Does Stealing Lower The Drop Rate ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does Stealing lower the drop rate ?
Does Stealing lower the drop rate ?
 Diabolos.Wraith
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Wraith
By Diabolos.Wraith 2009-02-22 23:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When a THF steals from a mob say Goblin wolfman or Swiftbelt nm's does it lower the rate of the item ?
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-22 23:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know and should think... they are mutually exclusive events. Success or failure on a steal attempt has no bearing on the success or failure of seeing an item drop.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-02-23 01:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have THF at lvl 20 on my alt but when I was in the very early levels in Sarutabaruta I would often steal Saruta Cotton from Mandragora and then they would drop the same item when killed.I earned quite a bit of gil that way :)
I would say from my brief experience that stealing has no detrimental effect on drop rates.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-23 01:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ya, I've been duoing on my DNC with a THF for 30 levels now and never really noticed a big correlation between steal and drops. He does make a good amount of money with it, though...I'm jealous! ^^
 Odin.Mooner
Server: Odin
user: Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-02-23 03:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a 75 thf i dont feel that it lowers the drop rate but maybe it seems that way to u cause u can only use it every 5 minutes anyways
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-23 03:19:05
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience as thief, I have seen no effect of stealing affecting drop rates, regardless of success rate. The same I feel would apply to mug. I remember some guy got butthurt that thieves or /thfs would mug gods for gil saying it hurt drop rates, so we just loled at him.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-23 03:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just lol at THFs

Got any party invites lately?
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-23 03:27:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I just lol at THFs

Yes actually ^^ Hate control is a good thing, especially with wily DDs these days who WS @1 without a care in the world.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-23 03:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethereal said:
Korpg said:
I just lol at THFs

Hate control is a good thing

Yes, and thank God for accomplice, saved my *** a few times now while I was getting my face kicked in. ^^
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-23 03:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you its not as good as some DDs get....say....NIN, WAR, SAM....or like BRD invites lol
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-23 04:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really have much THF experience, but Ive had the same item drop after Ive successfully used steal, so I wouldn't say it lowers the rate.
Korpg why is it the majority of your posts are totally useless in every respect?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-23 04:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Scizor said:

Korpg why is it the majority of your posts are totally useless in every respect?

Cause I'm bored, and there isn't anything better to do than to /laugh at people.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-23 08:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Scizor said:

Cause I'm bored, and there isn't anything better to do than to make a fool of myself.

There fixed.

Edit:
Oh and yeah.. I'm pretty sure it has no affect on drop rate. An easier way to look at this: When you mug a mob it still drops the same amount of gil it had before.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wraith said:
Does Stealing lower the drop rate ?

No.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-23 08:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreeing with the above posts, i'd say that they're seperate events; my experience as THF falls alongside that at any rate. Though to be honest I tend to forget that Steal & Mug are even there XD.

Korpg, a while ago you posted a general apology to FFXIAH, so what happened? Just stop, no sensible person carries on carefree while they shame themselves with every 2nd word they speak. =/.

*edit: Huzzah, yet another avatar for Woooodum. That's a good'un too =)
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-23 08:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiya said:
Korpg, a while ago you posted a general apology to FFXIAH, so what happened? Just stop, no sensible person carries on carefree while they shame themselves with every 2nd word they speak. =/.

I think he was just trying to get in a linkshell then and was trying to look like a changed person for that?
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-02-23 11:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
I only have THF at lvl 20 on my alt but when I was in the very early levels in Sarutabaruta I would often steal Saruta Cotton from Mandragora and then they would drop the same item when killed.I earned quite a bit of gil that way :)
I would say from my brief experience that stealing has no detrimental effect on drop rates.

Awesome, I was going to use this same example. During inflation, it wasn't a bad way to make extra gil. IMHO, i don't think they have anything to do with one another.
 Pandemonium.Darkpath
Server: Pandemonium
user: darkpath
By Pandemonium.Darkpath 2009-02-23 13:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I just lol at THFs

as far as i know it doesnt help the drop rate in any way .. and unlike many of the jobs you mention thf can solo a lot and thank god some ppl dont have the opinion you have about the job... jesus you are a blue mage rofl wait... how are your parties invites lately... well at least you can solo imps 1 day if you hit 75 , no offense meant with this to any blue's out there
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-23 13:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to hand out some kudos!

Scizor said:

Yakutatazu said:
Korpg said:
Scizor said:
Cause I'm bored, and there isn't anything better to do than to make a fool of myself.

There fixed.

God Bless guys for giving me something to laugh about...

On a related note, having leveled both jobs.... a THF will definitely see a pt invite before BLU...
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Server: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2009-02-23 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
I just lol at THFs

Apparently you haven't seen Mandalic Stab on Colibri. Stop trolling and go merit. Come back when you have an informed opinion.