Changes To The Battle System & More

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2019-08-13
users online
Forum » FFXIV » News » Changes to the battle system & More
Changes to the battle system & More
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 04:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So it's acceptable to make no changes then. It's acceptable for a company to make the same mistakes 8 years ahead.

I think you'll find most people don't agree with you there.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2872
By Dubont 2011-02-04 05:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So it's acceptable to make no changes then. It's acceptable for a company to make the same mistakes 8 years ahead.

I think you'll find most people don't agree with you there.
again, stop saying "the company." It isn't "the company" it was the old team. THE OLD TEAM. You know, the guys that got taken off of the project because they sucked? Are you understanding ANYTHING that I type? Team =/= Company. Tanaka's team =/= Square Enix. Stop being an idiot, but to answer your question, no, it's not acceptable to make no changes. Why the *** would you think that I thought it was acceptable when I've been talking ***about the old team ever since they said that the US player base cried too much? You really must be completely dense.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 05:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The old team who should be been overseen by the COMPANY, the COMPANY who made the same exact mistakes with their first MMO. Teams aren't given free reign you know, there is a certain degree of oversight.

Do you honestly think Tanaka's theme was told "Go at it" and not given any sort of quality assurance from the XI team or other members of other teams? Really Dubont? Are you really that ignorant to how game development works?
[+]
Offline
Posts: 133
By MiracleWorks 2011-02-04 05:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So it's acceptable to make no changes then. It's acceptable for a company to make the same mistakes 8 years ahead.

I think you'll find most people don't agree with you there.
again, stop saying "the company." It isn't "the company" it was the old team. THE OLD TEAM. You know, the guys that got taken off of the project because they sucked? Are you understanding ANYTHING that I type? Team =/= Company. Tanaka's team =/= Square Enix. Stop being an idiot, but to answer your question, no, it's not acceptable to make no changes. Why the *** would you think that I thought it was acceptable when I've been talking ***about the old team ever since they said that the US player base cried too much? You really must be completely dense.

I would have thought the president of SE still would have gone over the project and saw it's state, and been the person to give the all clear on launching it or not, correct me if I'm wrong though
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 05:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
MiracleWorks said:
Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So it's acceptable to make no changes then. It's acceptable for a company to make the same mistakes 8 years ahead.

I think you'll find most people don't agree with you there.
again, stop saying "the company." It isn't "the company" it was the old team. THE OLD TEAM. You know, the guys that got taken off of the project because they sucked? Are you understanding ANYTHING that I type? Team =/= Company. Tanaka's team =/= Square Enix. Stop being an idiot, but to answer your question, no, it's not acceptable to make no changes. Why the *** would you think that I thought it was acceptable when I've been talking ***about the old team ever since they said that the US player base cried too much? You really must be completely dense.

I would have thought the president of SE still would have gone over the project and saw it's state, and been the person to give the all clear on launching it or not, correct me if I'm wrong though

You are correct. Quality assurance isn't just left in one team, because the team creating a game can be biased in both ways. It's played by a lot of people and I'd assume the XI team would be one of the main teams asked to test the quality.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2872
By Dubont 2011-02-04 05:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The old team who should be been overseen by the COMPANY, the COMPANY who made the same exact mistakes with their first MMO. Teams aren't given free reign you know, there is a certain degree of oversight.

Do you honestly think Tanaka's theme was told "Go at it" and not given any sort of quality assurance from the XI team or other members of other teams? Really Dubont? Are you really that ignorant to how game development works?
Really? Really? Really? Is that all the *** you can say? You aren't understanding anything. Really Flionheart? Are you really that ignorant to what I'm saying? 1 team doesn't make an entire company. Yes, the team may be looked after by the company, but the decisions of the team does NOT reflect the ideas of the company as a whole.

Again, unless you can make a point that is 1) valid 2) Up to date and 3) a true complaint, I don't want to converse with a numbskull such as yourself.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 05:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The old team who should be been overseen by the COMPANY, the COMPANY who made the same exact mistakes with their first MMO. Teams aren't given free reign you know, there is a certain degree of oversight.

Do you honestly think Tanaka's theme was told "Go at it" and not given any sort of quality assurance from the XI team or other members of other teams? Really Dubont? Are you really that ignorant to how game development works?
Really? Really? Really? Is that all the *** you can say? You aren't understanding anything. Really Flionheart? Are you really that ignorant to what I'm saying? 1 team doesn't make an entire company. Yes, the team may be looked after by the company, but the decisions of the team does NOT reflect the ideas of the company as a whole.

