies. It means that I can still have them over for barbecue!

I'm just hoping that by summertime we'll be over the Backstreet Boys Reunion Tour. We've finally got tickets down to a manageable amount in our province.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-03-09 10:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We solved hunger issues, by making cheap terrible food that is incredibly enticing to eat. So in western nations we have all the poorer people that are only really able to afford garbage food that will kill them....
We have not solved hunger problems here in America.

Everybody who can afford tater tots and big bags of knock off cereal can afford rice and beans. Some cannot afford even that.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-09 10:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also they could put big taxes of all unhealthy foods, and then instead of just keeping those taxes they could funnel that cash directly back into lowering the price of healthy foods.
I actually thought about that. The problem is how would they classify food as unhealthy and where would you draw that line?

Remember that everything is toxic in certain amounts, even water. And it's really difficult to simply count calories and stuff, since you could just limit your calorie intake. Even fast food burgers like a Big Mac actually aren't that much worse for you than other foods. It's just that it's not satisfying for its calories so most people eat it with a side of fries, a Coke, and chicken nuggets. Well now you've taken a Big Mac (570 Cal) and made it into 1830 Cal with more than your daily recommended intake of each fat, carbs, sodium, and sugar in a single meal.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2021-03-09 10:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I want an impossible burger made out of c̷̡̧̟̠̥̳͇͚̬͈̗̙̦͙̰̩̝̠̮͙͉̬̠̯͑͒̄̀̾͒͢͏̀͏̶̶̛́́҉̷͜͞͏̸̴̴̷̸̴̨̛̀́̀͘͘͟҉̵͏͝ŏ̸̴̝̣͉̮̻͍̻̜̖̄͟ͅ҉̵̴̸̷̷̶̸̷̷̷̨̢̡̡̛́̀̀́́͜͠͝͡͡͠͏̸̶̴̧̛́͢͢͢͟͝͝͠͠n̸̴̴̹͙̪͇͉̙̖̣̝̤͕͎͜͡͏̸͟͏͝d̠̗͇̖̰̜̯̬͖̹̟͚̺̫̹͕͖̼̥̻̤͆͌̍̆͊̆̇ͤ̽ͅ͏̴̵̴̷̸̧̡̛̀̀͘͘͘͜͟͡҉́̀́͢e̶̫͕̠͓̫̖͔̘͍̎̌̈̓́͏̶̶͢͟͟͝͏̷̵̴̶̶̨̧̨̧̢̡̛͜͟͟͟͠͝͏̢n̷̶̴̵̵̵̶̢̧̨̧̛̛̛̛̗̙͔̜͈̥̺͚̩̭̻͙̙̮̗̹̞̼̭̬̦͔̬̥̠̲͇̹͕͉̱̮̥̲̟̘͙̻͇̕̕̕͜͜͝͡͠͝͠ͅ͏̨͡͏̷̀s͖̰͍̻̯̱̙̝̘͇̹̬̜̭͙̖̰̗̱̰͈̪̱̙̩̖̟̠̙͉̘̝̯̖̦̮̯̮͖̠̑́̀͏҉̷͏̷̸̡̀͘͜͢͏͏̢͘a̠̺̼͎̼̮̺̟̥̣̖̣͚̹̪͉̱̹̺̖̻͚͙̤̥̼̜͖͔̱̙ͧͦ͌͆̑͗̏̆͏̷̷̷̨͝͠͞͞͝͏̴͜t̵̴̷̸̴̶̷̨̨̢̛͙͉̱̟̲̞̬̥̝̭̖̯̝̙̹͖̱͔̯̼͓͉͖̖̗̼̼̻̰̥̣̟̭̠͍̲͉̜̍̕̕͘͟͜͠͝͞҉̧̛͜͢͟͝҉͠҉̸̷̷̵̸̶̡̡́͝ê̺͇̗͎͍̯̮͖͚͍̝̖̯͇̱̰̲͖͚͚͙̪̥̪͚͍͍̗̘̦ͯ̐̉̒̀̓̿͂̑͌͛̍ͣͅ҉̵̶̢̀̕̕͏̵͏̶̸̸̶̨̧̨́͘͘͝d̪̼̖̟̳͔̳͕͖̗͇̏̆͋̈̋̇̏ͪ҉̶̢͏̕͞҉͏͝҉̶̨̢̀́͜͡͏̸̶̸̡̡̧̀͘͘͢͢͡͡ ̸̨̳͔ͯ̑͌̽̄͐͗̇ͦ͟͡m̷̡̺̙̰͔̖̥̘̱͈̹̼̥̜̣̳̺͚̮̜̜̤̝̗̱͈̱̝̫ͨ̔̓̊̃ͩ͋͑ͧ͂͏̶̸̸̸̵̴̧̨̧́́͘͟͢͝ô͇̬̠͒̓ͅ҉͏̴̵̧̨̨̡̕̕͘͟͟͞͠i̢̨̺͍͔̱͙̹̬̣̹̬͔͍̰͖̹̱͔̫͇̼̤̾ͨͨ̉̀̑ͨ͑̅ͤ̋ͧ̇́͜͢͝͝͞s̹̟̝͎̳̹͇̻̦͎̱̥̤͕͚͕̤̳̦̖̗̪̠̰̗̫͉ͣ̊̇̅̀̋̑̐ͪͭ̊̓̚ṯ̵̷̶̶̛̛͍͇ͮ̀ͭͩ̓̑͊ͧ̎́̚͡͞ͅ͏̵̴̡̕͘͟͠҉̷̴̸̢̡̧̛͟͟͝͞͡҉̵̷̨̢̀͘͜͞u͎͖̠͙͇͛͛ͧ́̄͋ͬͬ̔ͧ͌̌͏̴̵̸̷̢̨̡̢͟͝͏̵̵̵̴̶̧͢͠ṙ̸̡̹̪͕̩͙͇̗̲̘̟̪̜̟̮͕̼̹̟͓͍͙͕͎̙̠̪̫̻̙͙̝̲̤̪͓̲̅̆̈̈ͯ̎ͯ͐ͪͣ̀̚͢ͅe̴̶̡̨̛̯̮̥̤̤̪̰̱̹͍̼̪̘͚͉͙͍̭͕̦̦͓̬̙̲̗̗͙̹̪̮̖̙̜̥̮̻̩̱̜̞̤̹͙͓̗̻̜͎͆̾̍͆ͩͮ̈ͤ̐̋̎͂̊̍͘͘͢͜͟͞҉̵̢ ̵̵̸̵̵̢̡̛͖̹̙̺͎̘̙̲͎̥̯̘̳̫͕̠̹̦̩̖̻̲̘͈̖̺̗̲̣͔̰͎̜͔͓̯̖̹̆͑͆̾ͬ́͟͡ͅ҉̷̷̶̸̵̸̧̢̧̡̢̧̛̛̀̀̕̕̕͜͡͠͡͝͠͡͝͠͡r͚͉̯̪̻̭̠̤͖̞͖͙͓͈̥̫ͯ̍̑̒̋͟͏̸̸̶̸̵̷̸̡̨̡̛̛̕͘͘̕̕̕͟͢͞͝҉̶̷̧̢̢̛͞ḭ̞̦̳̳͍̯̲͈̥͚̘̯̞̞͓͖̻̯̙̟̣̻̝̭̤͈̭̭͖̰͈̺̪̦͙̠̰̗̯̭̖ͮ̀́͆ͦ̕ͅp̶̨͚͔͓̥̝̬̳͇̥͓͕͔̼̱̤̼̜̤͙̮̩͈͎̹̤̣̱̰͉̙̼̟ͤ̔̕͟͜͟͝͏̴̴̴̶̷̵̴̶̵̴̡̢̧̢̡̡̧̡̀̀́͘̕͘̕͜͜͟͢͡͞͝͞ṕ̵̡̧̻̟̯͙͎̝͈͖̟̬̟̹̞̗͍͙̼̟͈͉̩̜͇̜̀̐ͣͥ̒̊̋̍̆̓̐͊́̀͜l̴̷̠̟̥͙̼̩͓̮̪̱͚͉͍̟̞͈̼̖̭̪̩̹̩̬̠̬͎̲͍̝̭͓͉̟̗͈̰̉̿͗̓ͦ͗̓ͫ̊̈́̓̈́̓̚̕͟͞ͅ͏̶̴̡̢̢̛̛̛̀́͘͜͠҉̶̶̶́͟҉͏͘͠҉̷̧̡̕͢͞ȩ̯͇͇̹̪̱̠͎͎͖͙̦̗͙̭̰͙͈͖͓̪͇͙̯̤̩̻̱͉͙̥͚̩̰̗̥̝̱͛̀ͅ͏̀̕͏̴̢́͟͜͜͝͞͡͝s̸̛͓̯̙̠̹͈̜̤̱̖̹̜̤̰͍̳̹͓ͦ̌͛͂́ͩͦ̕͘͜͞ͅ
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 10:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also they could put big taxes of all unhealthy foods, and then instead of just keeping those taxes they could funnel that cash directly back into lowering the price of healthy foods.

