New Tp Set (Drg)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New tp set (Drg)
New tp set (Drg)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-07 11:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping you guys can help me out on this.

This is the current build I have setup for drg/sam:

or the same setup with a sword strap and hoard ring and timarli instead.

I wanted to try to convert this set to 5/hit and maintain 26% haste.

This is as far as ive gotten:

I wish desultor tassets could get 3% haste and stp 4+ but no :/

Any thoughts of how i can pull this off?
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-07 11:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

4th Divison Mantle / Atilla'a / Chiv chain would do it. You're not really gaining much Haste wise moving from 25-26% Haste since it's a small decimal.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-07 11:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
4th Divison Mantle / Atilla'a / Chiv chain would do it. You're not really gaining much Haste wise moving from 25-26% Haste since it's a small decimal.

It's the principle!!!!

JK, If i were going to drop the cape I would just use tactical mantle :<
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-07 11:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but still, the increase from 6 -> 5 hit would beat that decimal of Haste, and my options don't cost as much attack :p More accuracy, but that's a non issue really.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 11:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're at 26% haste right now, only getting a little benefit out of the last 1%... Goading + Ace's Hose or Pelerine -> Tactical would probably be enough though with multihit TP return, especially given AF3+2 body for WS. Either option keeps you at 25% haste, so just below true cap.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-07 12:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought.

You may be able to keep capped haste and 5-hit. If you're still using VV atma you don't need an exact 5-hit, run the numbers for how long it takes for each swing and how many regain ticks you'll get while swinging. Factor in DA so you don't count too many ticks in your calculation. What I'm saying is probably aim for like 96 TP in 5 hits because it would still take 3 attack rounds even with multiple DA procs. The only time this setup would fail to get you quickly to 100 TP is when spamming jumps or possibly HIGH haste situations. Someone who knows numbers (I don't) would have to see if the extra haste from 25%->26% would compensate for those occasional extra swings/ticks, if it doesn't then forget what I just said.

If using COR regain roll I imagine this setup would always work. It seems kind of weird to me how popular the atma is and how nobody factors the regain from it into their TP sets. The setup probably would work better for other melees who don't have spammable JAs that give them one hit's worth of TP though.

Edit: You could always aim for 98 in 5 and capped haste too. :X
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-12-07 12:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

with the 507 delay and /sam you only need 30 STP.

AF3 body is 5 or 7 i think, depending on +1 or 2, or askar body in the time being.
Aces sabatons 5
goading belt 5
rose strap 4
raja 5
brutal 1
tath 2
thats 27-29.

rock hoard or carbo and your set
 Gilgamesh.Dominico
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Dominico 2010-12-07 12:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lancer's torque wouldn't really help too much in the TP department. Love torque would be a good upgrade.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-07 12:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You're at 26% haste right now, only getting a little benefit out of the last 1%... Goading + Ace's Hose or Pelerine -> Tactical would probably be enough though with multihit TP return, especially given AF3+2 body for WS. Either option keeps you at 25% haste, so just below true cap.

I remembered Ace's Hose from seeing that. I could use Ace's Hose and sub in tactical mantle instead to hit the 26%/5-hit.
I have some tonberry to kill and my roomate needs tactical too so I can look into that as well.

Thank everyone for the feedback as well. Carbonara or the 2/tic regain could work as well.

@Dominico.
If i had one I would wear it. It's hard to tear people away from abyssea these days :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Just a thought.

You may be able to keep capped haste and 5-hit. If you're still using VV atma you don't need an exact 5-hit, run the numbers for how long it takes for each swing and how many regain ticks you'll get while swinging. Factor in DA so you don't count too many ticks in your calculation. What I'm saying is probably aim for like 96 TP in 5 hits because it would still take 3 attack rounds even with multiple DA procs. The only time this setup would fail to get you quickly to 100 TP is when spamming jumps or possibly HIGH haste situations. Someone who knows numbers (I don't) would have to see if the extra haste from 25%->26% would compensate for those occasional extra swings/ticks, if it doesn't then forget what I just said.