Again, unless you can make a point that is 1) valid 2) Up to date and 3) a true complaint, I don't want to converse with a numbskull such as yourself.

You seem to think that one team is completely ostracised from the company and other teams in the company.

The game has a lack of content, levelling up and fighting NM's doesn't count as end game content, you can think it is all you want but I'm afraid you're wrong.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2872
By Dubont 2011-02-04 05:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The old team who should be been overseen by the COMPANY, the COMPANY who made the same exact mistakes with their first MMO. Teams aren't given free reign you know, there is a certain degree of oversight.

Do you honestly think Tanaka's theme was told "Go at it" and not given any sort of quality assurance from the XI team or other members of other teams? Really Dubont? Are you really that ignorant to how game development works?
Really? Really? Really? Is that all the *** you can say? You aren't understanding anything. Really Flionheart? Are you really that ignorant to what I'm saying? 1 team doesn't make an entire company. Yes, the team may be looked after by the company, but the decisions of the team does NOT reflect the ideas of the company as a whole.

Again, unless you can make a point that is 1) valid 2) Up to date and 3) a true complaint, I don't want to converse with a numbskull such as yourself.

You seem to think that one team is completely ostracised from the company and other teams in the company.

The game has a lack of content, levelling up and fighting NM's doesn't count as end game content, you can think it is all you want but I'm afraid you're wrong.
NMs aren't end game content? Oh please, so Kirin wasn't endgame? Genbu? AV? Odin? None of those were endgame? What about Tiamat? What about Ixion? None of those were endgame?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 23653
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 05:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Dubont said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The old team who should be been overseen by the COMPANY, the COMPANY who made the same exact mistakes with their first MMO. Teams aren't given free reign you know, there is a certain degree of oversight.

Do you honestly think Tanaka's theme was told "Go at it" and not given any sort of quality assurance from the XI team or other members of other teams? Really Dubont? Are you really that ignorant to how game development works?
Really? Really? Really? Is that all the *** you can say? You aren't understanding anything. Really Flionheart? Are you really that ignorant to what I'm saying? 1 team doesn't make an entire company. Yes, the team may be looked after by the company, but the decisions of the team does NOT reflect the ideas of the company as a whole.

Again, unless you can make a point that is 1) valid 2) Up to date and 3) a true complaint, I don't want to converse with a numbskull such as yourself.

You seem to think that one team is completely ostracised from the company and other teams in the company.

The game has a lack of content, levelling up and fighting NM's doesn't count as end game content, you can think it is all you want but I'm afraid you're wrong.
NMs aren't end game content? Oh please, so Kirin wasn't endgame? Genbu? AV? Odin? None of those were endgame? What about Tiamat? What about Ixion? None of those were endgame?

Comparing 3~ NM's with what? 20? Do you consider simmy and serket endgame?
[+]
Offline
Posts: 133
By MiracleWorks 2011-02-04 05:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
obviously this is really old, never saw it before though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4
what happened to the game looking like this? :< this actually looks like a final fantasy game
Offline
Posts: 5
By shadonic 2011-02-04 06:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
sadly this was just a tech demo for the xbox.
i belive it was ment to show us how FFXI or future MMO's could look like on the new gen systems.

some ppl say thats an early version of rapture/FFXIV but to me it's just a tech demo, using newer textures with old FFXI character modles ^^
Offline
Posts: 133
By MiracleWorks 2011-02-04 06:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
shadonic said:
sadly this was just a tech demo for the xbox.
i belive it was ment to show us how FFXI or future MMO's could look like on the new gen systems.

some ppl say thats an early version of rapture/FFXIV but to me it's just a tech demo, using newer textures with old FFXI character modles ^^

it looks really similar, inside the city with the fruit boxes etc
it's made me even more disappointed with how 14 turned out, after seeing that
Offline
Posts: 5
By shadonic 2011-02-04 06:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yea, was also a bit disapointed by the 3 main cities, but my hopes are still up high for ishgard and future zones.

it's like with FFXI, first time everything was cool, but the time u hit 20 and went to jeuno it got even more cool haha.

but i guess untill major porblems get a fix we won't be seeing anything like new classes or zones, saddens me, but i guess it's the right move.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 195
By jdcho99 2011-02-04 08:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think most of the people posting here arent even rank 50 yet, so how can they complain about exhausting content =p Even when you do hit 50 you need to go and rank up other classes to get stat conversion traits and abilities to complement your primary class. So when you get to 50 maybe then you can complain about having nothing to do. its like all those 12 yrd olds in Wow who complain about not being able to go raid ICC because they're lvl 20. =p
Offline
Posts: 5
By shadonic 2011-02-04 08:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
i think it's legitimate for non 50's to call the content exhausting.
besides nonstop repeating leves and grinding there isn't anything else.

