DRG Job Adjustments..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG Job Adjustments..
DRG Job Adjustments..
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-01 14:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Smiting Breath (DRG Lv.90 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Orders the wyvern to attack with its breath.

Restoring Breath (DRG Lv.90 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Orders the wyvern to heal with its breath.

I just hope this won't screw up DRG solo in any way. From a melee perspective it seems good. Especially if some how we can use healing breath /SAM it would give us more damage mit.

The crest move is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.. I was honestly expecting an enhanced Super Jump.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Server: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-12-01 14:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if these are stances (in the order of Hasso and Seigan) or if they are instant cast.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-01 14:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If the healing breath can be triggered on /dd jobs then how will we pick who to cure? I'm picturing /ja "restoring breath" <stpc> etc etc or will it be on whomever has the lowest hp/maxhp ratio in the pt?
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-01 14:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
If the healing breath can be triggered on /dd jobs then how will we pick who to cure? I'm picturing /ja "restoring breath" <stpc> etc etc or will it be on whomever has the lowest hp/maxhp ratio in the pt?

That's what I'm wondering. My guess is that it will only target us. Maybe I'm not thinking straight, but has there ever been a job abilty that doesn't target self or an enemy? I can't think of a job ability that lets us target a party member.

I'm fairly certain they'll be shared timers, and even with this elemental breath attack, I doubt people will use it often when melee'ing due to job ability delay. The Restoring Breath on the other hand could turn out nice depending on how things go.

EDIT: Cover targets someone else. That's the only one I can think of.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-01 15:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

That's what I'm wondering. My guess is that it will only target us. Maybe I'm not thinking straight, but has there ever been a job abilty that doesn't target self or an enemy? I can't think of a job ability that lets us target a party member.

I'm fairly certain they'll be shared timers, and even with this elemental breath attack, I doubt people will use it often when melee'ing due to job ability delay. The Restoring Breath on the other hand could turn out nice depending on how things go.

waltzes target others,

im really hoping these are instant healing breath/damage breath abilities

edit: also hoping that if they are they can be used at any amount of hp (for healing breath, at least)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 16:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Wombat said:
I'm wondering if these are stances (in the order of Hasso and Seigan) or if they are instant cast.
No duration, I'd assume instant cast.

Mahayaha: Waltzes, Shikikoyo, Devotion, Martyr off the top of my head.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-01 16:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm loving the 1m duration on being able to spam breaths..its such a nice change for drg, and will really bump up dmg for sure, and I'm sure if you trigger healing breath (i'm guessing its gonna be a /ja "Healing Breath" <me>) it'll just trigger the breath and the wyvern will heal whoever is lowest hp % wise like it would normally, which would be sick...
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-12-01 16:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Titan.Wombat said:
No duration, I'd assume instant cast.

Mahayaha: Waltzes, Shikikoyo, Devotion, Martyr off the top of my head.

Or perhaps most relevant, Healing Ruby. The Summoner chooses a target for Carbuncle to heal.^^
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-01 17:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
has there ever been a job abilty that doesn't target self or an enemy? I can't think of a job ability that lets us target a party member.
Cover, Accomplice, Collaborator, Shikikoyo, Waltzes...
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-01 17:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Healing Breath already picks a random party member to heal (that is under 50%) if the Dragoon is above 50%. Very safe to assume the JA will function in the exact same way.

The wording of the JA reinforces this assumption.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-01 17:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to say how if it will function exactly like healing breath. I mean, if it's percentage based will you be able to hit the job ability early or will it say 'Unable to use'? If it is percentage based and you can hit it early, will your Wyvern ready it's healing breath at the moment someone in the PT falls below this percentage? If it is percentage based, will you be able to activate it earlier by wearing your AF head when you activate the ability? Will it have the same Wyvern Max HP properties and be increased by Wyrm/Saurian and other Wyvern HP gear if you're wearing them when it's breath heals someone?
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-01 17:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Healing Breath already picks a random party member to heal (that is under 50%) if the Dragoon is above 50%. Very safe to assume the JA will function in the exact same way.

True, but depending on Defensive of Multipurpose subjob, and AF head or not (Don't know why anyone wouldn't use the AF head lol, just saying).
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-01 17:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

True, but depending on Offensive of Multipurpose subjob, and AF head or not (Don't know why anyone wouldn't use the AF head lol, just saying).

I always noticed wyvern targets the lowest HP member for breath
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-12-01 18:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Smiting Breath sounds like it will be fairly simple. Every 60 seconds, DRG gets a random element nuke. AF will probably have the same effect of encouraging the wyvern to target elemental weaknesses.

Restoring Breath seems to me like it will be a way to bypass the HP trigger for Healing Breath. Instead of waiting to reach the necessary HP, using this ability makes the wyvern use Healing Breath instantly. Not sure how/if the AF helmet will affect it though... that's the only thing that's still got me wondering about this ability.

