Kiku-Ichimonji = Uchigatana, Is It True?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Kiku-Ichimonji = Uchigatana, is it true?
Kiku-Ichimonji = Uchigatana, is it true?
 Siren.Razuka
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Shintaro
By Siren.Razuka 2009-03-06 13:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is for your NPC fellow, I have read this info on Wikia that if uou give your NPC a KiKu-Ichimonji(Level 51, DMG 66) will does the same damage as Uchigatana(Level 12, DMG 24). Has anyone experiment it?
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-06 13:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

NPC Fellows do the same damage with any weapon of the same type regardless of lvl. Only difference is in looks.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-06 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So then is there really a point to give them a higher weapon if they do the same damage? might as well keep it at the first weapon i guess. booo and i was gonna upgrade mine
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
NPC Fellows do the same damage with any weapon of the same type regardless of lvl. Only difference is in looks.

Just to expand on this; the only way to increase your NPC's attack is either through the Hydra gear set from Dynamis Tavnazia, the occasional couple items from the NPC NPC (lawl) in Ru'Lude Gardens. Oh, and of course, every level your NPC gains, his/her attack will go up.

Other than that, weapons are cosmetic only and will no way affect your NPC's damage.

Alyria said:
So then is there really a point to give them a higher weapon if they do the same damage? might as well keep it at the first weapon i guess. booo and i was gonna upgrade mine

Mandibular Sickle looks a ***ton better than a Bronze Zaghnal.

A Darksteel Falx looks a lot better than a Greatsword.

etc.

Edit: Omg quoting next post, I'm psychic:

Artemicion said:
You know, this brings up a good question because I have upgraded all GTK levels for my NPC fellow (during inflation thank God), and I never really noticed a significant change in damage except for when I would do the promy quest in level 30 cap zone. She would do ridiculously high damage for being capped at 30, making me think the weapons do upgrade something, I'm just not sure what and to what degree.

Zero affect. See post above :)
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 13:37:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

You know, this brings up a good question because I have upgraded all GTK levels for my NPC fellow (during inflation thank God), and I never really noticed a significant change in damage except for when I would do the promy quest in level 30 cap zone. She would do ridiculously high damage for being capped at 30, making me think the weapons do upgrade something, I'm just not sure what and to what degree.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-06 13:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: You guys post fast @.@ I was just typing something about how they look a hell of a lot cooler when upgraded.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 13:43:33

Wooooodum said:
Zero affect. See post above :)

I don't think that's 100% true. Why would my NPC do significantly more damage in promies with upgraded weapons unless for whatever reason NPCs are not subject to level caps? Perhaps, these upgrades affect weapon skill choices made or maybe even unlock use of certain ones. I dunno but I'm gonna stay open minded here for awhile, because they are upgrades after all.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-06 13:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol <3 woody, but I like my GK on my npc! I have a pet Galka! with spikey hair named Jugowa. I used to have a taru when it first came out and it would die fast...so then i said F it I'm going galka lol

My galka's gear changes all the time from different zones.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 13:47:54

Alyria said:
lol <3 woody, but I like my GK on my npc! I have a pet Galka! with spikey hair named Jugowa. I used to have a taru when it first came out and it would die fast...so then i said F it I'm going galka lol

If I'm not mistaken, NPC fellow stats (including HP & MP) are universal and race plays no role other than how they look.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 13:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Why would my NPC do significantly more damage in promies with upgraded weapons unless for whatever reason NPCs are not subject to level caps?

As far as I'm aware, NPC's are only capped levels wise by spells; their damage isn't modified. This was designed this way to make getting Tactics Pearls easier when your NPC was a higher level. This was to encourage people to level their NPC's more and also to give those dead set on levelling their NPC's to 65 (back then, it's 70 now of course) a quicker way of doing so.

Me and my friend have gone through zounds of Tactics Pearls. I don't think it's natural for my NPC to be hitting for 100+ more than me when we're both capped to level 30.

Artemicion said:
because they are upgrades after all.

Luto Mewrilah gives a good clue into what effect weapons have when you first flag the quest. She mentions that your NPC's style has been the same since you met and needs changing, then asks you to fetch your NPC a new weapon.

They are upgrades, yes, but they upgrade your NPC's appearance, not statistics. The final level weapons look a lot better than most of their low level counterparts. That's where I see the upgrade coming in. My NPC looks ace with a Mandibular Sickle!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-06 13:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Alyria said:

If I'm not mistaken, NPC fellow stats (including HP & MP) are universal and race plays no role other than how they look.

Well I dunno cause my taru would die in just a few hits. when i changed to galka he lasts a long time to me.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 13:51:33

Well I feel like a nub for blowing 400k on a Kiku-Ichimonji back in the day thinking it'd actually do something. Only to have my NPC not actually use what I gave her and instead got the hagun model of GTK, certainly not the most sightly thing to look at.

So I replaced her weapon with a scythe and now she's a Dark Harvest *** with something that looks like Ivory Sickle <3
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 13:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Well I feel like a nub for blowing 400k on a Kiku-Ichimonji back in the day thinking it'd actually do something. Only to have my NPC not actually use what I gave her and instead got the hagun model of GTK, certainly not the most sightly thing to look at.

So I replaced her weapon with a scythe and now she's a Dark Harvest *** with something that looks like Ivory Sickle <3

Hopefully your NPC is a Tarutaru. Mine is, and the Scythes look like matchsticks. Ever so cute!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 14:01:52

I have a mithra like everyone else. Suf(s)hi tends to favor Dark Harvest over Guillotine or Cross Reaper; makes me a sad panda.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine uses Guillotene more or less every time. I'm pretty sure you can modify which weapon skill they prioritise with the NPC in Ru'Lude Gardens.

Must be the Tarutaru in him, though... Because Mithra's are more "I look good and my tail wags in a sexy way" than "I use the best available abilities for my job"!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 14:09:37

Yeah... She only gets away with it because she has boobs and a tail. But oh well, what can ya do? And are you serious about WS priority via NPC?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I am. There's a lot of curious settings you can modify once you've done the last NPC limit break. One of the few things I remember is being able to change my NPC's personality (So that he talks differently, what a waste of fellow points that'd be.)

There were a few choices there, I seem to remember weapon skill choice being one.

And you are right, Mithras get away with it. Hurray for Mithras, their boobs and their tails!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 14:25:26

I don't see anything here relating to Weapon Skills in the list of purchasable upgrades. Unless I overlooked something, would you be so kind as to explain?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 14:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just went and took a look and there's nothing there, I don't know what I'm thinking of. If I found out I'll tell you though.
 Siren.Razuka
user: Shintaro
By Siren.Razuka 2009-03-06 22:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thanks for the info... i will get my NPC a cool looking weapon, any suggestions?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-06 22:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I just went and took a look and there's nothing there, I don't know what I'm thinking of. If I found out I'll tell you though.

Are you thinking about being able to turn AoE WS on and off?
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-07 00:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Razuka said:
Ah, thanks for the info... i will get my NPC a cool looking weapon, any suggestions?

GA. Most GA WSs have a status they impart on the mob. Plus GAs do look awesome
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-07 01:13:17

If you wanna play for all technicality and function, pick a weapon that skill chains well with the job you play the most. With great katana you can't go wrong since those WSes can work with almost anyone. But if it's not that important use what looks cool or has a neat pose/animation with your NPC. Personally I love how mithra hold most of their 2 handed weapons like baseball bats xD