users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Account transfer on the 360
Account transfer on the 360
 Garuda.Hokagereaper
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Hokagereaper 2009-02-05 06:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got an interesting question thats been bugging me for a while now. I'd like to know if you could transfer your FFxi account to another gamertag? An unfortunate event struck, my gamertag was deleted and I can't get it back. I've called xbox support and they told me to just make another gamertag, and since I don't want to start a new char for FFxi, I would be very thrilled if I was able to transfer me account. So if anyone knows please reply. Oh and I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer an account from a 360 to the PS2 or 3?
 Seraph.Megabyte
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Megabyte 2009-02-05 06:20:34
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Can play FFXI on any other platform and you have to unsync your character from that gamertag using the side menu.
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-02-05 07:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can call SE or use the Online Chat and request them to unlink your gamertag. You will only need the information from SE's side nothing from Xbox.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 08:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

to unlink the gamertag, they ask for your original registration codes you first installed ffxi....along with last 4 # of credit card, address, birthdate.

I tried to get my 2nd accounts gamertag unlinked and they wouldnt because I lost the original registration codes and they would take any of the expansion pack codes either. So they told me sorry but your ***out of luck basically.

I don't see a reason why to have the registration codes to unlink a gamertag....not like im changing the password. but oh well. GL

and you can play on any system with your account, just need your pol id and pw and your ok, oh and save all your macros to the server so u can load them up again on the other systems
 Remora.Nyeaghe
Server: Remora
user: Nyeaghe
By Remora.Nyeaghe 2009-02-05 09:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always deinstall everything and reinstall playonline viewer and FFXI if you are really desperate.

I was asked to sync a GT after reinstalling playonline viewer and FFXI on my new XBox after my old one died.