Sword skill!
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-01 14:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just a simple question.
Does anyone know a good place to level sword skill @ 153?
Or, are there any sites that would have this kind of information on?
Thanks~
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-01 14:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would've said This.. but it looks like someone broke it >.>

There's a list on Wiki, but I don't really use it. (Here~)

With A-/A/A+ skills, I generally use [Skill Level/3] to get an approximate level. So at 153, I'd say anywhere you can skill up around LV.50'ish.

I typically use Kuftal Tunnel until 190-200, but The Badyoda Tree Robber Crabs can do the same levels and let you progress to Steelshells at 200 ish.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-01 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

First step get DNC to 37. You can sub it on your RDM to level up your sword skill. But even if you don't have it SS + phalanx ought to be enough damage mitigation to get the job done.

Crabs in Kuftal Tunnel should take you to around 180+

Cockatrice/ Mantas in Lab of Onzo will also take you to about 200

200+ Take it to the tree.

Based on your current skill start with the crabs in Kuftal. :D
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-01 14:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki ... I am such a noob I didn't look there. :|
Anyways, thanks for your input~
 Kujata.Yishay
Server: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-03-01 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

there is a website i use for doing skill ups http://www.creativeuncut.com/ffxi_skill_caps.html
basically you get the most skill ups from EM - T mobs imo. simply find your skill lvl and look at the lvl you'd have it ... then find mobs about that lvl you can beat. i've had success doing it that way ... oh and /dnc is a very very good idea
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-01 15:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for you help.
My DNC is 12, so I will look into leveling it for SJ. I have been meaning to but just been putting it off. o.<
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-01 20:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, if you have ANY 75 job, I go Kuftal to about 190, then Boyada tree. *shrug*
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-01 21:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have sword skill at 160ish and eat sushi, you can take down lower level crabs in the Tree, then work on higher level crabs when it hits 180.

DNC subjob is a must, but NIN subjob gets the job done faster if you duo-sword (Joytoy + Justice = skillup paradise)
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-02 10:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was skilling up (still am, actually), this was the route I took:

~50-100 - Yuhtunga/Yhoator Jungle: stumbled upon a good place in a tunnel on the White Lizards/Goblins/Crawlers there

~100-120 - Crawler's Nest: There's a room filled with Funguars there, I also forget the location of this XD My friend Tira showed it to me one day. I also tried my hand at scorpions, but I wouldn't do this unless you're much higher than the actual level of those scorps.

~120-200? - Kuftal Tunnel: Take care not to solo this at a lower level--you get more skillups solo, but against Robber Crabs, especially with their high defense and therefore longer survivability while you hit them with a underskilled weapon, you might need a bit of HP, healing magic, or NPC. I'd say go with a PUG or better yet, linkshell party. :3

~200 - The Boyahda Tree: ONLY when 75 (durpa!) and bring a couple friends so it's not so damn boring. XD