If using COR regain roll I imagine this setup would always work. It seems kind of weird to me how popular the atma is and how nobody factors the regain from it into their TP sets. The setup probably would work better for other melees who don't have spammable JAs that give them one hit's worth of TP though.

Edit: You could always aim for 98 in 5 and capped haste too. :X
5-hit means 4 TP rounds after WSing, which could be only 2 attack rounds if OAT procs twice. There's also the multihit jumps to account for, which stack with OAX weapons.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-07 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Luz said:
Just a thought. You may be able to keep capped haste and 5-hit. If you're still using VV atma you don't need an exact 5-hit, run the numbers for how long it takes for each swing and how many regain ticks you'll get while swinging. Factor in DA so you don't count too many ticks in your calculation. What I'm saying is probably aim for like 96 TP in 5 hits because it would still take 3 attack rounds even with multiple DA procs. The only time this setup would fail to get you quickly to 100 TP is when spamming jumps or possibly HIGH haste situations. Someone who knows numbers (I don't) would have to see if the extra haste from 25%->26% would compensate for those occasional extra swings/ticks, if it doesn't then forget what I just said. If using COR regain roll I imagine this setup would always work. It seems kind of weird to me how popular the atma is and how nobody factors the regain from it into their TP sets. The setup probably would work better for other melees who don't have spammable JAs that give them one hit's worth of TP though. Edit: You could always aim for 98 in 5 and capped haste too. :X
5-hit means 4 TP rounds after WSing, which could be only 2 attack rounds if OAT procs twice. There's also the multihit jumps to account for, which stack with OAX weapons.
Right.
When counting extra hits from WS most non "TRUE" 5-hit builds still manage to get to 100 in 4 hit after ws. The entire basis for this thread was me just trying to achieve a 5-hit while maintaining the 25.π% (ie 26%) haste. Thanks again!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-07 14:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What are your current jump sets for this tp build? From the sets I've put together it was a bit irritating to keep up with the stp on jumps so that any combination of ws + attack rounds + various jumps still neted 100% tp in 5 rounds.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-07 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
What are your current jump sets for this tp build? From the sets I've put together it was a bit irritating to keep up with the stp on jumps so that any combination of ws + attack rounds + various jumps still neted 100% tp in 5 rounds.
I haven't figured out anything on that yet but if i do I know where to find you ;3
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-07 15:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of the aspects of drg that makes hit builds much more difficult to maintain. You might get 100% with a drakes + 4 hits but not a sonic + jump + remainder of hits depending on which jump and if it DA'ed or not or if your wyvern was out. If you really want to optimize it, then having variable sets based on situations or last ws used or which jump used to return your proper tp set after the action is done but... that's all spellcast stuff. Manual groups help too as spellcast can't do everything and it's hard to see if your wyvern is alive.

A 'true x hit build' for drg can mean something other than just first hit of ws + remaining x hits til 100% and a drg can loose a lot of perceived damage based on forgetting the little things.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-10 11:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

You can sub in ferox visor for noct helm and place whatever gear you like around that (assuming 507 delay polearm) and get your 40 tp spirit jump (also, not accounting for double attacks). I, however, cant get a build for soul jump to save my life unless you jump in almost the same gear as tp.
What do you think sek?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-10 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

You can sub in ferox visor for noct helm and place whatever gear you like around that (assuming 507 delay polearm) and get your 40 tp spirit jump (also, not accounting for double attacks). I, however, cant get a build for soul jump to save my life unless you jump in almost the same gear as tp.
What do you think sek?

For soul, based on what you show so far you'd probably need to go for Ace's Sabatons +5(lancer's doesn't do much for soul these loose some att but gain 5 stp and a nice chunk of str) and Almah Torque +2 (you would loose a bit of str or some acc depending on what you planned on using. Once I'm home and can do more than a passing glance I can figure out what will work. I dunno how much stp you need as I haven't done much with 507 delay. Mine isn't done yet.

Even lancer's +1 would add some stp once you get that if you don't have aurum.