Forum » FFXI » General » Invasion?
Invasion?
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-02-03 04:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wanting a few opinions on this matter. How do you feel when someone invades your farming camp. Personally, I do not invade camps myself because it is slightly irritating when someone invades mine. If it is taken, I move on. What do you think?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-03 05:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like competing with people for farm spots so I never farm anymore, do BCNM/Garrison/ISNM for gil these days, seems like a more worthwhile way of making gil.

But yeah when I ever do farm if someone is there I just go do sumthing else and if someone comes and camps the spot i'm at i'll finish my stack then leave. That's just cause I don't enjoy the farming aspect of the game though...
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-02-03 05:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I do the same as nevill, but must ppl just dont care...

They even go as far as to range a mob they saw you SA and get behind.

I just stick to my spot and wait for repops, that way they realize it doesnt pay up to try and steal it from me. After a pop or 2 they realize its better just to go somewhere else.

Maybe they dont know better spot, maybe they are trying to buly you out....
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-03 05:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably one of my biggest peeves in FFXI, and it all comes down to common courtesy and greed all over again.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a first come, first serve basis. If someone's there, sucks to be me.. time to go find something else. If not, sucks to be them, time for them to go find something else.

I leave PT's that expect me to camp on top of another PT. I almost left my old Sky LS because 2-3 people wanted to steal Despot off a BST that was soloing it, shockingly, they did, but the BST got the gem in the end, so I let that one slide.

Normally, if I'm camping my "Money NM's", normally ones that drop something 100% of the time that I can AH for like 10k+ and maybe pull a profit while popping it too, I'll leave if someone else is there, or if friends/LSmates are there, I'll pt with them, they get all the drops from NM, but we let normal items free drop (unless they're after something in particular, naturally they get it then >.>).