Challenge In Maze Monger!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Challenge in Maze Monger!
Challenge in Maze Monger!
 Hades.Bragi
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user:
By Hades.Bragi 2009-02-05 06:19:21
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some help to test something for maze monger. I would like to find out, how many xp can be obtained by a level75 maze monger, when 'Supreme Might' rune is placed on it.

Now the problem is that this is a very difficult, maybe even an impossible task. what type of party would be required to clear a maze within 30 minutes, filled with about 15-20 mobs that are all lvl80-85?? in a party that is able to get this done would there be place for my whm? it's the only job i have 75 so far.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
and if anyone from hades wants to help me /tell me in game when I'm on.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-02-05 06:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, for extended fight scenario's, WHM generally seems to be kicked out of the picture. For anyone to successfully beat a challenge like that it would take a PLD experienced in god tanking, 3-4 skilled DDs, and a RDM to kite or tank and keep the PLD refreshed. A WHM may prove to be extremely useful depending on the mob, but as we know, MMM is completely random on what it puts in. Pray you don't get elementals. XD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-05 09:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

with 3-4 DD, you're almost guarenteed to get Elementals, Slimes or Hexeyes.

MMM seems to work against your current PT setup, so having a BLM heavy or DD heavy setup won't help much.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-05 09:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can easily change the type of mobs you fight in MMM though. >.>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-05 09:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, but I'm working on a completely blank Tabula, other than SM being put on it.

Without knowing what monster runes are being used, there's no way to tell how effective 4 DD would do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2009-02-05 11:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... when you use Supreme might + basic maze, you might end up with something hard like VT elemental or slimes. Which isn't good exp at all. But, if you use Supreme might+ A mob rune(Demon is pretty fast to kill, other stuff work though)+Trial by numbers(3 Waves) its actually very good exp. Exp ring has an effect on the exp you get, and the Condition Contract rune bumps up your exp alot! I think the most ive ever got was 4k which was from box only, not sure total. A merit PT set up will work, tanks is not needed unless you put in dragon rune(Dragons are big and deadly) or an addition might rune for mobs to be IT.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-05 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Arthur said:
(Dragons are big and deadly)

Yeah, that's for sure. Did a Maze run as a duo a few weeks ago, 64 DNC and THF, with dragon rune and even the weakened one (whatever it's called)...anyways yeah, they're all DC, first freaking one just rapes our faces, THF bit it (think even deleveled?)...good times. I was actually excited to get that dragon rune but now it can rot in my pouch for all I care lol...

We just stick to birds now. Much easier as we're both using piercing weapons...
 Caitsith.Himsa
Server: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2009-02-05 11:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried, don't remember what mobs but got around 1700 xp from the chest