And as for Dragon Breaker... well it has a cool sounding name I guess?
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-01 18:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eliane said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

True, but depending on Defensive or Multipurpose subjob, and AF head or not (Don't know why anyone wouldn't use the AF head lol, just saying).

Yes, but if you have a multipurpose subjob their HP has to be 25% or lower (33% with AF head). 33% with a defensive subjob (50% with AF head.). If it will be percentage based will they make a new percentage for Offensive subjobs?
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-12-01 18:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Cerberus.Eliane said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

True, but depending on Defensive or Multipurpose subjob, and AF head or not (Don't know why anyone wouldn't use the AF head lol, just saying).

Yes, but if you have a multipurpose subjob their HP has to be 25% or lower (33% with AF head). 33% with a defensive subjob (50% with AF head.). If it will be percentage based will they make a new percentage for Offensive subjobs?

Yes, it will trigger at 0%. It will function as a Raise 4 in which they will be revived unweakened.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-12-01 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing these aren't stances as someone asked, earlier, as the other abilities listed their durations and recast, this didn't.

I also assume that these two abilities will share a recast, and I doubt they'll have anything at all to do with Healing breath trigger levels.

If they're not targetable, then I'd assume it will choose the party member with the lowest HP%, though I'd really prefer a target on the Restoring Breath.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowfox
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-12-01 20:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Shinryu or whatever going to be a dragon type mob? Dragon Breaker may help out a bit in that fight, depending on how strong the debuffs are. And I'm thinking that you'll only be able to use restoring/smiting breath relevant to whatever sj you have. Being able to use healing breath as /dd would be awesome though. Between seigan/third eye and deep breathing/restoring breath, soloing might just be that much more fun :o
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 20:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinryuu would probably be classified in the avatar family.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-12-07 07:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Timers are not shared. No HP trigger for healing breath. Deep Breathing and wyvern HP gear works fine.

:)

Essentially you are using the pet command as breath trigger, and not WS nor spell.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-07 08:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Timers are not shared. No HP trigger for healing breath. Deep Breathing and wyvern HP gear works fine. :) Essentially you are using the pet command as breath trigger, and not WS nor spell.

Wow, nice. I'm guessing it drains the Wyvern's TP after you use it though? Can you target anyone else with the Healing Breath, or just yourself?
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-12-07 08:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Timers are not shared. No HP trigger for healing breath. Deep Breathing and wyvern HP gear works fine. :) Essentially you are using the pet command as breath trigger, and not WS nor spell.

Wow, nice. I'm guessing it drains the Wyvern's TP after you use it though? Can you target anyone else with the Healing Breath, or just yourself?

If you are below threshold, it targets you. If you are not, it targets anyone in your party that is. If no one is, it targets you.

I'm pretty sure it drains wyvern TP as any breath would, but I didn't check last night. I will after college today.
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-12-07 08:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a nice ability if you are in a party as mainly a DD and need to toss a Healing Breath around every once in a while, but the 1 minute recast timer on it isn't functional at all for solo. Looks like we are still /mage if we need to heal more than once a minute...

Oh, and the Healing Breath ability works just like if you casted magic, it targets the person in the party with the lowest HP% from what I've seen.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-12-07 08:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am unsure, Eiryn. If no one has HP at the threshold then it'll target you even if you have more HP%. That's what I've experienced, at least.

Again, when I get home I'll look into this a bit more. I was just too stoked to finally get some pet commands. No more "DRG isn't a pet job lolololol".
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-07 08:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Quote:
a lot of stuff that I didnt feel like keeping here, which would explain what I'm explaining >.>

As far as I know, the order in which a wyvern will use breath is:

You >> Highest party member in /YOUR/ party member list with below threshold HP.

Example:

You: 80%
<p1>: 61%
<p2>: 48%
<p3>: 5%
<p4>: 1%

(again, to my knowledge...)

It will heal P2 because they're the highest on your list below threshold HP. I used to have 3 DRG friends, and we'd all DRG/Mage it up and set parties up so that myself and the Elvaan were highest in all the lists, so that we would be proc'd first if we were below HP.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-12-07 08:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's normal Healing Breath, yeah. This functions awkwardly though as you can trigger it without anyone at/below threshold.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-07 08:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So the healing breath force is broken, in the fact it will choose a /random/ member, or just the person with lowest HP?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-07 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Eiryn said:
This is a nice ability if you are in a party as mainly a DD and need to toss a Healing Breath around every once in a while, but the 1 minute recast timer on it isn't functional at all for solo. Looks like we are still /mage if we need to heal more than once a minute... Oh, and the Healing Breath ability works just like if you casted magic, it targets the person in the party with the lowest HP% from what I've seen.

Sounds great for things that cast/use mute/silence abilities.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-07 08:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
I used to have 3 friends, but now I have Ash and I'm much happier. :D
<3

I am wondering myself how it will pick target. I would hope it would target the people in orange first but that is probably not the case. I plan to test it when i get off work but :< I'm at work.
First Page 2