Merits For DRK? (What Should I Merit)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Merits for DRK? (What should I merit)
Merits for DRK? (What should I merit)
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-06 15:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you say NINs bad go suck a *** pls, lol. Also WOOT hit 85, I'm thinking about getting askar body but idk what else to have with it because it'll take away from my perle set haste any ideas?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-06 15:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

PLD and NIN are still good, just more situationally than before.

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
If you say NINs bad go suck a *** pls, lol. Also WOOT hit 85, I'm thinking about getting askar body but idk what else to have with it because it'll take away from my perle set haste any ideas?
lol

Keep on keeping on, FFXIAH
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-10-06 16:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

my pld will *** you up <_<
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-06 16:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:

This leaves putting Diabolic Eye up as support for certain gearings, but we still only have ace's hose as a big exchange of Accuracy for Haste, most other suggested DE swaps are silly things like STR rings.
for TP:
Swap Bomblet to bomb core
swap Cuchulain's/Abyss (if you TP in them) to Forager's
Ace's sabatons are nice too

for WS:
Varangian Helm
Diabolic Eye is more useful if you have different scripts (or spellcast) to make these kind of swaps.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 16:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:

This leaves putting Diabolic Eye up as support for certain gearings, but we still only have ace's hose as a big exchange of Accuracy for Haste, most other suggested DE swaps are silly things like STR rings.
for TP:
Swap Bomblet to bomb core
swap Cuchulain's/Abyss (if you TP in them) to Forager's
Ace's sabatons are nice too

for WS:
Varangian Helm
Diabolic Eye is more useful if you have different scripts (or spellcast) to make these kind of swaps.

If you lack Justice Torque like say you have PCC you can always swap in Kbeads on the neck piece for tp gain. Technically for Warrior they beat out Fortitude Torque.

If you have Justice Torque though, hey forget about it.

Edit:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Also TP in Perle, WS with a Hauby/Hauberk for Scythe.. Askar is only situational/Good for Single hits if you lack better pieces.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-06 16:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
for TP: Swap Bomblet to bomb core swap Cuchulain's/Abyss (if you TP in them) to Forager's Ace's sabatons are nice too for WS: Varangian Helm Diabolic Eye is more useful if you have different scripts (or spellcast) to make these kind of swaps.
If you lack Justice Torque like say you have PCC you can always swap in Kbeads on the neck piece for tp gain. Technically for Warrior they beat out Fortitude Torque. If you have Justice Torque though, hey forget about it. Edit:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Also TP in Perle, WS with a Hauby/Hauberk for Scythe.. Askar is only situational/Good for Single hits if you lack better pieces.

Thanks, Atm i am tping in Perle and its very good. I just need to know what to WS in.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-06 17:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
for TP: Swap Bomblet to bomb core swap Cuchulain's/Abyss (if you TP in them) to Forager's Ace's sabatons are nice too for WS: Varangian Helm Diabolic Eye is more useful if you have different scripts (or spellcast) to make these kind of swaps.
If you lack Justice Torque like say you have PCC you can always swap in Kbeads on the neck piece for tp gain. Technically for Warrior they beat out Fortitude Torque. If you have Justice Torque though, hey forget about it. Edit:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Thanks, Atm i am tping in Perle and its very good. I just need to know what to WS in.

Depends on the Weapon Skill.

Non-relic Single hit: STR -> WSC
Multi Hit (3+): Acc to Cap -> attack-STR -> WSC
Relic: Attack -> STR -> WSC if it's not stupid like Catastrophe.
Magic WS: Magic Atk Bonus -> WSC
Critical WS*: DEX -> Attack -> WSC *Not relevant to DRK... Yet.. hopefully.

There's always exceptions, but that's generally the way it goes.

An important thing to remember when dealing with 2 handed weapons though, is since the STR/Attack converts to a 3:4 ratio, you can generally always go with STR when you're debating the difference between 1 attack and 1STR
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-06 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Whats your current WS gear look like?
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2010-10-06 18:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Tell you the truth im completely oblivious. Im still wsing in Perle
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-06 18:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Don't bother with separate swaps just for Diabolic Eye. Generally the boost is extremely minor. Unless you have spell cast you're not gonna play at that level of performance for an extended period.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 18:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Don't bother with separate swaps just for Diabolic Eye. Generally the boost is extremely minor. Unless you have spell cast you're not gonna play at that level of performance for an extended period.

