Link | Quote | Reply

Ok anyone else on Gilgamesh baffled by the price of Currency

O pieces 15k
T shells 12k-15k
Bills 8k-10k

Honestly i dont get it, there is a good supply of it >.>
And what pisses me off is the fact Hour Glasses are now 500k
So basicly these ppl are overpricing the ***out of it ;;

Anyone other servers with the same problem or is it just gilgamesh >< ?!?
 Titan.Mdwarlord
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user:
By Titan.Mdwarlord 2009-03-03 08:39:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Here in Titan its so and so atm

O piece 10k-13k
T shells 10k-13k
Byne 5k-7k
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-03-03 08:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, the prices sky rocketed the day the Hour glasses went down lol ; ;
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-03 08:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On Siren, prices are like
10k for shells,
8k for Bronzepieces,
5k for Bills.
 Odin.Poppisgirl
Server: Odin
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-03-03 09:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin's prices are meh

9-10k for T.Shells
10-12k for O. Bronze
6k for Bills
 Valefor.Makaras
Server: Valefor
user: Makaras
By Valefor.Makaras 2009-03-03 10:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor:

10K-11K T. Shells
11K-13K O. Bronze
6.5K-7K B. Bills

that said i have seen them all sell for +/- 10% of these prices.
 Valefor.Makaras
Server: Valefor
user: Makaras
By Valefor.Makaras 2009-03-03 11:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw. the reason te prices have actually went up on these, is that there are more being brought to market (where before you had less competition since there were less shells and less ppl upgrading a weapon). Accordingly that means more people can sponsor their own shells, and you are seeing more people working on their final stage. I don't know about other servers, but on valefor that final stage is where LS's begin helping ls members with currency.

Case in point let me explain to you Valefor's progression to this.

11 months ago I could have bought:
Jade for 500k
Silver for no more than 600k
Hundred notes for 400k

This was before 500k hour glasses and at the time I only knew of three people max at any point actively buying currency, all the other upgrades were being done by linkshells, for linkshells, with linkshell sponsored Dynamis.

then 2 months after 500K hour glasses:
There were 10-15 shout dynamis shells running two runs a week, and the Market was saturated with currency. The price was slowly coming up on singles (all three went up 100k), but the amount of people working on relics went up 6 fold, suddenly with all of this currency in the market, every charecter who had 100M saved up could begin working on a relic and never even sponsor a run.

Now: there are 20-25 Shout Dynamis shells Running 2 runs a week, all the leaders of these shells are going into tier three relics (while still selling to sponsor), and all the 100M guys who are running out of cash are mid way through the final stage. Since these poor guys have actually upgraded the weapons to the 3rd tier they are stuck. They all are competing with each other over a limited amount of currency, and the demand for the currency is much higher than the amount being brought to market. Because these guys are so close to finishing their relics, you are also seeing some shells step up and help buy 20-40 100 notes to get their shells that all important status symbol (a relic weapon). Any way the Demand has sky-rocketed, and in the past 6 weeks on valefor the prices have went from :
J- 700k
S- 800k
H- 500k to:

J- 1.1 M
0- 1.3 M
H- 700k

And I personally know of three guys working on the final stage of GKT and another two guys Holding an Anicile. All of whom are competing against every other guy I dont personally Know about for a very limited amount of Silver Pieces.

Edited:
Basically you shouldn't have expected that just because the cost of hour glasses was cut in half, that the prices of currency would also be cut in half. Actually, by cutting the cost of hour glasses in half you made it possible for anyone with 500k and time on their hands to shout and go with their own linkshell, and make a profit. Because of this by cutting the price in half you actually spurred demand within the market (by making it easily accessable) and you are seeing Dynamis Currency Bubble up right now.