i'm on it since the prerelease with friends and we aren't 50 yet, but just because we can't stand it to grind/leve all day long.

i've had multiple jobs to 75 in FFXI, on 3 different accounts, but still, grinding for hours in FFXI was more enjoyable then it is currently in FFXIV.

i do enjoy my stay in FFXIV aslong as i'm not overdoing it.
i'd rather go at a slow pace and wait for SE to get this game right, then lvl all my characters to 50 now where the leveling process is rather boring and flat.

i'd like to get some real group efforts back into FFXIV that FFXI had.
not just throw 15 different ppl at one mob, making sure 2 of those are healers atleast so they can cure spam the group every few hits.
even big raids like dynamis took more brain then this does currently.

calling it Final Fantasy, but yet giving us such crappy group fights isn't right, they can do better, and i want them to make it better.
Offline
Posts: 195
By jdcho99 2011-02-04 09:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
shadonic said:
i think it's legitimate for non 50's to call the content exhausting.
besides nonstop repeating leves and grinding there isn't anything else.

i'm on it since the prerelease with friends and we aren't 50 yet, but just because we can't stand it to grind/leve all day long.

i've had multiple jobs to 75 in FFXI, on 3 different accounts, but still, grinding for hours in FFXI was more enjoyable then it is currently in FFXIV.

i do enjoy my stay in FFXIV aslong as i'm not overdoing it.
i'd rather go at a slow pace and wait for SE to get this game right, then lvl all my characters to 50 now where the leveling process is rather boring and flat.

i'd like to get some real group efforts back into FFXIV that FFXI had.
not just throw 15 different ppl at one mob, making sure 2 of those are healers atleast so they can cure spam the group every few hits.
even big raids like dynamis took more brain then this does currently.

calling it Final Fantasy, but yet giving us such crappy group fights isn't right, they can do better, and i want them to make it better.


by exhausting content i mean, doing all the content/running out of content =p you couldnt have done everything there is to do at r18 (some of these posters) =p
Offline
Posts: 5
By shadonic 2011-02-04 09:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
then i do understand you heh.
18 is something u get in a day if u really want to.

with the push in sp even faster now :O
Offline
Posts: 19
By darkbrillance 2011-02-04 10:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
they killed the game when they decided to let pepole solo and not involve friends into something except leves wich get boring after a bit.

They killed the party and now they are tryin to restore it

Problem with the game is the completely lack of multiplayer gaming system, FFXI was all about missions together, party together, exploring together, quests together, NMs together, everything was meant to be with someone else, mostly party or alliance of people.
In support of this FFXI had a really good search function and party/seek invite system, wich FFXIV doesnt have at all.

FFXIV search function is plain retarded, totally useless, they should just copy/paste the system from FFXI. It isnt that hard.

Those things made the game die, in my opinion.
Its really hard to get back on track now, most people took a long break and after you take a break is really hard to find a motivation to come back, i personally took a break and i'm still in break, logged yesterday and went offline after 10 minutes.

No idea what will happen, but to be really honest they ruined the to me, they ruined the joy of playing a Final Fantasy game, now that i am 50, and other stuff average 30+, i feel i have no meaning into playing anymore unless they add a HEAVY huge content wich doesnt finish in 2 weeks of gameplay, and that will never happen in my opinion, at least not in few weeks.

As i said, more time passes the worse it will be. Sure they are working on it, ok, but keep in mind that i think its already too late.
In my opinion they should have wiped all characters, pause the servers, and rebuild from scratch something no one saw so far, because now people who played those months (a bad game) find the game already dead, bored, and nothing to do.

I already saw the game, and i already lost all the "magic" around a Final Fantasy title when it comes out, they ruined it to me..really really bad.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 195
By jdcho99 2011-02-04 12:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
"In my opinion they should have wiped all characters, pause the servers, and rebuild from scratch"

i think they would lose even more players considering the amount of time people have put into this game. =p I know i would quit, having months and months of grinding SP and building uncle scrooges money bin flushed away =p
Offline
Posts: 156
By deadfire 2011-02-04 13:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Try a archer PT. It's *** nuts and absolutely fun.
Offline
Posts: 14
By Kurokikaze01 2011-02-04 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 


For those that want to see changes before logging in.

And I second deadfire's statement... 5 Archers and a Thaumaturge just destroy stuff.
Log in to post.