Then why bother on WAR <_<
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-06 19:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

zz
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Then why bother on WAR <_<

What does war have to do with anything?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-06 19:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:

It's still better than Muted Soul.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-06 19:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
It's still better than Muted Soul.

I didn't say not to merit it. In fact I said many times in this thread that you should. If you guys read my post I said:

Don't bother with separate swaps for Diabolic Eye.

In that sentence I'm instructing you to "not bother"
The target of that "not bother" instruction is "with separate swaps"
Diabolic eye is in there referencing what the separate swaps are for.

Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-06 19:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I say go for it and maximize what you can to your fullest if you have the ability to do so. Its not hard to have 2 different macros. 1 for standard TP, the other for Aggressor up or in this case diabolic eye.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-06 19:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I say go for it and maximize what you can to your fullest if you have the ability to do so. Its not hard to have 2 different macros. 1 for standard TP, the other for Aggressor up or in this case diabolic eye.

If you think you can do it effectively without making mistakes and TPing in the wrong set or getting lazy and not bothering to swap after 2 hours of play then go for it. Certainly it is doable, but its a matter weighing the benefit vs the effort. Also, if your job is already geared correctly then you wouldn't have accuracy in non-optimal places which negates the need for the swaps entirely. The only valuable swap I see comming from Diabolic eye is Ebody -> Haste body.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-07 00:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I swap Noct >>> Ares

Iunno I like it, spellcast does the work for me x;

But yea its definatley alot easier using spellcast, I used to try it before I used spellcast jumping back and forth between two diff macro sets definatley takes alot more concentration.

Spellcast is pretty damn hot for AM for Apoc too :3
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-07 00:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

This is what I am currently using for Guillotine if it helps any.

Af3+1 Legs are amazing and very easy to get just a little time consuming, took me maybe 6 hours to finish getting mine. Wasnt so bad, Just spam Galkan Sausage quest, they are well worth the effort :3

Haub +1 would prolly be better than my Noct not really sure exactly how they compare, E:Body being king for Guillotine.

Sentry belt also is very easy to get! I trio the NM w/ some friends every couple of weeks or so for gil, the belt is 50% drop rate, I think we got 5 belts in one run once just spam popping the NM.

Iunno just thought id post my set see if it helped any ^^'.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-07 01:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
This is what I am currently using for Guillotine if it helps any. Af3+1 Legs are amazing and very easy to get just a little time consuming, took me maybe 6 hours to finish getting mine. Wasnt so bad, Just spam Galkan Sausage quest, they are well worth the effort :3 Haub +1 would prolly be better than my Noct not really sure exactly how they compare, E:Body being king for Guillotine. Sentry belt also is very easy to get! I trio the NM w/ some friends every couple of weeks or so for gil, the belt is 50% drop rate, I think we got 5 belts in one run once just spam popping the NM. Iunno just thought id post my set see if it helped any ^^'.

dang that set totally kills mine D: i want nocturnus body
this is mine and is gimp ; ;
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-07 03:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call that set gimp, id stay away from V. Helm tho.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-07 04:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
This is what I am currently using for Guillotine if it helps any. Af3+1 Legs are amazing and very easy to get just a little time consuming, took me maybe 6 hours to finish getting mine. Wasnt so bad, Just spam Galkan Sausage quest, they are well worth the effort :3 Haub +1 would prolly be better than my Noct not really sure exactly how they compare, E:Body being king for Guillotine. Sentry belt also is very easy to get! I trio the NM w/ some friends every couple of weeks or so for gil, the belt is 50% drop rate, I think we got 5 belts in one run once just spam popping the NM. Iunno just thought id post my set see if it helped any ^^'.

dang that set totally kills mine D: i want nocturnus body
this is mine and is gimp ; ;

yerdoinitwrong
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-07 04:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Depends on the Weapon Skill.

Non-relic Single hit: STR -> WSC
Multi Hit (3+): Acc to Cap -> attack-STR -> WSC
Relic: Attack -> STR -> WSC if it's not stupid like Catastrophe.
Magic WS: Magic Atk Bonus -> WSC
Critical WS*: DEX -> Attack -> WSC *Not relevant to DRK... Yet.. hopefully.

There's always exceptions, but that's generally the way it goes.

An important thing to remember when dealing with 2 handed weapons though, is since the STR/Attack converts to a 3:4 ratio, you can generally always go with STR when you're debating the difference between 1 attack and 1STR

he doin it right go with what he said.