Raskovnik
First Page 2
 Asura.Kidrolla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2010-10-07 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

does anybody know what it takes for the !! On this thing.I'm 0/16 on this for the back peace.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-10-07 13:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Which color !!. Check wiki it gives the ws to trigger red. Can't remember off hand but it was a club ws if i remember correctly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By diddsey 2010-10-07 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

read sum where five V pops the !!.not much use in a all bst party i know.Tip : me and my bst shell killed rask 30 or more times without seeing a single ferine mantle then after the 85 cap raise one of the shell managed to solo him using dipper and went 1 for 2 solo so i figure lets give it a go and lo and behole i went 1/2 also.since then many of my shell have soloed him and and all got the mantle within a few kills (well almost all).it is a tough fight solo.good reward set helps as does the pet eva trials axes if u have them.g/l
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-10-07 14:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-07 14:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/97093-Abyssea-NM-Weaknesses?p=4158743&viewfull=1#post4158743
[+]
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-10-07 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting read there. Will have to test some of that later. Thanks for the link
 Asura.Kidrolla
user: Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2010-10-08 09:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well went 1/19 .Soloed first one, duo next one. Then party of us killing nms in there and good ole dipper got the kill for me. Never did get any !! To come up, but got the drop. All I got to say is I wish the best of luck to you guys after it.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-08 10:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the drop 1/15 without any form of weakness activation, solo kills.

Just guess you have to rely on Yuly's natural TH, because a solo BST cannot activate any form of weakness I don't think... I tried every form of axe WS they have, beside relic, 15 times and no dice.

Congrats btw.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-10-08 17:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Xynth
as far as i have noticed, it is not static. each time its a different physical Ws. Keep tryng.
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-08 17:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
@ Xynth
as far as i have noticed, it is not static. each time its a different physical Ws. Keep tryng.

Not really any need now, I got the drop. ^^ Would like the atma still, I guess.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-08 18:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen so far, the "Equipment" (Blue) !! weakness target, can only be triggered by Weapon Skills that are capable of Producing a Light or Darkness skillchain, but not a Relic, Empyrean or Nyzul weapon skill.

For "Atma" (Red) !! Weakness target, there seems to be only 13 available weapon skills, reported to have ever produced the Atma sourcing event.

And for "Seal" (Yellow) !! Weakness target, it seems only TIII-IV Elemental Magic and multi-class Dark Magic/Divine Magic (Drain, Aspir and Bio II or Flash, BanishI,II and Holy) have proven capable of triggering the Muted weakness.

These are just cursory, and I stake no degree of certainty on them, but any reported cases otherwise, have always been debatable at best, such as a situation where multiple people are spamming spells, or many different weapon skills go off at the same time.

It's worth noting, that You can never trigger a (!!) While the enemy is readying a TP move or spell.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-10-09 04:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
From what I've seen so far, the "Equipment" (Blue) !! weakness target, can only be triggered by Weapon Skills that are capable of Producing a Light or Darkness skillchain, but not a Relic, Empyrean or Nyzul weapon skill.

For "Atma" (Red) !! Weakness target, there seems to be only 13 available weapon skills, reported to have ever produced the Atma sourcing event.

And for "Seal" (Yellow) !! Weakness target, it seems only TIII-IV Elemental Magic and multi-class Dark Magic/Divine Magic (Drain, Aspir and Bio II or Flash, BanishI,II and Holy) have proven capable of triggering the Muted weakness.

These are just cursory, and I stake no degree of certainty on them, but any reported cases otherwise, have always been debatable at best, such as a situation where multiple people are spamming spells, or many different weapon skills go off at the same time.

It's worth noting, that You can never trigger a (!!) While the enemy is readying a TP move or spell.
Flame Skimmer has had a blue !! triggered by Sidewinder, so it's more than just that on the top.

And for Yellow I've had one of my BRDs proc !! with threnodies, and there's been reports of other songs triggering it also. BLU spells can also do it, and iirc there was a report that BLM nukes from level 50-75 can cause !!, so Freeze is the first.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-10-09 05:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

tier 2 blm spell works
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-10-09 06:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
tier 2 blm spell works
Never seen one proc myself, would like to see a screenshot or something to comfirm :D
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-10 01:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Been reports of WS as low as Shadowstich and Viper Bite proccing the Blue "!!", so its shaping up to be just about any Physical Weaponskill.

