Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Bale Head seals
Bale Head seals
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-03 21:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a trick or something to getting bale headseals from An Acrididaen Anodyne quest?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-03 21:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the chance is just low.

Do NMs, is arguably just as bad though.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-10-03 21:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, not needing the seals. That seemed to work for a friend of mine going for RDM seals, he got enough to complete PUP and DRK before finishing RDM.

Really though, no clue, just have to pray to the seal gods that you'll get what you need in a timely manner.
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-10-04 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I need both DRK and PUP so its a 50/50 chance to get mine, and so far I have 5 drks and 5 pups, 1 rng 3 rdm
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-04 13:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait you guys are qqing about bale head seals? I have seen NOTHING drop more then that damn seal off of my primary nm I farm: Blazing Eruca. I kill the eruca for iga seals but all i've seen drop in 25 kills is the following total:

15 bale head seals

12 pups (once had 3 drop on one kill)

6 blms

0 ninja

in 25 runs. Im guessing if no iga seals (ninja for the uninformed) don't drop today from the 10 pops I plan to do then I'll assume the wiki is incorrect and ninja seals do not infact drop off of the eruca and all ive done is give drks and pups and blms free hats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-10-04 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Iga drops. That damn crawler exploded into three of 'em twice in a row when my Abyssea shell took a crack at it.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-05 03:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf. did you guys cause weakness or have TH4 or that treasure hunter atma? details please. Im now 0/30
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 03:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Yes, not needing the seals.
Pretty much this.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-05 03:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FUUUUUUUUUUU imma go in saying in party chat "I need DRK I need DRK" and watch like double iga drop back to back and zero drk. Seen a quest has finaly been posted on WIKI concerning the iga seals and how to obtain them, but it requires lvl 3 reputation and some how farming gold chests for malachite. I'd perfer a 16% supposed drop rate on iga seals of blazing eruca vs farming malachite for 5 hours just for a CHANCE at a iga seal. this is rediculous, I love the look of this hat and its the same haste as walmart turban plus dex for crit hits so great tp hat, wouldn't ws in it but I want it for town and tp lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-05 03:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well anyone ever make a weakness on blazing eruca? i'd like to know that lol on BG trolling for it cant find it yet
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-05 04:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
well anyone ever make a weakness on blazing eruca? i'd like to know that lol on BG trolling for it cant find it yet
Idk about the weakness thing. Like I've never triggered something based on what is listed on the few nms that have that info on wiki... hell I've yet to have any NM trigger to the same thing twice lol. Like been doing the T1 orobon recently. I've had it trigger on aero 4, stone 4 and something else. And then I've had it not trigger the other lik 7 times I've fought using everything a rdm can cast on a mob other than dia 3 and most blm spells that I couldn't
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-05 04:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol im talking to you ingame lol XD XD WELCOME TO BAHAMUT AKA BEST SERVER EVAR
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-05 04:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the General strat for killing the crawler?
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-05 04:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Whats the General strat for killing the crawler?

not sure why but it got like 1kdmg blaze spikes towards the end so dont melee it! incineration hurts too but its not that bad
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-05 04:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

blms, kite and nuke around big rock near spawn point. Don't cast when its casting, and make sure to keep a 2 min timer. If you cast when timer is up or its casting you will heal it. I don't recommend melee because of blaze spikes, when blaze spikes fall it absorbs melee dmg as heals. If done correctly and you have a dedicated stunner to stun when it casts (must stun during casting because it likes to Fire V himself for over 1k and firega 4 for 1800 dmg) its a rather easy fight. Be a noob and *** up one small detail and you can wipe. Pop item is Eruca Egg and usually is 3k on ah. Drops drk and blm seals like crazy, and lolpupjesterhat seals too.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-05 04:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
blms, kite and nuke around big rock near spawn point. Don't cast when its casting, and make sure to keep a 2 min timer. If you cast when timer is up or its casting you will heal it. I don't recommend melee because of blaze spikes, when blaze spikes fall it absorbs melee dmg as heals. If done correctly and you have a dedicated stunner to stun when it casts (must stun during casting because it likes to Fire V himself for over 1k and firega 4 for 1800 dmg) its a rather easy fight. Be a noob and *** up one small detail and you can wipe. Pop item is Eruca Egg and usually is 3k on ah. Drops drk and blm seals like crazy, and lolpupjesterhat seals too.

Awsome tyvm for strat!

Think a RDM and BLM could duo it? O:
 Ramuh.Pozcat
Server: Ramuh
user: Pozcat
By Ramuh.Pozcat 2010-10-05 04:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Awsome tyvm for strat!

Think a RDM and BLM could duo it? O:

yes, very very easily. just keep running and you should be able to pass hate between yourselves by trading off nukes. Be aware though he can hit hard and fast so you'll want movement speed+

EDIT: Addle is your friend
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-05 04:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yea pretty easy, barfire is your friend and time your nukes with the 2 min casting. Have the rdm sub drk for stun
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 10:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder if the TH atma would affect results from quests >_>?
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-10-05 10:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
not sure why but it got like 1kdmg blaze spikes towards the end so dont melee it! incineration hurts too but its not that bad
My shell melees it down just fine with relatively minimal support from the White Mage and Red Mage. It's just a matter of coordinating weaponskills so an awry Gekko doesn't drag out the fight longer than it needs to.

Funny enough we've gotten more drops from Whiro than the crawler despite all the "Man he is a Bale vending machine" talk... oh well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-05 13:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea aprox how much HP this thing have?