Forum » FFXI » NMs » Does proc'ing Yellow !! muliple times make a diffe
Does proc'ing Yellow !! muliple times make a diffe
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-11 23:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Got yellow !! on Iktomi from Blizzard III which is a spell that got used a lot cause we had 2 RDMs there. Got yellow !! like 6 times and only got 1 seal D: which is no different than any other NM I've killed regularly.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-11 23:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-11 23:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

read soemwher ethat procing the !!! ove rand over can make a nm rage
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-11-11 23:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've proc'ed the grellow !! and nothing dropped from a NM before.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-11 23:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Spamming any !! makes it less effective. Red !! no longer guarantees atma, blue !! has reduced droprate, grellow's droprates are reduced as well.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-12 00:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I've proc'ed the grellow !! and nothing dropped from a NM before.

Blue and Yellow "!!" both increase drop rate (and in some cases, pool size itself), but does not guarantee anything, pretty much think of it as a bonus TH on top of your own TH, and a very effective one too, But its still vital to bring a THF if you ever want to see those 4-5 Seal pools with any sort of consistency.

Blue "!!" Works on "Rare" drops, Rare armors, etc.

Yellow "!!" Appears (i recall reading) works in the old zones to increase pool size and add certain synth mats, and in the new zones increase seal drop rate and max possible seals.

And to the OP, yes, Proccing any "!!" Multiple drastically lowers its effectiveness to the point of being moot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-12 00:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Before anyone knew a damn thing about what !! did, me and a friend proc'd it while duo'ing something on rdm. We figured that was a good thing, so we spammed it a few more times, until using that same spell stopped staggering the NM.

The other day, I proc'd grellow with regurgitation, then later on in the fight, completely forgot and used regurgitation again for damage, and didn't get a stagger (I don't think he was casting or tp'ing). We got one seal from that NM. On the other hand though, the only time I've ever seen 5 seals drop was when grellow was proc'd twice.

So I actually have a theory (that I haven't tested, and seems to go against the common belief) that proc'ing multiple times can INCREASE the effectiveness of it (except for red, 'cause one stagger and it's all 100%), but the amount of times you can stagger before it wears off is random each time. Think of it kind of like a corsair's roll. Multiple staggers are like doubling up, but if you bust, you get nothing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-12 00:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Before anyone knew a damn thing about what !! did, me and a friend proc'd it while duo'ing something on rdm. We figured that was a good thing, so we spammed it a few more times, until using that same spell stopped staggering the NM.

The other day, I proc'd grellow with regurgitation, then later on in the fight, completely forgot and used regurgitation again for damage, and didn't get a stagger (I don't think he was casting or tp'ing). We got one seal from that NM. On the other hand though, the only time I've ever seen 5 seals drop was when grellow was proc'd twice.

So I actually have a theory (that I haven't tested, and seems to go against the common belief) that proc'ing multiple times can INCREASE the effectiveness of it (except for red, 'cause one stagger and it's all 100%), but the amount of times you can stagger before it wears off is random each time. Think of it kind of like a corsair's roll. Multiple staggers are like doubling up, but if you bust, you get nothing.
Theory's likely bunk. There's still a chance you'll get the full benefits with multiple procs, it just drops off at an alarming rate. You probably still has a 50/50 shot at it with two procs.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-12 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a reason I haven't tested it :p

Although, while I agree that the positive side to my theory is most probably untrue (just a very lucky drop that day), I'm a little more confident (still not 100%) about the bad side of it, that if you proc it too many times and the spell/ws no longer staggers the NM, then you've essentially bust, and will get no benefit at all (or even a negative effect)