Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Crafting leve's and Appraisal Value
Crafting leve's and Appraisal Value
By xaero 2010-11-19 21:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I thought the whole appraisal thing was a really neat feature, but to be honest it's really become almost a non-issue. I mean why should I work harder on something without knowing the rewards for doing so? It would be nice if on the leve page it would show all the rewards you could get, but in a clear defined way. Like the following:
5000 gil(Base pay for just completing the Job)
Bonuses:
6 wind shards 10 AP Value
+500 gil 15 AP Value
3 brass ingots 30 AP Value
750 guild marks 50 AP Value
And so on till all rewards are listed. Something like this would really help set a goal for while your crafting your leve's. As well was giving whole new meaning to the appraisal system. As of right now it's just some numbering system that has very little meaning.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-19 21:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The incentive is simple.. Crafting marks are hard to get, so you want the most you can possibly get when you do get them, so therefore, you want to get the appraisal as high as possible, just incase.

Although I wish Marks weren't just a random *** reward.. It's stupid, both other types of leves you're told up front if it's worth anything, but not crafting leves.. So I've wasted countless hours doing crafting leves, taking the items out into the middle of *** no where just in the HOPES that I MIGHT get marks.. If I had the choice, I'd do what I do with normal leves, no marks? I ain't wasting my time.. I don't need more gil..

Late edit but..

Just thought I'd add some contrast here.. On MRD I've made over 50,000 marks already, even after buying everything I can possibly buy at rank 26, I'm still sitting at over 30,000 marks on MRD. I was able to start doing crafting leves that could reward marks relatively soon after I was able to get marks on MRD, yet for both BSM and TAN I'm still sitting at just over 3,000 marks..

That's some serious ***.
By tragicnate 2010-11-20 17:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The bonus reward is based off the appraisal rating. The appraisal acts as a multiplier to the bonus reward; 100 x1, 200 x2, ect

Not sure if appraisal rating does anything else.
By xaero 2010-11-20 21:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, You actually get additional rewards with really high appraisal rating. I've had up to 4 rewards in addition to the primary reward of like 3 brass nuggets
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-11-21 00:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i would like if any additional items made besides the required would give more appraisal value
By xaero 2010-11-21 21:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm.. Additional Items made beyond the required already do give you appraisal value
By SilentCascades 2010-11-21 22:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As Xaero said, they do. That's really the whole point of the extra items, aside from giving you an extra attempt or two if you botch the synth.
By Gleason 2010-11-22 10:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as me and my friends have figured out, 100 appraisal nets you a bigger reward/extra set of items. Not sure if 200 appraisal, 300, etc. gives bigger and better non-mark rewards or not, though.

However, how much appraisal you gain is a pretty simple formula:

(Quality of item made) / (Total number of synths available)

and it's always rounded down.
By tragicnate 2010-11-22 15:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gleason said:
As far as me and my friends have figured out, 100 appraisal nets you a bigger reward/extra set of items. Not sure if 200 appraisal, 300, etc. gives bigger and better non-mark rewards or not, though.

However, how much appraisal you gain is a pretty simple formula:

(Quality of item made) / (Total number of synths available)

and it's always rounded down.

Yes appraisal rating is nothing more than average quality of all attempts you can do.

Every 100 appraisal rating increases the multiplier by 1. So rating of 500 would be 5*initial bonus item.
By xaero 2010-11-23 09:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless it would be nice if they would actually show us on the leve the rewards for getting it to each new level. I mean give us something to strive for
 Valefor.Shaone
Server: Valefor
user: Shaone
By Valefor.Shaone 2010-11-23 10:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The secondary reward seem to vary with the tier of leve too.

I don't think it matters that it doesn't show the secondary rewards though, it helps keep some items rarer than they would be otherwise! :)