Skill Ups: Club Weapon Skill..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Skill Ups: Club Weapon Skill..
Skill Ups: Club Weapon Skill..
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-24 16:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My skill i think ( can't remember off hand..) is about 123. I'm on theif farming in Labryth of Onzozo and is tells me I can skill up on Gobs and an assortment or Mobs down there. Please let me know that IF i have to either kill mobs higher than me or rate either EP or DC.. b/c I was down there.. I wasn't getting the skill ups that I was thunking.. even tho The Vanad'iel Atlas told me what I Should do and go...

I know guys I'm asking for some input here.. So please let me know the real deal?

Thanks all!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-24 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually look on wiki for the skill cap lvls for whatever weapon and use the experience level area guide on wiki to see places and mobs I would go skill up on. hope that helps a bit to see a range of areas to go.

Or you can use this against the experience level guides on wiki:

http://www.ausystem.org/~aushacho/gbox/ff/skill-e.html
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-24 16:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, 123 is closest to lv 49 for thf (Caps at 124@49) So, my suggestion would be to go to Kuftal. If its slow going there, go to quicksand. should help.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-24 16:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://monsters.ffxi-atlas.com/

I like the skill up thing at the bottom of that page, makes things nice and easy.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-24 16:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I wasn't clear.. I was using the http://monsters.ffxi-atlas.com/ and I was swinging with my club on the appropriate mob.. but the skill up wasn't showing.. IDK maybe my filtres are off.. and if they are... Can someone tell me what selection on filtres do I need to turn on So that I can see that I'm skilling up?

* I'm sure that it maybe my filtre thing that is off b/c I was getting lag and I shut them off so I wouldn't have alot of flooding on my screen*

If so just tell me what selection to unfiltre so i can see myself skill up!

Thanks!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-24 16:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there's a filter that will stop you getting "You skilled up!" messages displayed.. Are you actually skilling up? (As in.. can you check your combat skills and see an increase in Club?) >.>
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-24 18:19:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Only filters are /check, bazaar snooping, and countdowns (not sure what that is) for dialog.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-24 18:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey back guys!!

It's fine now.. and yes i was skilling up.. Musta took some awful time for it to start skilling up tho.

I was skillin on gobs till Mystic maker showed up...

Then I showed him!!!

Thansk guys!! and filtres are ok.. they're in check too! Great to have good ppl to help on these forums when you need it!

You guys rawk!!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 19:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

skill-ups are in /check filters? O_o who'da thunk it.

Also countdowns are for when you /logout, not for when Ultima is about to kick your ***.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-24 20:02:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of filtering that, it's not like it takes up any log space you'd need to read. Signing out. >.>;
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 20:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

because you can? I guess?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 21:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, countdowns include Ballista ones, where it tells you every 5 seconds how long you have to wait to respawn. I'm sure that's what it was originally intended for.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-24 21:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually sorta on the line. yes that is what I was trying to find out.. I get alot of lag sometimes where there is copious ammounts of battle or alot of mobs within vicinity.. things start to slow down.. even with 1.5 gig of ram and win xp.. + High speed Connection. Can't always win.. Must deal with the infernal lag beast!

I was trying to see if I could limit what was being said on screen. You know what They say... Less is more...

=/