Forum » FFXI » General » Queued for update part II and just being respectful
Queued for update part II and just being respectful
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-02-04 21:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't post a reply on the 1st one but for one thing someone put up a concern about the Queue problem and Woooooodum just has to say something smart, even though people had genuine concerns. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all is the general rule of thumb.

Luignata is right though that you have a pretty negative attitude and one that shows lack of respect. I have recently had negative responses, and realize that its not just disrespectul, but also shallow. Jaerik nuked one of my remarks and for proper reasons: "I was being an A$"$^&le" (Again I apologize for my remarks)

So ladies and gents just take a chillpill and remember its a forum to help each other out, and talk about cool subjects like "your coolest NM kill" "your favorite FFXI moment" and off the subject topics like "global warming"

"May peace favor your sword" Lan Wheel of time
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-04 22:18:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Me and Wooooodum continued our argument through PM's after the thread had been locked. Although it should have gone down in PM's, what started as a quick retort, turned into a full blown argument.

Bottom line me and Wooooodum have discussed it, and we ended the debate on civil terms. (Again, Kudo's to her for that, she sent the PM apologizing and explaining her actions first)

I understand some may think the same way I do, and I still have a hard time going "Ok, she's not so bad" but bottom line, I'm not looking for a fight. She took the high road and apologized, I accepted it and apologized as well, and while we may not meet eye to eye, we've atleast managed to discuss it civilly, which is a rare commodity in this game.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-04 23:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I nuke this thread then?
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-04 23:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG <name>, YOU'RE SO <derogatory adjective>, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO FK YOUR COUCH SIR

Seriously! Why can't we just get along? Give people the respect they're due for being purely human (just like you!) and stating their opinions on a gaming forum--if you disagree, state YOUR opinion ONCE and be DONE with it!

Ironically, my playlist just started playing Daft Punk's Human After All. LOL.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-04 23:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
state YOUR opinion ONCE and be DONE with it!

Hmmm
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-04 23:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Seriously! Why can't we just get along?

To quote a previous thread.

Feyen said:
Human nature.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-04 23:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Anye said:
Seriously! Why can't we just get along?

To quote a previous thread.

Feyen said:
Human nature.

Daft Punk said:
We are human, after all; much in common, after all.

I was going to ask, "so why judge?" but um....
Feyen said:
Human nature.

DAMMIT D;< IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-02-05 00:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
OMG <name>, YOU'RE SO <derogatory adjective="">, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO FK YOUR COUCH SIR

LOL Anye. Not starting a flame war. But like ;P Do you really say that to people? That was hilarious. The couch? LOL "Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to put the cushion down and step away from the couch, OMG he's gotta gun!!!" I hope no one got any twisted ideas from this. ;P Sicko's..
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-05 01:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutupanddie said:
Anye said:
OMG <name>, YOU'RE SO <derogatory adjective>, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO FK YOUR COUCH SIR

LOL Anye. Not starting a flame war. But like ;P Do you really say that to people? That was hilarious. The couch? LOL "Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to put the cushion down and step away from the couch, OMG he's gotta gun!!!" I hope no one got any twisted ideas from this. ;P Sicko's.

Hahahahahaha, actually, it's a running joke in my linkshell ^^; I believe the person who started it was none other than Tira. :O >;3
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-05 01:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Chalk everything up to human nature. Hell, who need's responsibility.

Point exactally. Who does need responsiblity over their own actions?

If you fart, isn't your first reaction to be to blame it on the cat? (Who btw, just passed out because it was a killer fart too, poor kitty)

If you break a window, isn't the first thing that comes out of your mouth "A bird flew at the window and shattered it."

If you crashed your car into somebody else, isn't the first thing you are going to say "Why in the hell did you pull in front of me?"

If you answered yes to any of the above questions (truthfully, you can't lie to yourself in this case) then you are human. Congratulations, you are the scum of the earth (see global warming thread about that topic btw). You are everything you proved out to be. You parents should be proud of you.
 Diabolos.Cassi
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-02-05 04:48:02

Wheel of Time quote FTW!
 Remora.Jehoshaphat
Server: Remora
By Remora.Jehoshaphat 2009-02-05 09:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

intermets: srs bizzness
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-05 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phioness said:
I couldn't post a reply on the 1st one but for one thing someone put up a concern about the Queue problem and Woooooodum just has to say something smart, even though people had genuine concerns. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all is the general rule of thumb.

You shouldn't put "Just being respectful" in a topic title and make your first paragraph this. It's giving out very mixed signals.

I believe that in my first post I did actually talk about the problem the original poster talked about as well.

As for the negative attitude, I'll say what I said to Luignata. I have a sarcastic sense of humour, I'm not a bad person, I treat my friends well and strangers with respect that they deserve. If people get upset by this, my apologies, but just remember that what I say I don't mean in a vindictive sense like other people would.

