Ziska's Bow- Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ziska's Bow- Worth it?
Ziska's Bow- Worth it?
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-03-01 01:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. right now I have Leo Crossbow +1 and am thinking maybe it's time to get Ziska's (the uber bow for THF apparently)..

Leo Crossbow +1
DMG:27 Delay:204

Ziska's Crossbow
DMG:28 Delay:216 Ranged Accuracy+8

What I'm thinking is...
Leo I might be able to sell for ~500k and Ziska is about 800k-1m so it wouldn't be that big of a price.. though still a good bit of money.. Full 800k-1m I couldn't do so getting sort of 'half off' is ok..

As I see the two bows..
Leo is faster, but not by much..
Ziska's has RACC, but not much..

I doubt I'd notice the delay difference.. but I went from Staurobow (Delay:288) to Leo and the difference was very really noticeable.

As far as Ranged Acc goes.. +8 isn't too much.. I have full merits and my Ranged macro swaps in gear for +70 RACC. 8 more doesn't seem like very much. But I'm thinking.. I never use Sushi really.. so 8 is helpful then.. but in a situation where I would need to use Sushi that 8 more wouldn't really matter.

Think I should 'upgrade' or not?.. ><
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-01 01:57:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a thief I would say yes. Your C cap or so in marksmanship makes ranged accuracy a must to land those tide-turning bolts including sleep, acid, blind and bloody. If you got marksmanship merits then I wouldn't worry about it too much, make it a last priority upgrade. Just ask yourself how much you use those bolts and how hard is it to land on anything VT or higher.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-03-01 02:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

JUJU! BUY MY ZISKA'S! ;p but yeh, If you don't have the Merits/Gear for Racc you will definately notice the difference. But full merits, +70Racc, u should be good rocking leo+1. As Arte said, if you are looking at a few upgrades for THF, With merits/gear this can go to the lower portion of the priority list.
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-03-01 05:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

only bow i would ever use on thf :)
worth it yes
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
user: fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-03-02 16:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

leo+1 > everything.

i really think you do this then it's silly, i have a leo+1 that i crafted and i gladly sold me zizska's right after, just use macro for racc gear and your fine really and bolt can really be helpfull ( like soloing, zhayolm frogs etc etc )
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-02 16:37:37

I guess it all comes down to how much racc gear and/or if you have marksmanship merits. If any of those apply you could save some money and just stick with something that shoots faster. Again, Ziska's is mainly to aid racc which you can get in plentiful supplies in other gear slots, so I wouldn't make a top priority even if you really want one.
 Siren.Anmorata
Server: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-03-02 18:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never used the Leo+1, if it works good for you then you should be okay with that.

can't complain about Ziska's, but as the saying goes.

"if its not broken, why fix it?"
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-02 18:15:05

To me it seems like a "If you really have nothing better else to spend the gil on" situation.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Server: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-02 18:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been happy with my Ziska's and I noticed the racc right away (I don't have the marksmanship merits that you have though)

If you're only going to be spending around 300K for the switch... really depends on how much expendable gil you have. Is there anything else you really need to buy?

I don't know how seriously you take your THF or how hardcore you are, but I've always looked at my THF as my "gil making" job, so up to you if you want to invest the gil INTO it. You'll probably make at least that 300K back in a month or so if you're consistently farming anyways.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-02 19:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

8 ranged accy makes a large difference. Especially, on thief, when your marksmanship isn't as high as say a ranger. 110% worth it. It's nothing but a huge upgrade.
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-03-03 08:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I guess it all comes down to how much racc gear and/or if you have marksmanship merits. If any of those apply you could save some money and just stick with something that shoots faster. Again, Ziska's is mainly to aid racc which you can get in plentiful supplies in other gear slots, so I wouldn't make a top priority even if you really want one.

+1
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-03-03 08:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fulgore said:
leo+1 > everything.

i really think you do this then it's silly, i have a leo+1 that i crafted and i gladly sold me zizska's right after, just use macro for racc gear and your fine really and bolt can really be helpfull ( like soloing, zhayolm frogs etc etc )

Situational imo

here is another quick example of a situation where ziska's is better imo - Fighting DI on THF, you can spam RA to build tp etc

Leo +1 is nice yes but when u dont have skadi and a hugh RA ACC build then go with Ziska's
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-03-03 10:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Noaratem quit checking me !