users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Quick Economic Index question
Quick Economic Index question
 Alexander.Redpheonix
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Redpheonix 2009-02-04 11:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I right in thinking that a low economic index means items are generally cheaper.

So it would be preferable for someone with not as much money and beneficial to those who already have money as they appear richer.

Because I always looked at it as a sign of server strength if it was high but now thinking about how the game works particularly with regards to how much money is obtained off enemies and selling items to npc's not on the AH.

For a new player who has no real income the lower economic index would be good for them rather than a high one which makes it difficult to buy gear right.

(Also I'm not a new player and have no money troubles :p first job Ranger 1-75 without farming once just lucky bcnm's also have Nin 75 which ain't cheap either haha but loving the decrease in ammo prices and tool cost etc)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-04 12:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=841&lp=1

Seraph.Lapuma said:
If the numbers start going up very quickly, keeping gil on hand is not a great idea. This is because everyday your gil is on hand, it is worth less, so ideally it would be best to buy something with limited availability. Quick examples would be things like an extra peacock charm or even d-ingots. Inversely, if the numbers are declining rapidly, your best bet is to keep gil on hand.