At least in the United States, they could also stop subsidizing Corn grown for Ethanol at such a high rate that farmers literally don't have the choice to grow more EDIBLE food in their acreage, which would provide a larger (and thus, cheaper) supply of healthy food options.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 10:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't someone think of the profits! You want people to lose money! Blasphemy!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't someone think of the profits! You want people to lose money! Blasphemy!

Its not profit if it requires gifts from a benevolent master in order to make it "profitable". And it sure isn't sustainable.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-03-09 11:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

At least in the United States, they could also stop subsidizing Corn grown for Ethanol at such a high rate that farmers literally don't have the choice to grow more EDIBLE food in their acreage, which would provide a larger (and thus, cheaper) supply of healthy food options.
Can you imagine if healthy alternatives got the same subsidy as beef and corn? Would be pretty crazy.

fresh healthy veggie or fruit creations big enough to fill you on the dollar menus, with billions of R&D each year to create new dishes that give you flavour without tripling your daily sodium
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 11:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Can you imagine if healthy alternatives got the same subsidy as beef and corn? Would be pretty crazy.

fresh healthy veggie or fruit creations big enough to fill you on the dollar menus, with billions of R&D each year to create new dishes that give you flavour without tripling your daily sodium

Paradise. (at least, the beginnings)

Just getting (excessive) sugar and salt out of literally everything would be monumental.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21798 21799 21800 ... 22566 22567 22568