Only skill levels i've yet to read reported were the level 1WS (Was Sting, Fast Blade, etc)
 Lakshmi.Aequis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2010-10-10 02:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself and partner are around 0/18 on the Ferine mantle now. We duo as either BST, BST or BST, SMN. Have gone through the whole list of axe ws and partner tried scythe whilst I tried sword a few times, but the only ever !! we managed to get was I think a yellow.

It stopped his spellcasting and stunned him for a while, was triggered by Banish II on Lightsday and dropped its key item - Fetid Rafflesia Stalk. Since then we just haven't had any luck whatsoever and we've given up on it for now.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2010-10-10 13:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Been reports of WS as low as Shadowstich and Viper Bite proccing the Blue "!!", so its shaping up to be just about any Physical Weaponskill.

Only skill levels i've yet to read reported were the level 1WS (Was Sting, Fast Blade, etc)
Shadowstich procced !! on Funeral Apkallu last night, so yes that is correct.
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-11 11:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aequis said:
Myself and partner are around 0/18 on the Ferine mantle now. We duo as either BST, BST or BST, SMN. Have gone through the whole list of axe ws and partner tried scythe whilst I tried sword a few times, but the only ever !! we managed to get was I think a yellow.

It stopped his spellcasting and stunned him for a while, was triggered by Banish II on Lightsday and dropped its key item - Fetid Rafflesia Stalk. Since then we just haven't had any luck whatsoever and we've given up on it for now.

The "pop" key items aren't affected by atma's I don't think, I got the Stalk on my first ever kill of him without any activations, it appears to be 100% also for the one who engages him first.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-19 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xynthios said:

Just guess you have to rely on Yuly's natural TH, because a solo BST cannot activate any form of weakness I don't think... I tried every form of axe WS they have, beside relic, 15 times and no dice.

Congrats btw.

Wrong.

You can trigger !! BST/WHM. 1/2 on mantle when triggering !!. 0/12 when not.
 Ifrit.Frenchy
Server: Ifrit
user: Frenchy
By Ifrit.Frenchy 2010-10-19 13:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Alexander.Xynthios said:

Congrats btw.

Wrong.

You can trigger !! BST/WHM. 1/2 on mantle when triggering !!. 0/12 when not.
Care to share with the rest of us which WS it was that you used to trigger the blue !! ?
 Odin.Mejinx
user: Mejinx
By Odin.Mejinx 2010-10-19 13:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

BST friend and I are 0/30 on duo'ing this bastid for the ferine mantle. We always try spamming our axe WS's and white magic from /whm but have never seen any !!. He is really stingy....0/30 come on now.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-19 13:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Raging axe--->seraph strike

Its probably just the seraph strike, but we skillchain it anyways. It process !! 1/3 tries.
 Ifrit.Frenchy
Server: Ifrit
user: Frenchy
By Ifrit.Frenchy 2010-10-19 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Raging axe--->seraph strike

Its probably just the seraph strike, but we skillchain it anyways. It process !! 1/3 tries.
It looks like Xynthios was right then, a solo Bst can't trigger the blue weakness.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-19 14:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I ll be more specific.

Bst using a club /whm will have access to seraph strike. I always duo Raskovnik with another bst. Bst/nin (me) and bst/whm (friend).

If it's only seraph strike that triggers the !!, then yes, BST can do it solo.
 Odin.Mejinx
By Odin.Mejinx 2010-10-19 15:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yes but seraph strike is for triggering red !! since its an elemental WS, right?
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-19 15:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Red !! will only give the atma, you want the Blue !! for drops
 Odin.Mejinx
By Odin.Mejinx 2010-10-19 15:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what I am getting at, triggering the red !! will not help out your chances of getting the Ferine Mantle to drop.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-19 16:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't be on until early november to try it again, but literally, that's all we did and both Atma and the mantle dropped. Fluke maybe, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Edit: Skillchain is magic damage. That may have been the trigger instead of seraph strike alone. Someone should go duo this with some one using the same method.

This is most def. What method we are sticking to until the 2nd mantle drops.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-19 16:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to read through all the blab in there (Just assuming since that's usually what BG is like..) you can just use this. I would think it's a little more concise.

Edit: Just looked at it and they hardly have anything for Blue !! Still good for Red and kinda for Yellow though I guess.
First Page 2