With all due respect to you Phioness, your first post in the Global Warming topic called everyone of opposing opinion to you ignorant, if I remember rightly. You can't really expect a sound, calm, relaxed response in the middle of such an epic debate with a comment like that, can you? I believe my response was fully waranted, and as bad as yours, in such a debate. There is certainly no right or wrong here, and everyone had their fair share of fun at other's expense in that thread.

Either way me and Luignata have resolved this, so this thread is pointless... As was it in the first place anyway, though, since one of the Admins felt the need to lock the other.

I will try to curb my sense of humour so as not to readily offend people so easily, and I would hope that the clear examples of provocation that we do witness will also attempt to self control themselves. Both sides making an effort will be sure to yield a far more successful result.

Oh, and for the record, I am a male I'm afraid :p
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-05 10:41:03

Wooooodum said:

Well crap, that changes everything. I hate you again!

>.>
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-05 10:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Wooooodum said:

Well crap, that changes everything. I hate you again!

&gt;.&gt;

Don't hate me, hate my parents ; ;
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-02-05 11:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said: Who Cares <.< <<<< Thats being a

Smartass

quote #2: I didn't mean to come off abrupt, but it seemed like a pretty obvious problem to me <<<< arrogant and smartass remark # 2

And I don't care whether your a dude or not you tend to post on every thread whether it involves you or not. Get a job at TNT ... they know drama!

Bartimaeus said: random people decided to post just anything after because they have the ability. Just because you can does not mean you should. I lose hope, it is sad.

With that said I'll end it with this. Some people have nothing better to do in life then make constant posts on these threads. If you like drama so much get a GF or BF. Get away from the computer and have some sex!!! Lots of drama comes from that (believe me I'm juggling 2 women at once, but its fun as hell!) Better to have your fingers playing with a person then keyboard. If you live at home with mom and dad or are obese, pimply faced, just a loner ... well you got some work to to there, but thats what a diet/excercise, Proactive, confidence, and independance are for. Remember fat chicks don't need lovin to ... they just need Jenny Craig ... then they can get some lovin

If you find it a challenge to go 2 days w/o posting on this site, JUST TO DO IT, you gotta problem call Drama Anonymous @ 1-800-DQUEENS and get some help.

On that note I'm off for a week, got college and women to think about.

"All these moments will be lost in time, like...tears...in the rain" Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty 'Blade Runner'
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-05 11:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you trying to achieve exactly? Start another argument over nothing? This thread is dead, the points have been made, the problems resolved. You're now making yourself look like the firestarter and showing yourself to be hypocrit when asking for others to respect everyone. As I pointed out in your first paragraph, you request that everyone treats each respectfully, yet you clearly aren't doing that to me.

I ask again, what are you trying to achieve?

I'm more than happy to control my personality to please others. The real question is, are you?

(PS. I wasn't saying I was male for any reason other than the fact somebody referred to me as her.)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-05 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phioness said:
(believe me I'm juggling 2 women at once, but its fun as hell!)

What an ***. Your comment was disgusting and completely out of order, if you wish to attack Woos this way please do it in PM instead of bringing these insults onto everyone elses screen. Thank you.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-05 11:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phioness said:
Some people have nothing better to do in life then make constant posts on these threads.

I think you just put yourself in your own made up category.

Phioness said:
If you live at home with mom and dad or are obese ... well you got some work to to there, but thats what a diet and independance are for. Remember fat chicks don't need lovin to ... they just need Jenny Craig ... then they can get some lovin

I think you're much worse than Woooodum after that, lol. (I never thought Wooooodum was all that bad anyhow.)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-05 11:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why you decided to reopen a thread that was closed for a reason. The first thing you post is an attack on someone who obviously worked out their issues privately with a different poster and here you come rumbling a thread up again.

They will probably close this thread also for the nonsense. You didn't make yourself any better by your responses either.
 Bahamut.Lyle
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lyle 2009-02-05 11:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phioness is one of those French vegetarian pussies that suffer from such low self esteem that they lash out at those that are prettier :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-02-05 12:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This is against anyone in particular, but just stop. Keep your opinions to yourself about people, if you have them, send them to the PM. Please. Phioness might have flamed Wooooooodum in the beginning, but as this post goes on, other are flaming just as much if not worse. This thread was a mistake, yes. But leave it at that, don't continue to feed into it. It's useless. Take Wooooodum's advise and move on. It'll be better for everyone in the end.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-05 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum Troll Drama is just like a Zombie, it won't die.

You only have two choices, run away as fast as you can OR shooting the zombie in the head...
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-02-05 13:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

im waiting for this thread to be nailed shut stuck in a coffin and sunk in the ocean
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-02-06 13:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Septroth said:
im waiting for this thread to be nailed shut stuck in a coffin and sunk in the ocean

Which it now has been.