Bio + Infernal Scythe
 Ifrit.Grievus
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-01 16:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

First time poster.

Is it confirmed that Bio and the att down from Infernal Scythe DO or DO NOT stack?

I browse all the major forums (im a guy who loves to read about the inner workings of this game, i.e. DD math etc. ) and havent come across anything proclaiming one way or the other.

I've been playing it as they do stack (while soloing) because it seems like a good idea unless told otherwise.

I don't mind opinions/personal experience but I posted because I'm hoping someone out there has proof or knows somewhere I can read proof.

Thank you.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-01 16:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume so, Bio and Attack down are seperate status effects.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-10-01 16:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played since they announced the level cap, but from my somewhat limited knowledge of current game mechanics, they should stack. Bio is technically a different status effect than just an Attack down. It's like asking if Rasp and absorb-DEX stack. They both lower target DEX, but they have different status effects and do different things, so they still stack.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-01 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Grievus said:
I browse all the major forums (im a guy who loves to read about the inner workings of this game, i.e. DD math etc. )

Is that your TP set on your profile?
[+]
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-01 16:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case from personal experience alone I must say Infernal Scythe doesnt seem to be as potent as 15% att down (according to wiki- which in itself isn't always guarenteed to be correct). Stacked with Bio II we should be looking at 25% att down and I don't feel like im getting those results overall. I solo a variety of EMish mobs (Trial, etc) all the time and use both the ws and spell on every mob I face at the start.

Anyone else have an opinion that is similiar or otherwise?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-01 16:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Like it says on the discussion page for it, I never saw any difference. Tried it in brenner too but nothing changed.
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-01 16:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is always someone on every forum like yourself whose only goal is to rail people about their gear. Is that gonna be you Dracondria? Or can we have a meaningful discussion with a derail?

I'm just here looking for information about Bio and Infernal Scythe. Is that okay?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-10-01 16:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Grievus said:
If that's the case from personal experience alone I must say Infernal Scythe doesnt seem to be as potent as 15% att down (according to wiki- which in itself isn't always guarenteed to be correct). Stacked with Bio II we should be looking at 25% att down and I don't feel like im getting those results overall. I solo a variety of EMish mobs (Trial, etc) all the time and use both the ws and spell on every mob I face at the start.

Anyone else have an opinion that is similiar or otherwise?
-25% Attack isn't the same as -25% PDT. -25% attack will make your target's damage fluctuate more, with the lower end dropping further than it was before, but without a parse, you wouldn't be able to see it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-01 16:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Grievus said:
There is always someone on every forum like yourself whose only goal is to rail people about their gear. Is that gonna be you Dracondria? Or can we have a meaningful discussion with a derail?

I'm just here looking for information about Bio and Infernal Scythe. Is that okay?

I was curious because of what you said.
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-01 16:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty I play with all sorts of gear sets.

What was last scanned was me playing with my crit rate on some Peistes while doing a trial in Grauberg .

@Eternius
I don't know why I didnt think of that myself. Makes sense now as you're really just adjusting you opponents range of highs and lows.

Thanks.

P.S.- I dont knmow why that got striked out or how to change lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-10-01 16:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Grievus said:
In all honesty I play with all sorts of gear sets.

What was last scanned was me playing with my crit rate on some Peistes while doing a trial in Grauberg_S.

@Eternius
I don't know why I didnt think of that myself. Makes sense now as you're really just adjusting you opponents range of highs and lows.

Thanks.

P.S.- I dont knmow why that got striked out or how to change lol
Fixed, you can't use
Code
[S]

for Shadowreign zones, it prompts Strikeout of text.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-10-01 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the [.s] in grauberg [.s]
 Ifrit.Grievus
By Ifrit.Grievus 2010-10-01 16:41:52