Forum » FFXI » General » G Axe Skill
G Axe Skill
 Asura.Avender
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-03-03 23:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, I made the mistake of leveling WAR, and not using G axe... I am now a 59 WAR, and i decided to go back and level up my G axe skill. Getting from 0-50 was nothing, an hour in Lower Delkfutt's Tower, tops. But, from 50 to my now 90 skill, has been rough. I've tried Xarcabard and the Jungles, but i will get on average .2 skill-up a mob. Does anyone know if there is a area that i might be able to go to and speed this up a bit, and/or any gear/food/technique suggestions that might help me? I greatly appreciate any input. Thank you.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-03 23:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Grab a low delay GA and hit up Garlaige Citadel, top floor. Will be a cinch.
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-03-04 00:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, is it better to get a Axe closer to my level, with better dmg, or a lower lvl axe with less dmg and less delay?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-04 00:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It does not matter. The only things that matter is if you can hit for an actual amount of damage (More than 0) and hit accurately. Any GA will do it, low delay is best.
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-03-04 00:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-04 00:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always do the following:

Level your WAR to 75, then level your DNC (if not already) to 37.

Do the quests that give you a certificate to go into Windy Sewers (or the Canal, but I'm not in the game atm to look it up for you, and why would I got to wiki to look it up now?).

Grab any gear that increases both accuracy and evasion (SH works wonders) and eat some sushi (bream for skillups, since you get accuracy and def at the same time).

Put up Retaliation, voke a beetle, try not to link, get out your fellow (healer or soothing healer is a +) and skillup mania. I got all my non-essental weapons (i.e. H2H, Scythe, Great Sword, Club, Staff) leveled up to 150 at least (got club to just under 200) and 4.5k gil for every 3 shells you find down there (quest for the certificate that basically go from Windy Walls or so to Windy Sewers) and you will be amazed at how fast you skill up. Aggressor at all times until your skill is at 125+, and you won't have to worry about taking too many hits (as long as your evasion is high enough, if not, you will skill that up quickly also).
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-03-04 10:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Grab a low delay GA and hit up Garlaige Citadel, top floor. Will be a cinch.

Bats or Bettles?
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-03-04 11:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I got my skill up to 100 today. Is 100 too low for Kuftal Tunnel?
 Kujata.Yishay
Server: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-03-04 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

go to this web site and find war then GA ... http://www.creativeuncut.com/ffxi_skill_caps.html ....
you'll find the lvl you should be at on that skill lvl when you know that lvl find monsters 1-3 lvls higher then that job lvl. no matter where you are that should work. oh and pick a place that has monsters you can get mats from to synth with or that has an NM near by you can kill it will make getting skill ups much easier
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-04 12:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to Kuftal at about 140 skill, i'd try probably Quick Sand Caves til around then, and if you're getting low skill ups, you can try lower floor Garlaige at about 120+.
 Asura.Farmdog
user: Farmdog
By Asura.Farmdog 2009-03-04 13:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Avender said:
Okay, I got my skill up to 100 today. Is 100 too low for Kuftal Tunnel?

Yes, but you can kill right outside Kuftal (manticores, dhalmels, beetles, scorpions) or Rabao. That's what I've been doing to level up club and staff on my other chars WHM. I went to lizards in Kuftal around 120, 140-150 you can start on crabs. QC would be a viable option as well but I think the mobs in Kuftal are a little easier for my WHM.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
Server: Bahamut
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-04 14:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

a rule of thumb for skill ups is that if you leveled up there, your skill with another weapon should get just as high (being that you don't have an E in the certain weapon you're lvling) as your last weapon was there while leveling. Warriors have an A+ with GA. The lower level of Garliage Citadel and all of the Quicksand caves get you from level 40-50 correct? Here is a skill chart link:

http://home.comcast.net/~themanii/skill.html

on this chart, if you have an A with a certain weapon, it should cap out at around 120ish around lvl 40 (quicksand caves). And, it should be able to get to level 150ish in Garliage.

Also, not many people seem to know this, but any Even Match (or higher) monster WILL cap out any of your skills. You may have noticed that your skills go up hella faster the lower you are. This is probably because SE made it so that you would normally hit the cap about halfway into your level (being that it was capped the previous level).

P.S. great axe isn't anything special if you get fed up with skilling up... most wars past 60 are still using dual Axe.
 Asura.Churros
user: Churros
By Asura.Churros 2009-03-04 14:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

use W. Altepa desert is a great place to skill up to 140 you can start in kuftal at 120 but at 59 I wouldn't recomend it.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-03-04 15:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Avender said:
First off, I made the mistake of leveling WAR, and not using G axe... I am now a 59 WAR, and i decided to go back and level up my G axe skill.

This is pretty common tbh. I went 25 lvls as WAR with a sword equipped. Future EXP PTs though I'd recommend bringing a G. Axe and your axes ( I'm assuming you exp as /nin) and swap out when one or the other caps.

Try http://www.ffxi-atlas.com You can input you current lvl and skill lvl to search for mobs to skill off of. Typically crabs and beetles are easy to skill off of. GC and Altepa should bring you up to 150 but you'll see more .1's the closer you get to cap ( just from my experience on a few characters). Having .2's isn't all that bad to start with.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-03-04 15:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope your skilling up with /dnc sub. I had to cap gaxe as well at about lvl 60. Defender/Retaliation is your friend. I'd do Garilage Basement on bats till about 140 or so. Best to be lvl 64-65 if you go to kuftal to kill crabs as solo war/dnc.

Note: Next time you wanna skill up something from 0-100 do this. Retaliation/defender, and 5-7 mandies (not where ppl exp). Prob aggressor too so they can hit you. You can go 0-100 in a very short time.
 Cerberus.Ryle
Server: Cerberus
user: Ryle
By Cerberus.Ryle 2009-03-06 19:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you just level sync your skill ups?