Forum » FFXI » General » PoL Crashing?
PoL Crashing?
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-03-03 00:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else experiencing this? Oddly it's only in Nyzul Isle. It's very frequent and at times I am needed most. . .maybe every 20-30min. I am bringing this up is because it clears all buffs, including RR and sneak/invis, which isn't to great when you have a floor where you have to search for the NM or it's spec E(s). Not only that but it wastes my Nyzul groups time, time that we could be using more towards a more valuable goal. btw I am on PC, not using windower; I will have to test it out on my PS2 to see if my PC is the problem. Maybe a flash player update?

EDIT: Can anyone give me a link that I can check the version of my FlashPlayer to update it if needed?

-V.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-03 01:31:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

This could be because of how busy it is during prime time nyzul activities on your server. Although assault is made so multiple groups can in essence enter a seperate "server" to do their own run while others do it simultaneously, I wouldn't doubt a for a second having many people in the same zone technically could cause connection issues to others.

Try doing your Nyzul run at a slightly different time to see if it helps. If not then it most likely is a minor connection issue on your end.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-03-03 02:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

This has the latest version of flash player~~~
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-03 03:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
This could be because of how busy it is during prime time nyzul activities on your server. Although assault is made so multiple groups can in essence enter a seperate "server" to do their own run while others do it simultaneously, I wouldn't doubt a for a second having many people in the same zone technically could cause connection issues to others.

Try doing your Nyzul run at a slightly different time to see if it helps. If not then it most likely is a minor connection issue on your end.
Being on the biggest server and doing Nyzul weekly right before JP, I have a little experiene in this matter. I can assure you, that over-population of Nyzul Isle can not only cause DC'd but has also caused several groups to be booted from the zone mid-run and dumped back in Alzadaal. However, if it's only you getting the problem, and not your whole party, it's more likely your problem (connection/computer/software/whatever) rather than a server issue.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Pimptarutaru 2009-03-03 03:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Artemicion said:

Being on the biggest server and doing Nyzul weekly right before JP, I have a little experiene in this matter. I can assure you, that over-population of Nyzul Isle can not only cause DC'd but has also caused several groups to be booted from the zone mid-run and dumped back in Alzadaal. However, if it's only you getting the problem, and not your whole party, it's more likely your problem (connection/computer/software/whatever) rather than a server issue.

i'm on odin to.. yes yes we are the biggest server, I personally haven't had that much problems with being booted in nyzul. But it has happend to were i almost get d/c on a floor will go down to 0% for 10 sec then give me a massive stream of text with me almost dead :3
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-03-03 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I guess we do schedule our runs @ high-times like everyone else. . .We go Monday(9-10pm est) and then Friday(9-10pm est). I can see Friday being a huge problem because the majority of the people go around that time. Also I just updated Flash Player and if that doesn't resolve the problem then I will assume it my connection, as you guys said. If it is that then I will see if I am able to persuade my group to change times or something><;; Thank you guys for your help^^b

-V.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2009-03-07 00:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I noticed a pattern again when I d/c, that it's all around the same actions I take. When I cast Sneak/Invis. . .already d/c'd 2 times and it was as I put sneak up and on the verge of using invisible.

Also if it were my connection wouldn't I also D/C in super laggy instances of Campaign Battle or Dynamis? Because I don't d/c at those time.